Old April 28, 2003, 07:06   #31
BigRich
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Warlord

Local Time: 15:16
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by SpencerH
Sounds great, but thats without the eye candy eh?
Ooops - forgot about that. Better make sure you've got a GeForce 2 at the very least then

Seriously though - I'll check with those in the know about the likely requirements for the graphics, what resolutions are being planned for etc.

cheers,

Rich.
Old April 30, 2003, 16:13   #32
Lawrence of Arabia
PtWDG Gathering StormMac
King

Local Time: 07:16
Will it be for free? Will there be a mac port?
Old April 30, 2003, 16:22   #33
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Yes it's free.

No there won't be Mac port. Just making the Windows version is hard enough. If anyone volunteers to port it to the Mac they're welcome to try I suppose.
Old May 8, 2003, 16:06   #34
Valuk
Warlord

You said this wasn't going to die down, but it sure seems so to me...
Old May 8, 2003, 17:50   #35
Cyclotron
Never Ending StoriesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
King

Local Time: 10:16
Actually, we're more active than ever, it's just that we don't do any work at Apolyton. There are hundreds of threads in the staff section of our official website of new graphics, animations, coding, etc. that are still in progress. We are certanly making a lot of progress, but since we are not yet finished we don't have a lot to report here.

I recommend checking our official forums, and I'll try to talk Vel into releasing some of our work here for more people to see.
Old May 9, 2003, 01:18   #36
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

Cyclo's right, and the failing here is mine entirely.....we've been sailing along pretty steadily of late, and are doing some really exciting work, but as we get closer to getting something tangible pulled together, I seem to have let my information duties slide a bit here.....over the next few days, I'll see about remedying that.....got some stuff in the works that would make for pretty good "sneak peeks" I think....

-=Vel=-
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Old May 9, 2003, 15:17   #37
moomin
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 16:16
That'd be good, Vel. With so many recent disappointments in gaming I'm considering the benefits of turning GP lose on your trail...
Old May 15, 2003, 00:24   #38
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Quote:
Originally posted by moomin
That'd be good, Vel. With so many recent disappointments in gaming I'm considering the benefits of turning GP lose on your trail...
no one deserves that
Old May 24, 2003, 22:57   #39
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 05:16
I push for truth.
Old May 30, 2003, 19:17   #40
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Quote:
Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
SithUK: Yeah, before Christmas last year we were hoping to release the Beta by the end of March 2003, but we're going to miss that date. It wouldn't make much sense for us to set another deadline, but I think we all expect it to be out before the end of the year.
Any more dates coming up?

Quote:
It's great to see so much interest in the project still.

/me waves
Old June 10, 2003, 10:39   #41
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

No firm dates, nope....but just this morning, I was able to put my hands on the latest alpha build, and here's the scoop!

Total size: ~ 26Megs (quite the step up from the last release, which was just a shade over 2....the biggest thing here is the incorporation of a good many graphics).

No sound implementation as yet

Placeholder graphic for the army (a busty chic, toting a spear)

I'm at work, so I can't do any real testing, but both BigRich and I have the gamefiles and will be doing testing this evening, so watch this space for more details (and perhaps even some screen shots now that we have graphics, instead of that "spreadsheet" look?

-=Vel=-
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Old June 10, 2003, 10:51   #42
BigRich
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Warlord

Testing - you bet! Although 26 megs - whew. That's going to take a while to trickle down the phone line at 4K a second.

Start download before going out to film tonight. Come home, unzip and play

And if it all goes pear shaped whilst I'm out.... try again and then play. One way or another I'm going to be trying this baby out tonight!

Rich
Old June 10, 2003, 10:57   #43
Velociryx
staff

d'oh! Yeah, I shoulda said you have access to the files.....gonna be a while on the download tho....sorry 'bout that!

The upshot is, they're broken out into the exe and two zips for graphics, so each chunk isn't so bad (and zipped, the graphics are ~5-6 megs each).

-=Vel=-
Old June 10, 2003, 12:33   #44
BigRich
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Warlord

Hey - not a problem! If it gets too large I'll speak to FP nicely and see if he can post me versions burned onto CD. Besides it's great to see our original chunk of code blossoming into a much larger piece of work!

Rich.
Old June 10, 2003, 12:34   #45
Velociryx
staff

Same here! In fact....I just posted the game's first official screenshot over in the alpha build thread....since you're not able to run the exe yet....tell me what you think!

-=Vel=-
Old September 14, 2003, 13:55   #46
moomin
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 16:16
So how goes the first public release? I always get a wee bit nervous seeing Vel as last poster in the Paradox Games forum and silence over here
Old September 14, 2003, 15:53   #47
H Tower

Quote:
Originally posted by moomin
So how goes the first public release? I always get a wee bit nervous seeing Vel as last poster in the Paradox Games forum and silence over here
I don't think it has been released yet. Otherwise this forum would be a lot more active.
Old September 14, 2003, 17:38   #48
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 05:16
will you use a vanity publisher?
Old September 14, 2003, 20:35   #49
Velociryx
staff

Yep...apologies for the relative silence of late...we DID suffer a setback of sorts ('splained in the "other" release notes thread).

As to getting the job done and getting a game out, I've said from the start I'll do whatever it takes. That hasn't changed. We're GOING to have a Candle'Bre. It will exist. That's a promise from an extremely stubborn guy...

-=Vel=-
Old November 23, 2003, 22:52   #50
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 11:16
I have not followed this, but I just wanted to lend a morale support for your efforts Vel.
Old November 23, 2003, 23:22   #51
Velociryx
staff

Thank you sir! And we're still steaming ahead....should have more goodies to show you all soon!

-=Vel=-