Old January 30, 2003, 20:18   #31
vee4473
King

Local Time: 10:17
Local Date: November 1, 2010
and people in the "gone gold" announcement thread by rantz are praising the game and the developers before having played it.

Equally Amazing...

Old January 30, 2003, 20:55   #32
Craig P.
Warlord

Local Time: 09:17
The original version of the game is MoO 1, not MoO2. Refitting ships was definitely not in MoO 1. I don't remember if boarding ships was in MoO 1 or not.

Reading the BT AARs, the combat looks to be pretty tactical to me.
Craig P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30, 2003, 21:39   #33
jscott991
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:17
MOO3 should be compared to MOO2, not really to MOO1. If a feature is in MOO2 and it isn't in MOO3, that's a step backwards, even if that feature wasn't in MOO1.

I would argue that MOO3's original version is MOO2, while MOO2's original version is MOO1.

It makes no difference anyway, all three versions seemed to start from scratch, its just that MOO3 has some clear regression from MOO2 in some visible features. That's a bad sign, but the game could make up for it in other ways.
jscott991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30, 2003, 22:37   #34
Harry Seldon
GalCiv Apolyton EmpireNationStates
King

Quote:
Originally posted by viciouscycle
People are still complaining about features when they haven't even played the game. Amazing.
We're just a huge community of nattering mothers waiting for our child to come home from their first day of school. I'm sure everything will be fine when little Timmy gets home, but we can't help but worry.
Harry Seldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30, 2003, 22:48   #35
viciouscycle
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:17
Location: Topeka (ancient American Indian term for "bubbling pit of hell")
Quote:
Originally posted by Harry Seldon

We're just a huge community of nattering mothers waiting for our child to come home from their first day of school. I'm sure everything will be fine when little Timmy gets home, but we can't help but worry.
Very true. I am reserving my judgements regarding features and mechanics and such until I play the game. But I am hopefull....
Old January 31, 2003, 23:39   #36
Draginol

The extra 4 or so weeks of development on GalCiv lets us do some extra polish, add a little more depth to it, add some extra events, a couple extra AI personalities and a few new features.

One new feature we're adding in is enhancing the invasion mechanism. Originally the invasion stuff was pretty straight forward. But now, as you gain new technologies, you'll be able to use different tactics and techs (mass drivers, biological attacks, etc.) to help take over a star system.

Plus various cosmetic improvements can be done. This is all stuff we had planned for 1.01 and 1.02 so the shipping game will effectively be 1.02 rather than 1.0.
Draginol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1, 2003, 00:06   #37
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 11:17
My son was telling me that a big fat manual comes with GalCiv. I think he is doing a review, anyway that sounds good to me.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote