Old January 28, 2003, 18:30   #1
minke19104
Warlord

Local Time: 15:18
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Manhattan Project gives nukes...
I had just thought about this a couple days ago. The Manhattan project wonder right now is pretty useless to create ur self. Sure if the AI is making it, then I would be more than willing to just let them finish and reap the benefits afterwards (nukess yess... )

However to make it more appealing to human players, they should've made the wonder give 2 free Tactical Nukes. History-wise this is what exactly happened. When America finished the Manhattan Project, they got 2 Nuclear bombs ready to hit Nagasaki and Hiroshima, which in turn made the ending of the war quicker.

Imagine the same thing happened in Civ 3. The first civilization to finish the Manhattan Project should get 2 free nukes to hit any other civs that they're in war(or not) with. This will give more reasons for players than just to waste shields on something the AI can build for us. You cannot build other nukes until Space Ship (i think) science has been researched, to limit nuclear warfare.

I'm not sure this if this is possible to do in the editor, however . Any comments?

thx
Old January 28, 2003, 18:50   #2
Sheik
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 10:18
Not possible. You could make it so that nukes require a silo improvement that requires Manhattan Project and then kae the Manhattan Project give the silo improvement to every city.

Sell your photos
Old January 28, 2003, 18:57   #3
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Local Time: 16:18
Or having a chance to build nukes only after stealing/purchasing tech from those who built it

That means that the guys getting Manhattan Pj would be the only ones able to build them
I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom
Old January 28, 2003, 22:38   #4
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 09:18
Playing PTW 1.14 you can use the editor to make the Manhattan Project as a small wonder which allows nukes only to the civ who builds it, that's much more realisitic and will give you a nuke advantage at least for a couple of turns if you're the first one to finish building it.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old January 28, 2003, 22:44   #5
The_Aussie_Lurker
BtS Tri-League
King

Hang on, I thought that everyone needed to make their own TMP in order to get nukes?
If only we could make units dependant on Improvements, and not just resources, 'cause then, as Sheik said, you could have the TMP count as an "Uranium Enrichment plant" (a VERY expensive improvement to build ) in every city, then make ALL nuclear weapons require uranium and a "Uranium Enrichment plant" to build.

Yours,
The_Aussie_Lurker.
Old January 29, 2003, 04:53   #6
MoonWolf
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by raguil_79
Playing PTW 1.14 you can use the editor to make the Manhattan Project as a small wonder which allows nukes only to the civ who builds it, that's much more realisitic and will give you a nuke advantage at least for a couple of turns if you're the first one to finish building it.
I hated when they changed it to a great wonder and disallowing it to be made a small one! Should be renamed though, as I don't think Soviet called in "Manhattan Project"...
Old January 29, 2003, 06:15   #7
TacticalGrace
Prince

yeah they called it the "Oxbridge Spies Project"
Old January 29, 2003, 07:14   #8
CerberusIV
lifer
C4WDG United Dungeon DwellersC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

I play with Manhattan as a small wonder and find the AI takes quite a while to get round to building it and then building nukes so it is fairly easy to get ahead in nukes. I do it that way to discourage nuclear war as it is then more expensive in terms of shields.

If you do change Manhattan Project to a small wonder in PTW be sure to give other GW's the Manhattan traits to keep the opportunities for getting a GA through GW's balanced.