Old January 29, 2003, 06:02   #1
Beefhawk
Warlord

Local Time: 15:20
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I am a mountainous fountain!
Howdy kids! It's been a while since I last wandered through here, but that won't stop me from acting like self-important ****er simply because I've got a cute little early registration date!

I don't quite understand the vast important you kids seem to attach to these dates, but that won't stop me from flaunting mine with impunity.

This time, I was drawn back to these boards when I, in a fit of unrestrained ego massaging, went to google and typed in 'Beefhawk'. Much to my suprise and alarm, one of the top entries was an ancient thread from Apolyton in which me, Imran, YYH, and a few others were role playing.

True to form, I'd entered their fancypants little sci-fi fantasy as a representative of a Uruguayan beef cartel bent on jacking up prices and making obscene profits. Within four hours, my endearing and meaty creation had been extinguished, trampled, and annhilated three different times, and my dreams were in tatters. I think that's the only time I've ever ventured into the rather kinky world of role-playing...

In other news, is the Locutus that you guys are such big fans of the same kid I've come to know and love? More importantly, how secure are y'alls email accounts?

If I've got the wrong locutus, then that little inside jab will make absolutely no sense. But that's what I'm here for! I'm one of those addled old veterans who wanders by, unleashes a few murky and inaccurate references to bygone times, and then isn't heard of for another six years.
Old January 29, 2003, 06:04   #2
Beefhawk
Warlord

Well, I'll be! Those crazy sons of guns have taken it upon themselves to axe one of my recklessly selected words!

I think that's the first time I've seen that particular world axed, it's rather titillating!
Old January 29, 2003, 06:05   #3
Beefhawk
Warlord

In other news, I suppose I'd best update my little sidebar and whatnot... I usually manage to do that about once every two or three years...
Old January 29, 2003, 06:06   #4
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 23:20
Do I know you, grandpa?
Old January 29, 2003, 06:12   #5
Beefhawk
Warlord

I'm proud to announce that, the distressingly archaic and uhip sidebar that appears alongside this monologue has officially been updated!

I've pegged myself as Finnish, which isn't technically true since I'm just studying here, but I wanted an excuse to fly something other than the American flag... I don't have anything against it, but it just looks scary and jingoistic when it's looming next to all your posts.
Old January 29, 2003, 06:17   #6
Beefhawk
Warlord

Wowee. That startup date is slightly older than I'd bargained for! I can dig it

Also, much of my monologue won't make sense, since apparently these wacky old forums make my sidebar changes retroactive. Rad!

Speaking of people I know, when I saw that HOF ballot thingy y'all are using, my first thought for an inductee was DOMINIKOS.... I'm pretty surprised that he's not there already. That kid was a nut, but barrels of fun in his own trolly little way.

YOU GUYS WANT MORE STORIES FROM THE OLD DAYS? When I make an appearance here, I usually brag shamelessly about the day when I did html labour for the UCIVII and also strive to work in a few references to CivII heaven... I still pine for that site! BUT I WON'T DO THAT THIS TIME, I PROMISE!
Old January 29, 2003, 06:19   #7
Beefhawk
Warlord

Waiiit, that's not a NATO flag, is it? No, it isn't... but I'll tell a NATO flag-related story anyway.

When the mother of one of my favourite old teachers died, I bought her a NATO flag to show my condolences.

Isn't that a great story?

It would be even better if I'd remembered to give the bloody thing to her...

I think I still have it.

Next time I'm at an international sporting event, I'm going to bring it along and cheer loudly for any NATO member nation. If I'm feeling generous, I'll even give a little hoot for countries that are just in their 'Partnership for peace' program!
Old January 29, 2003, 06:26   #8
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Your an odd fellow.

Long live the Sovietskii Soyuz!
Old January 29, 2003, 06:30   #9
Beefhawk
Warlord

Are you a legitimate Finn? That would be nifty!
Old January 29, 2003, 06:32   #10
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Quote:
Originally posted by Beefhawk
Are you a legitimate Finn? That would be nifty!
No. I am however a legitimate Russian. Is that close enough for you, grandfather?
Old January 29, 2003, 06:43   #11
Ari Rahikkala
King

Local Time: 18:20
This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand
Old January 29, 2003, 07:12   #12
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

How peculiar
Old January 29, 2003, 07:23   #13
aaglo
King

Local Time: 18:20
Beefhawk, you are a funny guy. Apolyton needs you...