Womynist: "It's like, if you're nice to them, they bring you stuff?"
Old January 29, 2003, 20:22   #32
David Floyd
Emperor

Local Time: 15:20
Local Date: November 1, 2010
From Reservoir Dogs:

Quote:
Are you gonna bark all day, little doggie, or are you gonna bite?
Old January 29, 2003, 20:23   #33
Tuberski

Local Time: 10:20
"Son, you gotta panty on your head."

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old January 29, 2003, 20:24   #34
CapitanGarlic
NationStates
Prince

Local Time: 08:20
From Cecil B. Demented

"I used to have so many problems in my life, and now I just have one: Drugs! It's such a clarification!"

Paraphrasing...haven't seen it in a while.

Also, from Mafia:

"I'd like to make a toast...Man is like a piece of Cheese...(sits)"
Old January 29, 2003, 20:31   #35
Boris Godunov
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 08:20
"Looks like I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue!"
Old January 29, 2003, 20:37   #36
Guynemer
C4WDG The GooniesCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-League
Emperor

Local Time: 11:20
I'll be takin' these Huggies, and whatever cash you got.
Old January 29, 2003, 21:50   #37
Kramerman
Prince

Local Time: 09:20
Gladiator
Maximus,
"On my signal... unleash Hell..."

Brave Heart
Wallace,
"They can take our lives, but they can never take our FREEDOM!!!"

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Splinter,
"I made a funny, HAHAHAHA!"
Old January 29, 2003, 22:15   #38
tandeetaylor
Chieftain

Local Time: 07:20
The one that comes to mind is from Analyze This. It's exteremely paraphrased, and I don't remember their character names.

Crystal: Are you happily married?
DeNiro: Yes.
Crystal: Then why do you have a girlfriend?
DeNiro: Are you kidding me? That's the mouth she uses to kiss my children goodnight.
Old January 29, 2003, 22:29   #39
Thrawn05
King

The Longest Day.

The scene where the scottish troops were continueing their march over a bridge, one of the scotts plays the bag pipes. At the same time two Irishmen, both with heavy a brogue, where taking cover.

Irishmen 1: [Putting cotton balls in his ears] Yup, he's at it again. Haven't you ever heard such a bleeding racket in all your life?

Irishmen 2: Ahhh it's an Irishmen to play the pipes.

=============

I forgot what this movie was called, but it was about a man going to Westpoint just before WWI. Westpoint played a football game against Nortre Dame, this of course was when football was just starting. The man made a bet with his father that Westpoint would win. They watched the game and during that game ND THREW the ball, somthing never done before. And since there wasn't anything in the rule books that said you can't, ND was able to win.

The Father: [As he was collecting his money from his son after the game.] This is what you get for betting against the Holy Mother of the Church.
Old January 29, 2003, 22:30   #40
Static Universe
Alpha Centauri Democracy Game
Prince

Travis Bickle from Taxi Driver:

Listen, you fu**ers, you screwheads. Here is a man who would not take it anymore. A man who stood up against the scum, the c**ts, the dogs, the filth, the s**t. Here is a man who stood up.
Old January 29, 2003, 22:38   #41
Thrawn05
King

QUOTE:

Womynist: "It's like, if you're nice to them, they bring you stuff?"

You know when my english teacher back in college asked the class to pick a movie to watch to learn about irony, I asked for PCU. She called me a bigot. She ignored everyone's suggestions (Including irony filled movies like Forrest Gump (she said that was offensive to those with mental disorders) and The Natural (she said it painted baseball players in a 'bad light') and instead brought Higher Learning.

I love that movie though, it reminds me of college.
Old January 29, 2003, 22:40   #42
tandeetaylor
Chieftain

Local Time: 07:20
That must have been a fun English class...
Old January 29, 2003, 22:50   #43
Thrawn05
King

QUOTE:

Aftering going to her office and seeing her degrees, I can safely say my old college has been infiltraded by Berkley Liberals.

I wouldn't even call it an english class. I think touched this subject a few times in the past year I've been here at poly. I had a quit a few "english" teachers that were more PC brainwashers.

Can't say White, you must say "Western European", and so on with other races. Why? Because White, Black, Asian, etc. are "labels". Of course I chewed them out with that. Asking that "If White is a label? Then isn't 'Western European' just another label for the same damn thing?"

That shut her up, cost me two letter grades but at least I felt better about myself. Most of the other students in the class agreed with me.
Old January 29, 2003, 23:26   #44
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

I've always thought that being too PC is like reverse-racism, you know what I'm saying? It's like feeling sorry or bad for other people so you call them different, yet by doing so you are admiting that they are different.

So I'm a lazy mofo.... wait, call me "activity challanged"

Anyway, here's my quote (although I must admit I AM YOUR FATHER is my fave):

Tyler Durden: Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy **** we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

Most romantic quote:

Princess Leia: I love you.
Han Solo: I know.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old January 29, 2003, 23:33   #45
Nivek
Settler

Local Time: 15:20
The end of "Some Like It Hot" has to be a classic:-

Tony Curtiss (taking off wig) "But I'm a man"

Joe E. Brown "Well nobody's perfect."
Old January 29, 2003, 23:42   #46
mactbone
Prince

Christmas Vacation
"Then why is the floor all wet, Todd."
"I don't know, Margo"

"That there, Clark, that's an RV"
-Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"
Old January 29, 2003, 23:46   #47
Felch
Civilization III Democracy Game
Emperor

So, you're obviously the big ****, and the men at the side of you are your balls. There are two types of balls; there are big brave balls, and there are little mincy faggot balls... Now dicks have drive, and clarity of vision, they're not clever, they smell *****, and they want a piece of the action. And you thought you smelled some good old *****. And you brought your two little mincy faggot balls along for a good old time. But you've got your parties muddled up. There's no ***** here, just a [dose?] that'll make you wish you were born a woman. Like a ***** you're having second thoughts, you're shrinking, and your two little balls are shrinking with you. The fact that you've got 'REPLICA' written down the side of your gun, and the fact that I've got 'DESERT EAGLE .50' written on the side of mine, should precipitate your balls into shrinking.

~Snatch
Old January 29, 2003, 23:57   #48
monolith94
Mac
Emperor

"I'll be takin' these Huggies, and whatever cash you got."
Raising Arizona - Excellent choice.
"Well ok then"
Albert Speer
Old January 30, 2003, 00:12   #49
Drake Tungsten
Deity

From Halfbaked...

"First of all to understand what happened to Killer, you gotta understand who Killer the dog was. Now Killer was born to a three-legged ***** of a mother. He was always ashamed of this, man. And then right after that he's adopted by this man, Tito Liebowitz. He's a small time gun runner and a rotweiler fight promoter. So he puts Killer into training. They see Killer's good. He's damn good. But then he had the fight of his life. They pit him against his brother Nibbles. And Killer said "no man that's my brother, I can't fight Nibbles" but they made him fight anyway, and Killer, he killed Nibbles. Killer said "that's it!" He called off all his fights, and he started doing crack, and he freaked out. Then in a rage, he collapsed, and his heart no longer beat. Wow."

Last edited by Drake Tungsten; January 30, 2003 at 01:25.
Old January 30, 2003, 01:24   #50
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Bull Durham

"Annie Savoy: I believe in the Church of Baseball. I've tried all the major religions, and most of the minor ones. I've worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms, and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I heard that, I gave Jesus a chance. But it just didn't work out between us. The Lord laid too much guilt on me. I prefer metaphysics to theology. You see, there's no guilt in baseball, and it's never boring... which makes it like sex. "

"Skip: Don't take this the wrong way Millie, but if I catch you in here again I'll ban you from the ballpark.
Millie: You can't ban me from the ballpark because my daddy donated the scoreboard.
Skip: What do we need a scoreboard for? We haven't scored any runs all season."

"Joe Reardon: He walked 18.
Larry: New league record!
Joe Reardon: Struck out 18.
Larry: Another new league record! In addition he hit the sportswriter, the public address announcer, the bull mascot twice...
[Joe laughs]
Larry: Also new league records! But, Joe, this guy's got some serious ****. "

"Annie Savoy: [narrating] Baseball may be a religion full of magic, cosmic truth, and the fundamental ontological riddles of our time, but it's also a job."

"Annie Savoy: Listen, sweetheart, you shouldn't listen to what a woman says when she's in the throes of passion. They say the darndest things.
Ebby Calvin LaLoosh: Yeah, you said "Crash"!
Annie Savoy: Honey, would you rather I were making love to him using your name, or making love to you using his name? "

"Annie Savoy: [narrating] Walt Whitman once said, "I see great things in baseball. It's our game, the American game. It will repair our losses and be a blessing to us." You could look it up. "
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old January 30, 2003, 02:06   #51
aaglo
King

Local Time: 18:20
"We meet again atlast. Join me to the dark side and togehter we shall rule the galaxy" - guess what movie...

"Damn, damn, damn, damn, DAMN!" - prof. Higgins (Rex Harrison) in My Fair Lady

FATHER/DOCTOR:"Now I want some peace and quiet"
BOB/PATIENT:"I'll be quiet"
SON OF DOCTOR:"...and I'll be peace!"
- Richard Dreyfuss, Bill Murray and (who?) in What about Bob?
Old January 30, 2003, 02:24   #52
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

platoon:
Sgt. Barnes: Ya smoke this sh1t so to escape from reality? Me, I don't need this sh1t. I am reality. There's the way it ought to be, and there's the way it is.

Rhah: And if there's a heaven and God I hope there is, I know he's sitting up there, drunk as a f*cking monkey and smoking sh1t. Because he left his pains down here.

King: Hey, Taylor, how in the f*ck you get here anyway? You look educated.
Chris Taylor: I volunteered for it.
King: You did what?
Chris Taylor: I volunteered. I dropped out of college, told 'em I wanted the infantry, combat, Vietnam.
Crawford: You volunteered for this sh1t, man?
Chris Taylor: Believe that?
King: You's a crazy f*cker, giving up college?
Chris Taylor: Didn't make much sense, I wasn't learning anything. I figured why should just the poor kids go off to war and the rich kids always get away with it.
King: Oh, I see, what we got here is a crusader.
Crawford: Sounds like it.
King: Sh111t, you gotta be rich in the first place to think like that. Ever'body know, the poor are always being f*cked over by the rich. Always have, always will.

Independence day
President Thomas Whitmore: I don't understand, where does all this come from? How do you get funding for something like this?
Julius Levinson: You don't actually think they spend $20,000.00 on a hammer, $30,000.00 on a toilet seat do you?

Captain Steven Hiller: I ain't heard no fat lady!
David Levinson: Forget the fat lady. You're Obsessed with fat lady. Just get us out of here!

Captain Steven Hiller: Y'know, this was supposed to be my weekend off, but noooo. You got me out here draggin' your heavy ass through the burnin' desert with your dreadlocks stickin' out the back of my parachute. You gotta come down here with an attitude, actin' all big and bad... and what the hell is that smell? I could've been at a barbecue! But I ain't mad.

Signs
Father Graham: People break down into two groups when the experience something lucky. Group number one sees it as more than luck, more than coincidence. They see it as a sign, evidence, that there is someone up there, watching over them. Group number two sees it as just pure luck. Just happy chance. And surely, the people in Group number two are looking at those fourteen lights in very suspicious way. For them, the situation is fifty-fifty. Could be bad, Could be good. But deep down, they feel that whatever happens, they're on their own. And that fills them with fear. Yeah, there are those people. But there's a whole lot of people in the Group number one. When they see those fourteen lights, they're looking at a miracle. And deep down, they feel that whatever's going to happen, there will be someone their to help them. And that fills them with hope. So what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you: are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?

Merrill: Morgan, this crop stuff is just about a bunch of nerds who never had a girlfriend their lives. They're like thirty now. They make up secret codes and analyze Greek mythology and make secret societies where other guys who never had girlfriends can join in. They do stupid crap like this to feel special. It's a scam. Nerds were doin' it twenty five years ago and new nerds are doing it again.
Father Graham: Its just static, Morgan. Frequency.
[Weird noises come from the baby monitor.]
Morgan: It's a code.
Bo: Why couldn't they get girlfriends?
Old January 30, 2003, 02:25   #53
Kramerman
Prince

Marty: "wait, Doc... you telling me this sucker is nuclear?"

------------------------------------------------------------------

Doc: "1.21 gigawats!!!! *clasps head in disbelief* 1.21 gigawatts!!!!"

Marty: "what the Hell is a gigawatt!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------

[somethn to htis effect] Marty:" alright, time circuits on, coordinates set, engine running, flux capacitor... err... fluxing..."
======================================
All from one of the greatest trilogies ever
Old January 30, 2003, 03:39   #54
tinyp3nis
Prince

From Rat Race:

- Miss! Miss, can I have another one of these please.
(waiter turns around and faces him)
- Oh sorry! I thought you were a woman!
- I am a woman.

Old January 30, 2003, 04:00   #55
monkspider
Civilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
King

I'm not even supposed to be here today!
Old January 30, 2003, 04:28   #56
aaglo
King

Quote:
I'm not even supposed to be here today!
Groundhog day?
Old January 30, 2003, 04:30   #57
Drake Tungsten
Deity

Quote:
Groundhog day?
Clerks...
Old January 30, 2003, 07:32   #58
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

"You're gonna need a bigger boat." - Jaws

"He chose poorly." - Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

"All right, you can fit a whole six-pack of beh... soda in here!" - Tommy Boy

"He who fights and runs away can run away another day." - Maverick

"Mother always said you were greedy, Mortimer."
"She meant it as a complement." - Trading Places

"What the F*CK?!" - Die Hard With a Vengeance (you have to have seen it in context to understand)

"Rommel... you magnificent bastard, I read your book!" - Patton

"Like I said... a helluva way to fly into a war..." - Tora Tora Tora

"Some people out there... actually care what color the kitchen is." - The Untouchables

Last edited by Darius871; January 31, 2003 at 01:07.
Old January 30, 2003, 08:11   #59
Richelieu
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Quote:
What we have here... is a failure to communicate.
from Cold Hand Luke.
Old January 30, 2003, 17:35   #60
Guynemer
C4WDG The GooniesCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-League
Emperor

Inigo: Who are you?

Wesley: No one of consequence.

Inigo: Please, I must know.

Wesley: Get used to disappointment.

Inigo: Okay.