View Poll Results: Should we do Zakharov's condition for a Pact--trade Advanced Subatomic Theory to him?
Trade Advanced Subatomic Theory to the University now in exchange for a Pact 2 20.00%
Trade Avanced Subatomic Theory in echanhge for a PAct, but after Yang no longer threatens to take it by probe 4 40.00%
Do not make the trade 4 40.00%
Write-In 0 0%
Abstain / Xenobanana 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 29, 2003, 15:35   #1
AdamTG02
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Delian LeagueC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Prince

Local Time: 11:21
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Official: Foreign Affairs: Trade Advanced Subatomic Theory to the University?
Previous discussion of this proposal has gone on in this thread. Provost Zakharov will Pact with us in exchange of Advanced Subatomic Theory. Should we give it to him, or does this risk its being obtained by the Hive?

The options are to make the trade now, to trade when Yang no longer threatens to probe it (i.e. the University has been relocated somewhere else), or to not make the trade at all. You have three days.

Last edited by AdamTG02; January 29, 2003 at 15:41.
Old January 29, 2003, 18:17   #2
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 12:21
normally i'd say don't trade it because at this point he's a useless ally, but since we want to keep him alive, if we can garrison his bases it sure would help
Old January 29, 2003, 19:14   #3
Cedayon
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 10:21
I think the Uni is far past the point where the tech would make any real difference against the Hive. If Yang were to steal it from them, on the other hand...

I'm gonna have to vote against it, though I think we should give Zakh a base.

edit: I actually didn't vote when I made the post, then later looked at the options and selected "When Yang can no longer steal it by probe". I expect that determination to be made conservatively

Last edited by Cedayon; January 29, 2003 at 22:46.
Old January 29, 2003, 19:31   #4
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 12:21
which we can defend for him if we're pacted.
Old January 29, 2003, 22:43   #5
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 16:21
I would fear to lose the tech to Yang. So no.
Old January 30, 2003, 03:39   #6
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 02:21
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Give it to him once the threat of yang's probes is gone (i.e., when he's relocated to a base under our protection). It's a pity the HSA doesn't work for Pactmates.