Old March 1, 2003, 09:27   #91
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 16:22
Local Date: November 1, 2010
No Im still here! sorry for not replying earlier but Ive been terribly busy.

Excellent stuff SKILORD Excellent stuff indeed.
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old March 1, 2003, 20:02   #92
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 09:22
Woah! This is a lovely story...it's a shame you'll have to figure out which of these chaps to kill...

As for Celtia...I was looking through my atlases of world history and etc. to finally nail down a title for the lands of the Celts. Now, I finally found it. The Romans knew Celtic lands as Celtiae, very near to Celtia. Good show.
Old March 1, 2003, 23:36   #93
SKILORD
Never Ending StoriesCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 15:22
I'll keep the name Celtiae for future reference. Yhnx.
Old March 1, 2003, 23:38   #94
SKILORD
King

Quote:
it's a shame you'll have to figure out which of these chaps to kill
OOPS, you don't mean chapters.

Yeah, that's gonna be a tough choice, but it'll kepp you wondering until the end.
Old March 2, 2003, 02:40   #95
Space05us
King

Local Time: 03:22
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I was thinking chapters too. I was lost on that one, I went through your posts on 'poly and cfc looking for the one that mentioned you having to kill one of the chapters
Old March 4, 2003, 01:14   #96
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Local Time: 10:22
Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
nobody says chaps lol
Great Story tho Skilord, BTW when are you going to update that map for me?
Old March 4, 2003, 17:35   #97
SKILORD
King

I'll write more soon, but I can no longer do the 2 chapters per chapter. After a few weeks of chasing skirt, i actually caught some....
Old March 5, 2003, 23:14   #98
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
SKILORD finally gettin' some eh? Good for you, nothing loosens the pen like a loose skirt... or something like that, anyway, if you tell them that you're a writer, then they will sleep with you in the hopes that you will write something about them, which is perfect for me
Old March 6, 2003, 00:11   #99
SKILORD
King

I think to use the word 'finally' is probably aprropriate.

This (by this i mean skirt) and the NES (If you look, you see that I am not writing those peices well, they are written while I can barely hold myself up in the chair.

I want to write more here, bear with me.

Last edited by SKILORD; March 6, 2003 at 00:35.
Old March 6, 2003, 00:35   #100
SKILORD
King

You know, after a cup of caffiene, it isn't even funny.

I'm gonna take it out.
Old March 6, 2003, 19:45   #101
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Stop babbling on to your self man and get writing
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old March 7, 2003, 00:41   #102
SKILORD
King

yeah, yeah.
Old March 7, 2003, 17:25   #103
SKILORD
King

I shan't promise mastery, but a new chapter is coming.
Old March 7, 2003, 18:11   #104
SKILORD
King

Chapter 9: The Wars of Men
Men across a foggy feild can hardly etch the outlines of their adversaries, Battle had been offered, received and played out. Nothing had come of it. Brennus had come to the front, he was tired of the impotent battle.

A nervous sweat broke across his head, for he was alone, there was no god at his side to advise him. And he had to wonder if he was still gifted, or was he fallen to the levels of those soldiers around him, did death wait upon yonder field?

-

The horseman galloped away, his message delivered, Gahndi crumpled it, tossing it down, wishing he weren't so alone among mortals.

Or should he count himself among them now?

Brennus wished to meet, to fight, a single clash of Commanders to decide the engagement, exactly what Gahndi could best exploit, if he won the enemy army would be removed to it's home, not even the optomist who beleived that could imagine Gahndi pulling back forces after a defeat.

The short sword peeered his reflection back at him as he questioned it, lacking the divine guide who had so long been his sole light, leading him endlessly as he built his Empire.

Where was Shiva?

-

Metal clashed against the floor, Shiva pulling away as the sword overburdened the Celtic God of the Hunt, Samaharamuti was not accustomed to being hunted.

Swinging his sword in circles he pushed forward against the Horned Diety. Every attack was countered, every thrust tossed aside, neither move had much effect.

Mars had fallen from battle and sat watching, dumbfounded once more by the fierceness.

-

Judas Victorisimus, or rather General Judas Victorisimus, stood befoere an army, his former commander his adversary, his motherland his foe.

Dressed in odd Indian Armor he looked at the motley crew of Medeival Warriors who now swore alleigence to him.

The Roman.

"The Time has come."

He could feel it suddenly, the time had come, the gods battle in the heavens, of which he was only partly aware, and even in that sense not fully concious, had reached a pinnacle.

The Roman was marked for greatness.

Judasa would change the face of history, through betrayal.

But who would he betray, in the end? And to whom?

-
Short I know, but better than none. And not as bad as i had feared it might be.
Old March 8, 2003, 23:32   #105
SKILORD
King

feedback?
Old March 9, 2003, 05:24   #106
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Yes its good stuff SKILORD but short like you say, I would like to see the battle decided and to know who the victors shall be.

I hope its not the Indians, but thats just a personal point of view as they're high on my list, along with the Persians, of those who must be wiped from the face of the earth at all costs.
Old March 9, 2003, 08:51   #107
SKILORD
King

Well, I'll finish the Battle of Pompeii, the Battle in India, amd the Fight between the gods next chapter.
Old March 9, 2003, 22:29   #108
Sparkle
Chieftain

Celts must win! :-))
Old March 9, 2003, 22:43   #109
SKILORD
King

lol, wait till you guys see the next chapter, which is half written and yet fully conceived.
Old March 9, 2003, 23:53   #110
SKILORD
King

I would write it tonight, but i'm tired. Sorry, I feel a bit upbeat too, can't really write about war and such right now.
Old March 18, 2003, 22:38   #111
SKILORD
King

Chapter tonight!
Old March 18, 2003, 22:44   #112
Verto
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildNationStatesMac
King

Nice story, a good read!
Old March 19, 2003, 00:55   #113
SKILORD
King

Chapter 9: Final Strike
Gahndi watched the bloodied feild, not trusting the ground. Brennus was sauntering friom the other side, so he needn't fear him sneaking up any longer, he still didn't trust the place.

Some dissatisfactory fate had chosen to make it's home here, he could taste it in the air, the thick smell of foreboding rotting on the breeze.

The grass swayed against the wind, nature had conceived this field, though Gahndi wished not to think of which God may have brought it forth, man had made his own indellible signature upon it, Gahndi had to wonder how nature would repay this theiving on man's part. The grass continued to sway, dancing in rythmn with the cooing wind. A lullabye as Brennus approached, his Iron armor stained with the blood of many campaigns. Gahndi wore no armor, only a harsh robe protected his wrinkled flesh.

"I suppose one of us has to die." Brennus grunted in his rough, gallic fashion.

"Death awaits one of us," Gahndi nodded," May the god's perserve the better man."

Brennus nodded sharply," May they."

The broadsword lifted painfully from the ground, the might of Brennus's arms was starined against it, War was not pleasure, death no sanctuary for this warrior.

Gahndi's short, thin blade moved quickly and without effort The battle was won, he had but to take the crown.

-

Roman's standing shoulder to shoulder marched mechanically into the fray.

It was an impressive sight, defying description in it's millitary discipline, those aspects of accord which it sought it had attained, The Indian troops standing near Judas were prepared though.

Judas' hand dropped, a flurry of arrows stung the side of the machine, the Legion continued it's tread, Judas had never expected any different.

Catapaults began their own assault, firing bravely from their protection to his own force's right flank it struck boldly into the center of the army, not that the ROmans even flinched as the marching cogs wheeled madly out of control within the machine, they would continue their spin as planned, they would not deviate even if struck by a projectile.

From the trenches suddenly Judas stood, not so tall as the men he commanded, he ifted his own sword, the battered Iron of a gladius glittering in the benevolent rays of the Apollo. The Indians stood, charging madly at the Legions, who finally paused.

Sheilds were brought together, swords protruded, a Tortise.

The Indian troops continued the charge, undaunted.

-

The clash of metal invoked a thunderous plea for mercy from the heavens. God stood against god, fighting with feirceness unknown for ages, barely remembered from the time when god and Brother fought.

Cernunnuos's crushing blows swept the air away, Shiva backed before his sword.

"Afraid?"

Shiva smiled,"Only Cautious. Not fearful."

The next blow landed with more force than before.

Shiva's sword shattered a second time.

Mars noticed, this time he charged woth his Gladius to kill Shiva once and for all, Cernunnuos's backhand left his Glafius a ruin. Mars threw back his torso, falling to the ground terrified.

-

Parry, thrust, jab, swing. An intricate ballet played out on the blood soaked feild.

It had soon become apparent that neither deity was deceased, when cuts failed to produce blood, but the Kings were patient. Testing constantly for defeat. Defeat on the cellestial plain would certaintly mean defeat on earth, and the abolition of nation.

Thunder danced gleeful across the sky. Watching as man destroyed itself. Preparing for a victorious Ragnarok. Zeus's begnign thunder long dispelled.

-

Pompeii was ruined, victory won.

The Tortises had began to falter againt the concentrated fire of arrows and the constant barrage of Indian warriors, they had fallen back one by one. Judas stood now victorious in Pompeii.

Upon a cross lay Agustus, watching the turmoil as the army swept into the city, vanquishing all in it's path.

"I was never a righteous man."

The gruss iundian who was trying to righy his cross grumbled gruffly, "Shut up, this will be best if you're silent."

Agustus shook his head.

"I was never righteous, wasn't the best general, or the most moral. But I swear this is wrong. The Gods shall punish it."

Squeals came from a corner as a young Roman woman resisted the conquering tide.

"I swear it. There shall be Hell to pay."

The indian looked up, a sneer upon his lip.

"The Gods have ordained this, they have put it into motion. Hell is asking it's payment now."

Agustus dropped his head, nodding it.

"I was never a righteous man."

-

Rolling on the floor away from the crash of Cernunnuos's blade Shiva realised he was in a great deal of trouble.

"Scared yet?" the deep voice asked again. It must have been the twelfth time. Shiva had stopped answering.

He rolled away again. A pain erupting across his arm.

Mars' Halbeird.

The staff end shot up quickly into Cernunnuos' stomache, receiving an 'ooomph' for it's efforts.

Shiva pulled himself up on his staff. The axe head was levelled with the horned head, he lifted the axe, preparing to swing, to end the war.

-

Across the stone the snake slid, poised to strike as the axe lifted into the air. It's tiny horn shivering with poisonous anticipation.

-

Shiva swung down, hard, all the strength in his arms came through in that swing.

The snake's head fell cleanly off. Cernunnuos looked up, unharmed. Then looked to his snake.

A roar escaped his lips as he ran for Celtia.

"You shall pay, Shiva, you chall pay."

Chothic's remains scarred the floor of the arena for days.

-

It was given up, the respective gods had informed them.

"We'll call it a tie then?"

Gahndi smiled," Better luck next time."

Brennus shot the smile back.

"I shall have it."
Old March 19, 2003, 00:56   #114
SKILORD
King

It wasn't my best work, i need some sleep.
Old March 19, 2003, 17:54   #115
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Is the battle over ?
Old March 19, 2003, 18:41   #116
SKILORD
King

damn, I musta been tired if I didn't make that clear.....

Yeah, they called it a tie, I coulda been, should have been, better in illustrating this, and may very well redo it, but i wanted to finishe the chapter and go to bed.

Sorry I sacrificed quality to an imagined deadline....
Old March 19, 2003, 20:04   #117
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 09:22
Bloody heck...you mean...that's it? Oh well...

Good show, SKILORD. Quite enjoyable. Would have liked to see Celtic green dominating the entire world...but oh well...Good stuff!!
Old March 19, 2003, 23:07   #118
SKILORD
King

It's not over, far from it.

The future wars will be more exciting I hope
Old March 20, 2003, 17:20   #119
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Ill be waiting to see the proof of your last statement
Old March 28, 2003, 08:25   #120
SKILORD
King

I'm working on finding some books with really good battle scenes so I can..... steal.... no wait....... borrow...... uihhhh.... their style.