Perhaps it is so.
Old April 2, 2003, 01:22   #122
SKILORD
Never Ending StoriesCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 15:22
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Chapter 10: For lack of Hope
The Next Chapter, for those of you who have been dying for it. It's a refined model, thankfully. I've composed new Counter Factual and used that as a testing ground for some new literary techniques.
I may post it later, I have yet to produce a satisfactory title for it, but I can tell you that it is very good, the basic 'South wins the Civil War' model with a few interesting twists. I probably wrote it mostly out of hatred for Mr. Turtledove's 'How Few Remain-Great War Series.' Which are, in my eyes, the worst possible take on an Independent Confederacy.

But while you may care deeply about that, That is for another thread, a thread I may well anticipate, but a seperate thread regardless.

This is he story of Crusaders. This is their Legacy.

-

"Vivere militare est" He nodded to his aide.

"Ita," he nodded, "Ita Vera."

"Where will they strike next?" He unfolded a map, pointing to the assorted mountains of Rome.

The aide shrugged. Pointing at an asorted set of peaks to the north.

"That would be a brilliant move, victory there would grant them passage to the seven sacred hills. They would probably crush us with such a blow, but imagine he cost. They have no need to take a sea route, they have a border with us and I am sure their knights can reach us faster on land."

"Not if they were the troops from the Celtic front. They've declared truce and need not stay there. From there sea is the more direct route anyways. They aren't knights either, the Indians favor elephants."

The General sighed. looking at the map he muttered.

"It's over. Isn't it."

His aide nodded solemnly.

-

"We're out of nails, I'm sorry."

"Are you sure? Can you fashion nothing for my horse? We have a message to deliver."

The smithie, a fattening older felow whose white hair flew confusedly in whatever direction length would permit. His utter lack of beard was remarkable, though he unsurprisingly lacked teeth.

"We're out of nails. What is so hard for you to understand?"

"This is urgent!"

"Take it yourself then."

"I won't make it without that horse."

"You shan't rent her without a proper shoe on her. I shant apply some nonsence of a shoe. What could be so important anyway?"

He had been vowed to secrecy. Though his dark eyes parried with the thought of divulging the secret to this doddering old fool he realised that he couldn't. if he was overheard he might as well not go.

He tossed downhis hat angrily, storming off muttering.

"For want of a nail, the shoe was lost."

he scribbled it down on his pad as he dashed off to make a go at delivery on foot.

-

They surrounded him, an evil looking sort, probably not Indians, if the Indians had made it so far his message would not have helped anyway.

He wanted to run, to escape, they were mounted, he would never outrun them.

"For want of a horse, the message was lost," he thought as they ransacked his clothing, looking dumbly at the runes they could not read.

-

Roman generals did not lead from the front. It was a rare occasion that Ceaser did, but Pompey was no Caeser, he perfered things to be done in the classical, coldblooded style.

He surveyed the battlefeild, from his hill, pleased as the Romans stood strong against the Indian invaaders.

He laughed to a nearby legatus.

"Rome may well survive this after all." The smile was wide.

He turned to the battlefeild.

"Why isn't the Right flank advancing?" it was true, the knights stood still, unmoving.

"I....I dispatched a messanger sir. They should have received his message by now."

The Elephants charged the silent flank, catching the knights by surprise and overwhelming them. The Indians held a Roman flank, Pompey would shift his troops, but he already knew it was lost.

"For want of a message, the battle was lost."

-

Upon the ships the battle was perceived silently. Maps were arrayed befoere the ruler and god of India.
"The Sacred hills next. The Romans will be devastated if we burn the birthplace of Mars.

Gahndi, emperor of the Indian empire he had forged with his own two fists looked across the deep blue of ocean to the creen studded mountaintops of rome, the marks of war were apparent from even the vantage of the sea.

The quiet racket of a paddle in the water awoke him from his reverie.

"Sir, the battle is won. We seized th flank and crushed their troops. It wasa slaughter."

"On to the sacred hills then. The very heart of Rome."

"No," Shiva soothly denied them.

"It is not the heart of Rome?"

"The sacred hills. Are Rome."

-

"Empres fall, sir. We are simply the next."

Caeser glared at the advisor.

"Any chance of negotiation?"

The advisor chickled, "They play for keeps."

"So, no negotiation. No hope in heaven."

"That sums it up sir, very nicely."

"No."

:What sir?"

Caeser's eyes were aglow.

"What sir?" He repeated for good measure.

"No hope... but heaven."

"Don't follow."

"Leave then. I must speak with Mars."

Mumbling about superstition the Advisor left.

Cackles of Laughter soon followed him up the hall, it wasn't Caeser's voice, he reqalised. Too deep. Too... Godlike.
Old April 2, 2003, 14:33   #123
SKILORD
King

Look at the mad feedback.....

I could wrap this up quicly if it borse you that much....
Old April 2, 2003, 16:22   #124
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

Local Time: 09:22
Well, I haven't had much time lately at all. But now I have been able to read through the whole thing and all I can say is: wow!

Awesome stuff as always, SKI! I liked this story a lot when you just started it and now it is getting even better. Please keep writing, SKI, I, for one, would be quite saddened if you wrap this up prematurely. Good luck, and may the inspiration be with you.
Spore page
Old April 2, 2003, 17:06   #125
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 16:22
Now now young SKI dont go getting all uppitty on us, I like it and wish you to continue. Truth is Ive only just seen it and replied straight away, you certainly kept us waiting long enough for an installment so a little more patience with us would be desirable.
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old April 2, 2003, 19:36   #126
SKILORD
King

sorry then.

Thanks then.
Old April 3, 2003, 12:58   #127
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Salright.
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old April 4, 2003, 15:46   #128
SKILORD
King

Blessed are the Peacemakers is done and up, I can devote more time here now.
Old April 5, 2003, 16:25   #129
SKILORD
King

Chapter 11: The Godless
The metallic clang stung his ears. It was all he had left to offer. He had plotted long with Caeser to perfectr his surprise. He had apparently failed, he cracked a grin as his body, a body he supposed now, fell to the floor. Mortality was a funny thing.

Shiva's curved blade finished the swing, as the Gladius enchantingly rolled away from the limp hands, a hypnotic noise followed in it's wake.

"Ah, how the mighty have fallen."

The new voice took Shiva by surprise, Mars grunted his last breaths in stammering confusion. Shiva turned his head.

Cernunous grinned back at him.

"Again?" Shiva asked. A perplexed glare reflected back from the craggy horned face.

It became apparent that Cernunnuos had regained his bearings. His eyes lit up and he spoke.

"No. No, of course not. We are both tired. I would rather crush you when I recover."

"You trust me?" Samaharamuti asked, grinning.

Mars grunted for the last time and then lay dead, blood seeping from his lips. This caught the attention of the Indian and Celt for a moment before they turned to each other.

"No, I don't. But I trust my sword."

Shiva nodded.

"What do you want?"

"Nothing really.Just came to watch the show. I suppose we shall meet again?"

"We don't have to."

"But we must. Do you think that the process can be stopped. In the end, there can be only one. You know this as well as I. I don't relish the thought of fighting you, I saw you and Mars. Peace has no hope. Not until one stands, uber aelles, as Tiw would say."

Shiva frowned.

"One day perhaps. But I have the Romans to deal with first"

"Deal as you must. It is right to kill the godless ones. It is the way of the godless to die."

-

Marcus Secundus had once been an advisor to Caeser. No-one before him, though the crowd was massive, would have ever guesssed this. His toga waas unstained, much like a preists.

Marcus was no preist.

"There is no god." His voice boomed before the masses. Who took aghas looks upon their faces. He stood before the Great temple, tat first building Caeser had built in Rome. Marble veins bled slowly away from the wound which took it's daggar of a pulpit upon them.

"Mars is dead, and Mars alone was God. I call you people to see this. We shall stand tall, We need no petty god to govern our affairs!" His fist was raised to the heavens, defiantly.

"Your like have come before. You have always been wrong."

Marcus eyed the stranger in the crowd, a sneer in his visage.

"Mars hsa always struck them dead," He raised his arms away from him, baring his chest to the sky, "If you live, exhalted Mars, then strike me down for the blasphemer I am."

Silence swept across the expectant crowd, a few near the front backed away, fearful.

Nothing happened.

His arms fell.

"Do you see?"

The crowd stared dumbly, a man cried out,

"He lives!"

Marcus frowned.

"Thank you captain obvious."

The man smiled proudly and turned to the crowd, "I'm a captain!" he exclaimed, leaving to spread the good word.

Marcus sighed. He had lost momentum to the fool.

"So join me my freinds. We shall worship none, we shall build swords rather than temples. We shall defend our homeland ourselves, not ask the pity of a dead god."

Cheers rose with fists matching his own. The very heavens shuddered at the volume.

-

"What do you think your doing?"

Marcu looked up from his papers, "So the king makes housecalls now?"

Caeser sighed, uncomfortable, "We make exceptions when our kingdom stands threatened."

"Don't worry." Marcus put his pen back to the parchment and turned his eyes away from Julius.

Caeser shook his head quickly, surprised.

"What do you mean."

MArcus looked up, pity in his eyes for the ignorant.

"Your day is over, naught can be done. Surrender yourself to destiny and enjoy what remains of your life."

Caeser sneered, "My life is eternal," he took up his Gladius, "Much unlike yours."

Marcus lazily pulled a knife up and slid it across the king's arm. Blood came forth excitedly.

Marcus looked up.

"Leave this house. I shall grant you a Kingdom as long as I\it pleases me."

Caeser stammared, backwheeling for the door.

"I still have followers." He turned and ran for his chariot.

To the swinging door he muttered, not bothering to look up from his writings, "So does Mars."

-

"We've met stiff resistance to the East sir."

"Legions? Pikes? What do the Romans hae left?"

"It seems to be peasants. An army of them."

Judas shrugged, "What of it? Simply slaughter them."

"They are building lines, crude soldier work at best, but they fight and die. We die as well, general, and they have many more than we."

"So? Bring the catapaults and use those. It should frighten them off."

"Their determined sire. And besides, our artilarry has fallen behind, it would take weeks for it to catch up on the unpaved dirt and mud. Our supply lines are broken, they would have no direction to go in. We cannot get the catapaults."

"We shall win. They are only peasants."

"They have a rallying cry, can you explain it for me?"

Judas sighed, "I must be off to fight real armies, what is it?"

"Deus Mortuus Est" (NB: My Latin if foggy, I didn't take it this year, methinks the cases and declensions are right, correct me if not)

"God is dead." with this he turned and left, not bothering to remember it.

-

A daggar their banner, swords unsheathed, they marched with ironically religious zeal.

"Deus Mortuus Est!" shouted from very marching tongue. The heavens quaked and the mountains shivered. With every raised sword and torch came another chance at freedom, another loss worth dying for. The numbers swelled, the mob of romans marched on angrilly. A storm on the horizon.

The armed masses had found a strength they had never known before.

God save the Kings.
Old April 6, 2003, 17:34   #130
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Most excellent chapter(some minor typos) and very good change of direction and pace.
Old April 6, 2003, 18:23   #131
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

Local Time: 09:22
Nice. Sorry, I didn't comment on this earlier - I didn't notice you posted a chapter.

Any ways, I agree with Chris here: it is a very good chapter. Good stuff. Please keep the goods coming.
Spore page
Old April 7, 2003, 18:45   #132
SKILORD
King

Yeah Chrisus, I like the new direction too.

Maybe I'll post a chapter tonight sometime.... I don't really know.

My thoughts are that I'll finish Crusader up before I start on the next story for my CSA anthology.

That will be either Indivisible or King and Country, but if you wanna comment on that go to the Peacemaker's thread.
Old May 8, 2003, 22:40   #133
SKILORD
King

Next Chapter soon, the last week 9of my life has been dominated by study for the AP European Exam which I will finish with tomorrow.

God Save Me.
Old May 9, 2003, 14:03   #134
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Looking forward to it friend.
Old May 11, 2003, 17:33   #135
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Ive just voted for you in the hall of fame thingy me bob saying what an excellent writer you are! so its only fair you should write us some more. please.
Old May 12, 2003, 16:06   #136
SKILORD
King

Sorry man, been braindeadsince the AP Euro Exam. I also underwent a traumatizing experience when 'Blessed be the Peacemakers' got cut from the Literary Mag at my school.

So I had to revise it, make the ending not so sudden and purty the language up.

Which will fix it if the problem is not that it's too 'intillectual' ir too good (I've had arcticles cut for that reason) but I fear it would be cocky of me to maintain that.

Anyways..... I;ve got the next chapter planned out. I'll write it tonight I hink, if not then, tomorrow for sure.
Old May 12, 2003, 16:14   #137
SKILORD
King

Quote:
Ive just voted for you in the hall of fame thingy me bob saying what an excellent writer you are! so its only fair you should write us some more. please.
Where is this Hall of Fame?
Old May 12, 2003, 16:19   #138
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Its the first Ive heard of it, I saw it on the Civ3 general forum and went to the off topic to see what all the fuss was about. If you go to off topic look at the Hall Of Fame Thread by Darkcloud and all will be explained.
Old May 12, 2003, 21:13   #139
Paulypav
Warlord

SKILORD, excellent writing. I love your style and the theme of your story. Hope you did well on the AP Euro exam, although by your writing I would guess that you didn't fare too poorly.
Old May 12, 2003, 23:05   #140
SKILORD
King

Yeah, I gave it a run, my cheif problems involved the spelling of Czechoslavakia... Czekosla...... whatever.

My internet was sabatoged tonight, so I don't have time to write a chapter. Tomorrow I will not only post a neww chapter, but post the revised 'Peacemakers' (The ending is no longer so sudden and it's a bit deeper)

It shall be done, sorry it took so long.
Old May 13, 2003, 18:58   #141
SKILORD
King

Chapter 12: Priorities
Internal dissent would see the shattering of the Ceaser's regime into fragmented factions, many blame him, for failing to re-establish order, as the major catalyst in the coming revolution. Indian forces continued to ravage the countryside as the newfound glory of the masses began to shine and the reactionary forces of the Ceaser, calling themselves the 'Crusaders' fought desperately."

-The People's History of the People's Republic of Rome, Volume 1, Before the first Republic.

-

Burning feilds.

As he stood before them he wondered who had set the fire, noone would ever know, he guessed, though there would be attempts to blame ones enemies. Personally he suspected the Republican Revolutionaries, they were the only ones lacking the scruples which bound both the Conservative 'Crusaders' who refused to beleive that their way of life had fallen, and his own Indian forces, who were far to respectful of Roman civilians, from what he had seen, though it was possible that their respect towards his former countrimen was staged for him.

God it hurt to go home. He shot his eyes towards the heavens, wondering if any God indeed heard him, whether Shiva had adopted him or if he still stood under the juridstiction of a now dead Mars.

An aide tapped him on the shoulder, having approached from behind.

"Sir, the Romans come again."

Judas wondered if the man even remembered anymore. Had his Roman features faded in the presence of the Indians so much that he could no longer be recognised?

"Bring out the troops."

The aide looked down, "Sir, they are unarmed."

Judas glanced at the nervous young man, testing him for the courage to stand by that farce.

"They will be easier to kill."

"Women, sir, and childeren.?"

Judas stood at once, "What do they approach for."

"They come to protest the traitor, or so they chant."

"Where....." Judas looked again at the burning feilds, memories of those feilds, on brighter days when smoke did not choke the sky, returned to him, a tear blessed his cheek," Where are we?"

"You know that sire, Cumae."

Judas dropped to his knees, sobbing, wishing that his father's feilds would somehow stop burning, that somehow... somehow it would all be over, a terrible nightmare, and he would come to his senses back in Pompeii with that idiot general. God, what had he done, what had he done?

-

Grunts responded to the galley-master.

Axes sat quietly near the long benches, oars rowed steadily ahead against the tide. Not a word escaped the Norse lips.

"Odin shall smile upon our axes, he shall stand beside us, men, we shall stand like Gods upon the feild, we shall crush the enemy once and for all."

"We shall eat the feast of champions, we shall take the sword of victors and smite the king of their false nation down."

The reply was perfect, each rower had prepared, memorising those lines in the great academy of warriors, in Trondheim. The men were ready, and the officers were proud.

The captain's usually solemn head appeared, grinning to the gsalley master.

"Land ho."

-

"And so we go. Ships into the mist of the future, ever carried by forces beyond our knowledge to places beyond our control."

"Perhaps you, Ragnar." Odin laughed, "I am master of my own destiny."

"Are you though, you have no fear of things beyond your control?"

"Beyond my control, old freind?" Odin's laughter continued, "I am a God. I am the force mortals refer to as beyond control."

Ragnar grinned feebly back at the diety who had befreinded them when he had been but a cheiftan and Odin but a child-god. They ruled now, hand in hand they had crushed every opposition, their Berserkers defeating the followers of the other sects, uniting the nation under a single rule, their own.

"Are you sure we're in the right? With our attack and all?"

"No," Odin shook his head, as unconfident as the King, "I am unsure. They have fought more than we, they are better at it than we can hope to be, but they are off gaurd, that is our only hope. We must seize their ciies and destroy their means of fighting back."

"Are you sure they are a threat."

"They wish to conqure the world my freind. Peace treaties are meaningless in this world. Always are we at war, with everyone."

"But are you sure them? Surely the Romans are a geater-"

"Yes, the Roman threat of this.... Republic.... it is a great danger to us both. But you see, the Romans fall a little more each day at the hands of the Indians, to fight them is pointless for surely they will fall. We shall destroy both while they are weak, rather than only Rome. And by the way," Odin pulled forth his knife, "Never again are you to refer to me as Shirley."

-

Musketballs came across the feild, the smoldering ashes were crushed beneath the boots of the musketmen.

Their black and red banner surrendered their purpous, but it didn't take that to determine that they were Republican warriors, the Revolutionaries were the first to effectively use the musket, and even still they held a monopoly in it's use, though most nations held the technology.

Judas stood before his army, the crack troops of the Indian forces. Lances and sheilds held ready as the Cavalry, mounted upon their signature elephants, prepaared the charge.

"Right Flank reports engagement sir."

Judas nodded, as he had expected. Gone were the mob tactics of the revolutionaries, experience had brought with it a respect for the higher calling of strategy and order. It was mostly due to this revelation that the Roman EMpire, though Empire no longer, was now dominated by the Republic.

"Order a charge from the left."

"Scouts report the taking of positions to that side, it's what they expect."

"Then have our flank attempt to flank them and order the Elephants to mak a go at the offesive they mounted to the right."

"It would expose our center to them sir."

"They're huddled down, it's a gamble I'm wil ing to take."

Torches lit the night sky. As to the heavens he cast his hopes, let me die here, Shiva, let me one final peace. A burial in my families tomb, a proper respect for a defender of Rome.

The people of Cumae were resoundingly monarchial, after long conversations with his parents he had convinced them to forget the kingdom lost to them and take up the banner of India. Rome was dead to them, buried in the muskets of the revolutionaries. It salved his soul to know that he would not be accounted a traitor by them, bt rarther a defender of the old regime, a monarchist to the end.

He could not forgive himself though. His family may see all his guilt absolved, but it was in no sense that way. Were he truely as they thought he would be a Crusader, like his brother, but he was not, h was a traitor to Ceaer, his king.

"Lord, let me die. Make me face no more days."

"Left flank reports a smal victory to their flank, they seem to be retreating."

A pause.

"Retreating... where?"

It was with that phrase that musketballs tore the night, tearing shreds into the center, into the midsts of command.

"Return fire, bring the reserves to the center immediately toss it all in their face."

Judas took up his sword, his gladius, rcently curved in the Indian style, a style which was used in Rome by theives and highwaymen.

Bursting forth from the tent Judas forced the men around him to form a flank, striking at the revolutionaries, whose bullets had been expended, leaving them with swordplay, an art far more suited for the Indians.

A Roman,weilding a musket as a crude bludgeon, charged Judas, who sidestepped and slit his stomach.

"I shall go to Hell if I must, but I shall provide an honor gaurd." he muttered, slicing into every struggle for every scrap of land. Devastating the Roman front, when not through his own efforts, through the inspiration his distaste for life provided the men with.

The Romans fell back slowly, dying on every inch, but fighting for the right to die on that inch, and no furthur back.

"Right flank reports their victory sir, the Romans retratd backwards this time," a lopsided grin was the mark on the aides face. Bloodsoaked Judas looked to the younger \man.

"Aye, so be it."

Crawling back to his tent he collapsed to a dissapointed slumber.

-

Boats were unloading silently at the dock, Axes, men, stood ready before the ships, delicate prayers lifted the spirits to anticipation.

"Let us go."

They stole away through the streets, towards the Barracks where a sleeping army awaited them. "Blow the door." the door was rammed and laid low.

Pikes greeted them, though the men wore no armor. Axes began to swing feircely into the group.

Suddenly shreiks greeted them from the other side, the other Berserkers had managed through the wooden walls and were attacking from the rear, the baatle was lost to the Indians.

"Surrender!" was the shout on every Norse lip.

There was no reply, but the stabs and cries of battle of the Pikemen.

"India has no stomache for war," a Berserker grinned to the General, after the battle was over.

"No," but he was not so sure, not a single pikeman had surrendered and if that was any indication he loathed the thought of meeting the people in the morn.

"We should pray."

"For what? Victory is secured!"

"For those destroyed by demons of their own design." A dreamy look in his eye, the general saw the nightmare spread before him.

Suddenly he wondered if it was such a good idea, there was an almost audible hum in the air, the hum of a giant turning it's attention on a gnat.

Lord help us, the General prayed.
Old May 13, 2003, 19:00   #142
SKILORD
King

I'msorry It isn;t very good, but it's all I feel up to right now.
Old May 13, 2003, 20:13   #143
Paulypav
Warlord

I actually thought the story was pretty good. The typos were a little annoying, but I'll chalk that up to you not feeling that great. I like the idea of another civilization trying to take advantage of the situation and prevent their own annihilation.

Still love the little jokes, too, even if they are corny.
Old May 13, 2003, 20:28   #144
SKILORD
King

I know they are, but I found that I had typed Surely and couldn't quite resist. Odin shall become King of such humor.

It started out pretty good, but I feel I got off track and the last bit could have been done better.
Old May 13, 2003, 20:30   #145
SKILORD
King

A preveiw: The Crusaders are designed for some cbraud style fun.

Read the Updated version of Peacemakers!
Old May 14, 2003, 14:21   #146
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

At Last!! hey I think its okay, like Paulypav said its great to see another gang enter the fray and try to take advantage of the Indians current situation.

For heavens sake SKILORD please keep writing this story its great, and perhaps a little more frequently.
Old May 14, 2003, 19:43   #147
SKILORD
King

I'll work on it.

Yeah, the frequency will increase, i promise, though i think i broke my hand today, if it is broken (as others claim) it's not a major bit cause I can still use all but my thumb effectivectivly though my strength throughout is hurt) I can't write right now, sorry. I had plannned to write another biot right now, but it appears my plans have been altered.
Old May 14, 2003, 21:25   #148
Paulypav
Warlord

SKILORD, hope that the hand is better than your friends think it is. In the mean time keep thinking up stories so you can pour them out when you feel better.
Old May 15, 2003, 02:06   #149
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Best go to get it checked at an A&E SKI so you can be sure. Blast!! I knew I should have got your hands insured, oh well hope it gets better soon.
Old May 16, 2003, 15:53   #150
SKILORD
King

Alright, here's what it ended up with, my hand is not 'broken' in the sense that all of my bones survived the injury which can only be termed 'embarrassing'.

On the other hand (hehe) all the ligaments between the the thumb and forefinger are torn, this is in many ways worse than a break, and it certaintly hurts, but apparently I can still type with my remaining hand and the two fingers on the other which are still effective.

But I'm gonna see the 'Matrix' film tonight, so no chapter, unless (I doubt) it inspires me to write when I get home. Because it's so awesome, but most critics say it isn't.....