Old January 29, 2003, 21:42   #1
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 15:22
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Directory Search
Just wondering, Mark... I did a search in the Apolyton Directory for a file- and searched all sections, since I wasn't sure where it might be located...

and I noticed that it would really help if the search results would tell the user where the file came from... Civ II/III/CTP etc.

In this search:

xxxxxxxx

I received links to all sorts of files... and was confused trying to find out which one was the correct one for Civ II!

...Some were unclear on which game they worked for...

Could you please fix this?
Thanks!

-DC

Last edited by DarkCloud; February 2, 2003 at 15:44.
Old January 30, 2003, 03:57   #2
MarkG
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

Local Time: 17:22
Quote:
and I noticed that it would really help if the search results would tell the user where the file came from... Civ II/III/CTP etc.
yeah i know. as much as it's hard to imagine it, the way the software of the directory is structured, doing what you ask is a bit difficult
Old January 30, 2003, 23:45   #3
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

...That's scary... But I understand... I won't complain any more... But could you make it a 30K users feature !
Old February 2, 2003, 13:53   #4
Mercator
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 17:22
While we're at the subject of the directory, I suggest you take a look at the security! With the link DarkCloud gave I was logged in as DarkCloud in the directory, and could access his profile etc.
Old February 2, 2003, 15:43   #5
DarkCloud
staff

AAAAAHHHH! I'll edit that out and PM mark.