Old February 3, 2003, 19:56   #181
Luk
PtWDG Roleplay
Prince

Local Time: 16:25
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Even in Middle ages, which are called the dark ages only from White perspective, we had better civilization, and better culture then Arab, and Chinese. Of course Arab were undestroyed, they have no wars etc. Chinese too, but, this civilization was not vital. They stuck as always in their 4 walls and did nothing to expanse. It is the fact that in early ages of Middle ages Arabs had a chance to conquer Europe... But they didn't. Europeans would never do this, we would conquer it Im sure. We conquer because we are created to conquer. But Im sure, that even Arabs could not after military conquest assimilate Europeans, because even then their unindividualism, anachronism etc. would be not to accept by Whitemen. It would not last long.

But as I said Arabs did not conquer us. It is an example what are the difference between us, and rest of world. And as I said... Only in Europe there was always a modernization, a neverending disscusion, many new forms of organization, goverments etc. All other civs are stick with one system of live, stick with the same values etc.

We ripped from Chinese, and Arab civ few technologies that is all. The technologies which were not fully understanded by Chinese, and Arabs. In fact we truly developed this technologies, Chinese, and Arabs only discovered it Bur the ideological ferment, the art, the beauty, the political ideologies, forms of goverment etc. etc. this abstracts, many kind of religions, belifs etc. this is the example of our greatness. And it is neverending, and this always be a symbol of our civilization. For over 2000 years.
Old February 3, 2003, 20:02   #182
ranskaldan
Prince

Local Time: 10:25
Quote:
Bur the ideological ferment, the art, the beauty, the political ideologies, forms of goverment etc. etc. this abstracts, many kind of religions, belifs etc. this is the example of our greatness. And it is neverending, and this always be a symbol of our civilization. For over 2000 years.

I've seen language like that before... it was in the official imperial report on the British invasion of China in 1840. About how the Brits were "barbaric seafarers with no understanding of our civilization."

China's main seaports fell a few months later.

Anyway, have fun with your racial-pride-and-everyone-else-sucks attitude. It's something only decaying civilizations have.
Old February 3, 2003, 20:05   #183
Luk
PtWDG Roleplay
Prince

First... I think that China is nothing like 1.3 billions of peasants, and city-citizens affected by European Civilization. I do not recognize China as a great civ in their history. They had their times of greatness, but it was a greatness for themsselves, not for the world. Persia, and China are too weak civs to speak about it. The real game in the future will be the rivalisation of EU-and USA. Of course China will be artificial danger of both Europe was ignored because China did not know what is Europe. When they start to know they were conquered, then they had a small period of independence, maosim, etc. and now they are coming to the normal status, of European colony. The part of geopolitical struture of todays white world.
Old February 3, 2003, 20:09   #184
Luk
PtWDG Roleplay
Prince

ranskaldan - this last your post - did not you realize how pathetic it was poor, little Chinese

Your alphabet is the symbol that Chinese civilization will never expand. (I wanted to write something else, but it was too offended, and I realized, that you are in too big complex already, and I did not want to worse the situation)
Old February 3, 2003, 20:10   #185
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Posts like the above start making you wonder what they teach in schools these days
Old February 3, 2003, 20:12   #186
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Quote:
Even in Middle ages, which are called the dark ages only from White perspective, we had better civilization, and better culture then Arab, and Chinese.
Luz

No. Chinese had astronomers who could predict eclipses. Europe had nothing of this sort of scientific discourse. Same with the Islamic countries, particularly Cordoba in Spain.

In fact in 1642, Europe was very lucky not to fall to the Moslems who invaded Vienna.

We were also very lucky when the Mongol Khan died before crushing Budapest. This forced the leader of the Mongol forces to retreat to claim his right to the Mongol throne. I seriously doubt Europe could have defeated such a force, look at how long Russia was a Mongol vassal?

Why did the West rise is a good question. One answer is to point to the black death where the three main cultures, the West, the Moslems and the Chinese were hit hard. All three were about equivalent in terms of population but only the West continued to progress.

One explanation to explain the West's rise is that the entire societal structure overturned due to a shortage of cheap labour. It becomes very hard to enforce a feudal system without the necessary peasents on the bottom holding the entire structure out. You knock out the props, you force wholescale changes, particularly the consolidation of the state.

China became very insular after the bubonic plague, assuming the 'barbarians'of the west spread the plague. This allowed a much larger navy to decay, wood ships and all, as China closed upon itself.

As for the Moslems, why they did not fare well is a more difficult question. Maybe some thoughts from the others?
Old February 3, 2003, 20:14   #187
ranskaldan
Prince

Quote:
Posts like the above start making you wonder what they teach in schools these days
Oh well....
Old February 3, 2003, 20:17   #188
ranskaldan
Prince

Obiwan:

well.... I appreciate your effort in talking sense, but I think there's a skull in the area that is impossible to penetrate.

Perhaps Luk is paranoid that his country is coming under the "control" of Frankfurt. After all, if his conspiracies are correct and the world is indeed a very large European colony, then Poland is practically a German province.

On the other hand, I'm intrigued by your point about the black death, esp. how it helped advance Europe ahead of the others. I've never thought of plagues as a factor... Can you elaborate on that?
Old February 3, 2003, 20:25   #189
Luk
PtWDG Roleplay
Prince

Read posts above - those science is nothing without organization, culture, ideas, etc. This science was discovered first by Chinese, but really developed by Europeans.

First - not in 1642, but in 1683, and Polish king Sobieski defeated then Turks But even Turks would win in Vienna it would change nothing, because Turkey then was the sick people of Europe, and they would stop there, and back, because they had a silent agreement with France which wanted to destroy Austria. If Turkey would attack in Europe heart it would be easly beaten.

Batu-Khan, not Mongol-Khan, and Mongols did not have a chance to conquer Europe. In that times, Hungary still was not a real European country, it was still the half-barbaric, without Latin culture penetration. Mongols had no ambition to conquer Europe. Even they did not think about it

And Russia is an accident. It is one of the greatest misunderstadning in history. I do not belive until toady how this puny nation become so important. How, we Poles let to do it. It is pathetic... I admit.
Old February 3, 2003, 20:32   #190
Sandman
King

Quote:
We were also very lucky when the Mongol Khan died before crushing Budapest. This forced the leader of the Mongol forces to retreat to claim his right to the Mongol throne. I seriously doubt Europe could have defeated such a force, look at how long Russia was a Mongol vassal?
I've heard it said that the forests and large numbers of castles in Europe may have been a hinderance to a Mongol invasion. This could be wishful thinking, however.
Old February 3, 2003, 20:32   #191
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Luk... take your white supremest propaganda somewhere else. Your bigoted attitudes and posts are not welcome on this site. I'm sure you would be welcome at some other sites... but not here.

If you continue this bigoted crap... you will be restricted.
Old February 3, 2003, 20:46   #192
DuncanK
Warlord

Local Time: 07:25
I was wrong. This thread will never make it to 500
Old February 3, 2003, 21:16   #193
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

http://www.iyp.org/polish/history/vienna.html

Regarding battle

I was wrong, date was Sept. 12, 1683.

However: some excerpts.

In the winter of 1682-3, Poland and Austria came to an agreement providing for joint action against a Turkish invasion and promising relief in case of a direct attack on Vienna or Cracow. The threat of Turkish attack could not have been more real. A Turkish army of over 140,000 men started marching north in March of 1683, and arrived before the walls of Vienna on July 14, 1683.

Sobieski, who already had a considerable reputation against the Turks, assumed command. His plan was to force battle on the plain west of the city and annihilate the Turkish army, thus breaking the siege. The Turkish commander Kara Mustapha continued to focus much of his effort at capturing the city, therefore at the start of the battle only part of his army was prepared to meet the relief force.

At five p.m. Sobieski ordered the charge. One German-Austrian and three Polish cavalry groups, 20,000 men charged down hill, echelon after echelon, lead by King Jan Sobieski, straight for the center of the Turkish camp. As the cavalry burst into the Turkish lines, the garrison in the city attacked the Turkish rear.
Old February 3, 2003, 21:30   #194
Ben Kenobi
Emperor

http://historymedren.about.com/libra...olinvasion.htm

This time the Mongol Invasion of Europe.

Much better case than the Turkish invasion as to how lucky we were.

again, some excerpts

Date is 1241.

On the very day that Henry and so many of his men had fallen, King Béla IV left Pest with an army of some 60,000-70,000 fighting men to confront the larger Mongol force. The Hungarians advanced on the Mongols, who retreated slowly until they reached the plain of Mohi, near the Sajó River. The Mongols then pulled back, past woods beyond the opposite bank, and disappeared. Béla camped on the plain of Mohi and drew his wagons around into a laager for protection.

With the aid of catapults, the Mongols occupied the only bridge over the Sajó. On April 10, however, the Hungarians charged the bridge, and the lightly armored Mongols, having little room to maneuver, took a beating. Again improvising a fortified camp on the west side of the river by lashing wagons together, Béla pushed on and established a strong bridgehead on the east side as well.

Even while the Mongols were being driven from the bridge, however, Subotai had found a fording point to the south. Just before dawn on April 11, he led 30,000 of his horsemen across. Batu then swept to the Hungarians' left flank, causing them to turn, while Subotai's men hurried northward to strike at the Hungarian rear. By 7 a.m., the Europeans, completely outmaneuvered, were falling back and took refuge in their camp. For the next several hours, the Mongols assailed Béla's camp once more with catapults, throwing stones, burning tar, naphtha and even Chinese firecrackers, whose noise and fiery flashes, hitherto unknown to the Europeans, took their toll on morale.

Then another strange thing occurred. The Hungarians discovered that the Mongol army that now surrounded the camp had left a conspicuous gap to the west. Cautiously, a few of the Hungarians tried to escape through the gap and passed through without difficulty. Others followed and soon the flight became uncontrollable. As the Hungarians retreated, however, they became strung out--at which point the Mongols reappeared in force, riding along their flanks and showering them with arrows. The Hungarian retreat degenerated into a panicky, disorderly rout--just as Subotai had calculated it would when he deliberately left them that tantalizing but deceptive escape route. Now, moving in for the kill, the Mongols rode the Hungarians down and killed them with lance and saber. Depending on the source, anywhere from 40,000 to 65

The truth was that Kaidu and Baidar had no intention of venturing deeper into Europe--that had never been their objective. They had, in fact, carried out their assigned task brilliantly. With just two toumans totaling 20,000 horsemen, they had destroyed Boleslav's and Henry's armies and forced Wenceslas to withdraw his Bohemian host, thereby completely eliminating the northern threat to Batu and Subotai's army. Mission accomplished, they turned south to join the main force in Hungary, laying the Moravian countryside to waste in the process.

As it developed, the Mongols did not remain long in Hungary, either. On December 11, 1241, Ogadei died in Asia. Upon learning of the great khan's death, Subotai reminded the three princes in his army of the law of succession as laid down by Genghis Khan: "After the death of the ruler all offspring of the house of Genghis Khan, wherever they might be, must return to Mongolia to take part in the election of the new khakan." Recalling all their forces, the Mongols started back to their Mongolian capital of Karakorum, postponing their invasion of central Europe for another time--a time that would never come.

Terrible as the debacle at Liegnitz was, it had ultimately been pointless--a Mongol effort to support a conquest that was suddenly abandoned, leaving nothing but a wide swath of destruction and death as the Mongol legacy in eastern and central Europe.
Old February 3, 2003, 21:33   #195
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 09:25
Luk:

for starters you made no comment on my race example of Argentina. How do you explain that that nation is in the doldrums, has been just like every other latin nation when 90% of its population is white?? That makes it more white than the US.

Answer me that, oh supreme master of races...

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old February 3, 2003, 21:41   #196
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

Local Time: 15:25
Get in line, Raguil! He also made no comment to my freckled post! GRRRR....

-=Vel=-
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Old February 3, 2003, 21:55   #197
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Vel:

he's probably freckled too and therefore agrees with you...!

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old February 3, 2003, 21:59   #198
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

-=Vel=-

(kinda scary, actually... )
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Old February 3, 2003, 22:20   #199
ravagon
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 23:25
Quote:
Originally posted by Luk

And Im still so proud that Im white
Well I suppose everybody needs something to be proud of ...

btw Vel - how does one go about getting "freckled"?
Old February 4, 2003, 00:26   #200
Velociryx
staff

Hiya Rav....long time no see! Drop by the CB forums when you get a moment and check out some of the latest art experiments!

As to the freckled thing....well, see....we've just opened these groovy tattoo parlors and.....::transmission ends abruptly::

-=Vel=-
Old February 4, 2003, 00:54   #201
Master Zen
Deity

In HS I had this friend who was really white, well apparently he had alot of freckles in his back, and his mother had them all removed because she thought they might turn into skin cancer... hahahaa you know how some moms are....

Guess he just turned inferior huh?

Old February 4, 2003, 05:22   #202
Luk
PtWDG Roleplay
Prince

Ming finally ended the disscusion, and showed depth of your arguments - the cenzorship. This argument is undefeated. I remember times when this argument was very common in my country. Times not change. But I agree with Ming... Todays open rascizm is against white supremacy, because todays the ruling ideology of White Supremacy is equality. I did try to show you some facts, but you are resisnat on knowledge. But in real life, on the real public the racial supremacy theory is in practic today the danger to racial supremacy.

OK. it is my last word in this thema. You ended this disscusion by moderator will.
Old February 4, 2003, 05:30   #203
aaglo
King

Local Time: 18:25
Quote:
Originally posted by MrFun

Time to come out of your cocoon -- race is very much an issue in today's society, unfortunately.
The colour of skin does not define race.
The ethnicity of a person does not define race.

All humans belong to the same race. The human race. Period.

Time to come out of your country and see the rest of the world...
Old February 4, 2003, 05:44   #204
Ben Kenobi
Emperor

Luk-

You never defined the 'White race' so it makes no sense to talk about an exclusive white superiority.

'Nuff said.
Old February 4, 2003, 05:49   #205
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 08:25
I'm suprised this thread is still open.

This is actually good news. You guys did a good job discussing this without going too far. Either that or the mods haven't felt like reading this thread
Old February 4, 2003, 06:19   #206
patrickjb53
Chieftain

Local Time: 07:25
I would have to say no.
Old February 4, 2003, 06:22   #207
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 08:25
beats me. I admit I haven't read all 11 pages. . I have read some of them.
Old February 4, 2003, 07:16   #208
Ribannah
Queen

Location: The Netherlands, Embassy of the Iroquois Confederacy
Is it just me, or do more people recognize Luk's 'style' from two earlier posters?
Old February 4, 2003, 08:00   #209
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 18:25
Which two posters?

there are relatively very few racists one apolyton. There was WFHermans, a nazi, and... well, that's about it..
Old February 4, 2003, 09:17   #210
Luk
PtWDG Roleplay
Prince

I say only some people sent me the support by emails, and PMs. But they did not want to participate in this disscusion. Why???? Because of your inquisitorial attitude towards racists.