Old February 2, 2003, 19:07   #31
TheMaestro
NationStates
Warlord

Local Time: 10:27
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by pmaura

So what is it do you think it going to be out soon or late, Even though they can rush it I think it costs less if they go slow. C&C Generals seem to be taken there time as well.
I give myself lee-way by saying Late Feb or early April...lol.

Truthfully...the game company doesn't care when they release it, cause using basic math functions, more money is spent in the month of December, than any other month -- cause people are buying so much, that an extra "fifty dollars" is never noticed.

So who knows...it could easily be out next week, or next month -- given history, prolly next month.

If I'm wrong, yay!
TheMaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2, 2003, 20:20   #32
Zero_Washu
Settler

Local Time: 15:27
Does anyone here know the date that the Unreal2 master was delivered for replication?

That might provide us with a reasonable means to estimate the MOO3 shelf arrival.

U2 annouced gold on the 14th of Jan, MOO3 annouced gold on the 27th, but Rantz then said they had been gold for two weeks (meaning code locked, masters done, and the 27th was the day of duplication).

I can see the 5th... by faster retailers provided it shipped last week from the plant...
Zero_Washu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2, 2003, 23:38   #33
patrickjb53
Chieftain

Local Time: 07:27
Quote:
Originally posted by Gooberman32
Well from what Rantz says IG will have it out at feb 5 at latest
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...0&pagenumber=2
I believe he said it could be out as early as Feb 5, but that it was out of his hands. The official ship date is Feb 25, 2003; stores should be distributing it by Feb 26. Although, I too am hoping for an earlier ship date. Feb 5 would be nice but, I would be surprised to see it that early.
patrickjb53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3, 2003, 09:33   #34
Harry Seldon
GalCiv Apolyton EmpireNationStates
King

If they've given themselves until the 25th to get it into stores, I wouldn't expect to see it until the 25th.
Harry Seldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3, 2003, 10:05   #35
Grumbold
Emperor

Local Time: 16:27
25 Feb 2003 and 7 Mar 2003 (UK) are the dates listed on the retailer links. I'm still more interested in finding out what differences there are between the two versions apart from the box art. I can't order until I know.
Old February 3, 2003, 15:23   #36
Craig P.
Warlord

Local Time: 09:27
Quote:
Originally posted by Grumbold
25 Feb 2003 and 7 Mar 2003 (UK) are the dates listed on the retailer links. I'm still more interested in finding out what differences there are between the two versions apart from the box art. I can't order until I know.
There's no difference in game content. Rantz is on record about having to make some blood in the intro green to avoid a bad rating in Germany. Don't recall if that was here or at IGMOO, I think it's here.
Craig P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4, 2003, 07:24   #37
Grumbold
Emperor

Local Time: 16:27
Not game content, box content. I.e things like will the US version have a larger box to house a standard print size version of the manual while the UK version condenses it down to NWN size to squeeze it into a standard DvD case.
Old February 5, 2003, 05:49   #38
Main_Brain
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Free Drones
King

Local Time: 17:27
We leared the hard way why the Company isn't called Quickgold
So easy. I think 25 is close enough :=)=
Old February 5, 2003, 12:24   #39
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 11:27
Still not out.
Sarxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5, 2003, 15:12   #40
jscott991
Chieftain

There's no evidence it will be out before the 25th. This is just another example of why QS and IG do not deserve to be named customer friendly companies of the year.
jscott991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5, 2003, 15:21   #41
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 11:27
IG is not a customer friendly company- I've never had any illusions about that.
Sarxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5, 2003, 20:29   #42
vee4473
King

I'm kinda basing the release on when gamespot posts their review.

Mind you, i'm not talking about what they have to say about the game, just when they post the review.

They seem to have a decent record of posting reviews near when the game is available in stores.
Old February 5, 2003, 21:38   #43
vee4473
King

Gamespot has been silent, perhaps becuase they received the game and are currently playing and forming opinion.

Regardless of what you think of gamespot's reviews, i think that they have done a decent job of pinpointing releases, in part based on when they review games.
Old February 6, 2003, 03:51   #44
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by vee4473
Gamespot has been silent, perhaps becuase they received the game and are currently playing and forming opinion.

Regardless of what you think of gamespot's reviews, i think that they have done a decent job of pinpointing releases, in part based on when they review games.
Given that the other publications now have review copies of the game, this is probably a safe assumption.
Arnelos is offline   Reply With Quote