Old February 18, 2001, 21:00   #1
GAMEOVER
Settler

Local Time: 05:05
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Tryin to get back into alpha
Whats up everyone? I am an old alpha player and i wish to get back into the game. I would like toknow if anyone could suggest patches, mods, etc. that would make the game more enjoyable. Also are there any suggestions or requiremnets for good mulitplayer play. Thnaks for your time.

Old February 19, 2001, 00:19   #2
Misotu
Emperor

Local Time: 06:05
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Download the latest patches from the Firaxis site.

And for multiplayer, I recommend that you sign up for the Apolyton multiplayer game service here . This is the tournament, but don't be put off, the competitive element is not that strong. There are lots of newbies and people playing at all levels, there's no knock-out element and most people are just playing for fun. We have an excellent CMN, Tau Ceti, who sets up great games and does everything necessary to make sure that things run smoothly.

You can choose your preferred faction(s) and we have either random or tourny maps too. You can choose how many games you'd like to play - just one, or many. The tourny is extremely popular, with many games running currently. If you are an expert, there are experts here to challenge you - if a newbie, there are other newbie players to learn with and everything in-between.

Enjoy!

- Mis