Old February 1, 2003, 17:37   #1
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 07:32
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Barracks: Operation Steel Demon
From the desk of the Supreme Military Commander....

The recent capture of Nuremberg has brought forward overwhelming evidence that the Germans were in the first early states of developing a weapon of huge power and mobility, a weapon that a captured German scientist (who has asked that his name remain secret) told us they were planning to mass produce, called "the Panzer".

While we have no hope of creating the Panzer, we have reviewed their design plans and developed one of our own, to be called a "Tank".

This operation was brought to my attention by Sgt. Roadcage, and is currently in the developmental stages, upon further review by myself and others involved.

THE PLAN:

Ferropolis builds and trains several ARMIES, that shall remain in the city (or transferred to a safe place), awaiting to be filled by tanks.
Forbidden City begins building Tanks en masse, constructing enough of these "steel demons" to fill up at the very least 3 Armies.

THE RESULT - A highly devastating, highly mobile force capable of overrunning nearly any opposition, to act for the time being as a primarily defensive grouping of units, but one day aiding us as an offensive tool in the face of war.

I submit these plans to the Senate, and to the Domestic Ministry itself, so that we can give our military a huge generational upgrade, and ensure that we are the most powerful nation on the planet.

Signed
SMC Meshelic
Old February 1, 2003, 17:41   #2
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 12:32
I like the name, Steel Demon.

Old February 1, 2003, 18:46   #3
roadcage
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 09:32
Operation Steel Demon pre-builds

Basis, the 1360 save

Forbidden City

1360 eot completes Hospital as per current queue

1365 adds 3 pop by workers on high food and begins Intelligence Agency

1390 eot completes Intelligence Agency

1395 adds 2 pop by workers and switches previous adds from high food to high shields to produce just over 100 net shields per turn thus producing a Tank each turn

Ferropolis

1360 eot completes Factory as per current queue

1365 Begins Hospital

1370 eot completes Hospital

1375 adds 2 pop by workers on high shields so as to be slightly over 120 shields net thus doing Colleseum in one turn!

1380 adds 2 possibly 3 pop by workers one on high food rest on high shields so as to have slightly over 134 shields net thus doing the Millitary Academy in 3 turns

1395 begins mass Army production 3 turns to the Army.

Other Cities

Forbidden City and Ferropolis are matched until there are 3 armies and we can make 4 unit Armies. We will need one additional 100 shield city or 2 50 shield cities to catch up and make stand alone Tanks on an occasional but not continuous production campaign. City selection left to the DM.

Ssgt roadcage (retired)
Old February 1, 2003, 20:48   #4
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 17:32
hi ,

good

they shall never know what hit them , ......

huh , what about marines in an army , .....?

or the use of mech infantry , ....?

have a nice day

panag > paints "have a nice day" on each gun barrel that shall be used in tanks , .....
Old February 1, 2003, 21:29   #5
roadcage
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Since Marines cost exactly the same as Tanks, we can easily make Marine Armies or Free standing Marines if so desired. I expect that our SMC would prefer his Marines to be free standing, but have not talked to him on this matter. The principal use of Marines is amphibious assault. It is usually preferred to be able to use Marines individually against units weakened by naval and air bombardment. The Marines clear a tile for other units to land on. Marines are usually thought of as expendable, whereas the overhead of an army (400 shields) is certainly not expendable.

Based on the Science departments current research priorities, Marines are atleast 2 techs or 8 turns past tanks.

And we would not want to mix a 2 move unit with a 1 move unit in an army for obvious reasons.

Regarding Mech Infantry, It is a reasonable approach to fill out 3 tank armies with a Mech Infantry once we can make 4 unit Armies. Both are 2 move, and the resultant Army is balanced for Offense and Defense.

But once again, Mech Infantry is far in the future and beyond the current planning horizon.
Old February 1, 2003, 21:43   #6
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 10:32
The only use for marines as I pointed out in the japan thread is to seize a city or town so that we can then land our transports and the unlease the hordes of armor that turn. Of course as you said HEAVY bombardament is a must and this is where battleships and aircraft carriers make their presence known.
Aggie
Old February 1, 2003, 23:28   #7
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 15:32
This is all well and good, but if we decide not to go to war with Japan, then why put anything in an Army until we aboslutly need to. We can have the units lying around waiting to get put in, but what if we put the units in and never use the army? Bam! Lost shields because the army will need to get disbanned in order to upgrade.

Build the armies, but don't fill them until needed.
Old February 2, 2003, 12:27   #8
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

We shouldn't put any units into the Armies until they have generated a GL at that point the GL can be used for a free Army.
Old February 2, 2003, 12:49   #9
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
We shouldn't put any units into the Armies until they have generated a GL at that point the GL can be used for a free Army.
hi ,

good point , and its even better to let elite units join armies , .....

our MC is great for capturing units near beaches , .....

have a nice day
Old February 2, 2003, 17:33   #10
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

I agree with Donegeal. Build armies and build Tanks, but don't combine them till we're sure we'll use 'em.
Old February 2, 2003, 19:31   #11
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Kloreep
I agree with Donegeal. Build armies and build Tanks, but don't combine them till we're sure we'll use 'em.
Forget the puny tanks! I want to put Modern Armor in our armies!
Old February 2, 2003, 19:40   #12
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Well, since there will be nothing left in Forbidden City to build, I guess it's OK, to build tanks there.
I suggest we build all improvements in Ferropolis before beginning building armies. We are not to use armies anytime soon, with the dire need of infrastructure building in whole Apolytonia.
Old February 2, 2003, 19:45   #13
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos

Fully agree I tend to stockpile empty armies (from all my GLs) until I have Modern Armor and Mech Infantry and then once those units generate GLs they go into an Army.

Unfortunately, this leaves me with even more empty armies.
Old February 2, 2003, 19:56   #14
roadcage
Prince

All needed improvements are in place under the plan. Ferropolis is close enough to Macross City that a Police station is unnecessary. Let's say it is producing 145 gross shields. It really doesn't matter if the net shield count is 136 or 138 or whatever, as long as it is equal to or more than 134. The purpose of Ferropolis is to be the Arsenal of Democracy.

What good is one more bank or university when we already have so many developed. Beakers above what is needed to maintain a 4 turn science plan is wasteful. Free cash flow above what we can realistically rush away is unnecessary. Our proposed worker welcome home program will generate beakers and gold fast enough to keep us on plan.

Our infrastructure except for the newly captured and formed cities is robust, and our free cash flow insures that these too will be shining examples of the way of the mason.

Let Ferropolis satisfy it's mission. Let's not build for the sake of building.

Ssgt roadcage (retired)
Old February 3, 2003, 04:01   #15
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos

hi ,

our self-defense forces should start with elite mech infantry , .......

four of those in army , well try to fight that , ....

have a nice day
Old February 3, 2003, 04:03   #16
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb

Fully agree I tend to stockpile empty armies (from all my GLs) until I have Modern Armor and Mech Infantry and then once those units generate GLs they go into an Army.

Unfortunately, this leaves me with even more empty armies.
hi ,

dont worry , in the near future they shall be filled up , ....

but dont fill them all up , we shall need them in the future , ....

have a nice day