Old February 11, 2003, 08:23   #31
pedrojedi
Prince

Local Time: 12:42
Local Date: November 1, 2010
And makes us feel pretty special about them. They become our relics.

Pretty old and big jewelry, Mr. aaglo. But nice Coastal.
Old February 11, 2003, 09:24   #32
TacticalGrace
Prince

Local Time: 15:42
Quote:
Originally posted by TriMiro
About a small wonder, I do not know how to name th ewonder but I would like to have one that will allow my air planes to make bombardments only on units, no buildings no improvements. Presize strike is a good one and have its usefulness, but I would like a presize one on Units.
It could be made like some addon to the UN, lets say after someone builds UN, others could build peacekeeping resolutions and start bombarding other players units: "Trying to take down the evil dictator and free his people."
You do understand that if this is for single player then you are giving the human player a big advantage. The AI seems to never bombard cities and so this would be of no benefit to it.

It also bears no relationship to reality. Precision bombing is a feature of a unit in the game and in real life.
Old February 11, 2003, 11:06   #33
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 16:42
If you want to give culture to old 'non-culture' buildings, here's an idea. Give 1 point to the oldest existing barracks, or maybe ot the two first to be built.
Old February 11, 2003, 13:56   #34
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Local Time: 10:42
In the mod I'm working on, I've increased the values of all the standard 'culture improvements', and greatly increased the culture value of wonders; this gives me 'headspace' to plunk one or two points of culture into other buildings, such as courthouses, barracks, and harbors. To balance this out, I've increased the point requirements of both culture levels (does anyone know what the levels actually do?) and the border expansions.
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
Old February 11, 2003, 14:19   #35
TriMiro
Warlord

Quote:
It also bears no relationship to reality. Precision bombing is a feature of a unit in the game and in real life.
Why future, Amricans claim that all they bombarded is Serbia were military units and facilities. That's what they say they are going to do with Sadam - bomb just the military. No civilized country in the modern world wants to kill inocents. OK make it not absolute, give it a chance to hit ( 75% for instance ), but it will be worthed.

Last edited by TriMiro; February 12, 2003 at 11:32.
Old February 11, 2003, 14:21   #36
TriMiro
Warlord

Sorry wrong quote, there is the one I ment to put.

Quote:
Old February 12, 2003, 06:38   #37
TacticalGrace
Prince

Quote:

Why future, Amricans claim that all they bombarded is Serbia were military units and facilities. That's what they say they are going to do with Sadam - bomb just the military. No civilized country in the modern world wants to kill inocents. OK make it not absolute, give it a chance to hit ( 75% for instance ), but it will be worthed.
Could you perhaps say that again in a way that actually makes from sense? Did you confuse the words "feature" and "future"?

Oh and if you do accidentally post the wrong stuff then it is possible to edit the posting rather than having to post a follow-up.
Old February 12, 2003, 11:45   #38
TriMiro
Warlord

Sorry TacticalGrace I do not have much experience on the forums.

What I wanted to say was that precise weapons are not something from the future but a feature from the reality.

Precise weapons may give advantage to the human players, but that could be fixed with a patch.

I agree that precise weapons do not always work in a precise way, therefore if put in the game, precise bombardment vs. Units should work only percentage of the time ( 75% for instance ).

Last edited by TriMiro; February 12, 2003 at 22:21.
Old February 12, 2003, 13:24   #39
TacticalGrace
Prince

Quote:
Sorry TacticalGrace I do not have much experience on the forums.
no problem

Quote:
What I wanted to say was that presize weapons are not something from the future but a feature from the reality.
the word you are looking for is precise (presize means something else completely). You have misunderstood what I was saying. I was NOT saying that precision bombing is unrealistic. I was saying that precision bombing is a consequence of the deployed weapon NOT a consequence of some fixed installation (a small wonder)

Quote:
Presize weapons may give advantage to the human players, but that could be fixed with a patch.
shya, right. And monkeys will fly out of my butt.
Old February 12, 2003, 13:26   #40
TacticalGrace
Prince

BTW TriMiro, I know English isn't your first language* so don't worry about the misunderstandings. Just makes it hard to get communication working somtimes.

* at least I hope it isn't
Old February 12, 2003, 17:43   #41
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Local Time: 10:42
Quote:
shya, right. And monkeys will fly out of my butt.
COOL!!!
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.