Old February 4, 2003, 13:15   #1
rippk
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:43
Local Date: November 1, 2010
1.14Bug: Marines cause out-of-synch
A freind and I have tested this extensively. Playing a turn-based game over internet using 1.14f patch.

Whenever I kill the last unit in an enemy city with a marine from a transport, an out-of-synch error occurs as soon as another unit (be it marine or land unit) enters that city. The marine who killed the last enemy unit does not take the city, just leaves it empty for the next unit.
restart the game using the special out-of synch save, then you see that I have taken the city. But only the second unit is there, the original marine is gone (and he's not still on the transport either).

This bug has to be fixed as it basically takes marine (which I luv) out of the game. One way to really piss off your multiplayer opponent is to take a city, and then have to restart the game once you have done so!
Old February 4, 2003, 13:46   #2
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 09:43
Do you have a save you can post with instructions to cause the bug?
Old February 4, 2003, 15:50   #3
rippk
Chieftain

ya. here is a save. http://www.nd.edu/~pwightma/Marine_bug_1786AD.SAV

play as the koreans against greeks (both humans, greek was host machine)
koreans are about to take most northern chinese city with marines (marines are in city to west of that chinese city I believe).

Just hammer the chinese city with marines until they are all dead (might want to soften it up with ships and bombers first), then move another unit into city to take it. youi will then get a out-of-synch error and get dumped to multiplayer menu. Host reloads the special re-synch game, only then will you see that koreans have take nthe city. also note the missing marine.

Same thing happened 3-4 times in this game. As the koreans took the cities along the western coast of their continent.
Old February 4, 2003, 22:23   #4
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Cool. Thanks.

I have being trying to recreate these problems with amphibious, but have not been able to.
Old February 6, 2003, 18:28   #5
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 17:43
hi ,

send a mail with the game to firaxis

have a nice day
Old February 6, 2003, 20:20   #6
rippk
Chieftain

waiting for someone else to try it out and confirm that it's just not my machine/conneciton.
Old February 6, 2003, 20:28   #7
notyoueither
Deity

It is not just you. I tried it and got the same results.