Old February 6, 2003, 16:44   #1
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 17:51
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Early February NewZupdate
Well folks, I think it is now time for another NewZupdate.
Last one was 24th January, before we crushed the Germans, but after we got Na'rmer and the new administration.

I suggest we inform people about this :

- the total conquest of Germany
- the incoming war against Persia
- the end of our wars and MPPs (except against Japan)
- the completion of hospitals, which plunge us into a demographic extravaganza
- the fact that we're beginning a building period, and heading to a spaceship victory

If you think some suggestions are poor, or you think I forgot something important, please comment I should have some time to write a report in 24 hours.
Old February 6, 2003, 17:24   #2
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 10:51
Looks good. Don't forget that our MPPs finally ended, and that we signed peace with Rome and Babylon. Also, you might want to wait till the Persian poll is figured out before saying anything about it, though hopefully we'll have something in 24 hours.

If you want to mention specific German cities, here are the ones we conquered since last update (all but Bremen were the German capitol at the time we took them):
Leipzig
Heidelburg
Bremen
Nuremburg

Thanks for doing this.
Old February 7, 2003, 18:05   #3
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 09:51
Any idea when it will be posted?
Old February 7, 2003, 18:45   #4
Thud
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNever Ending StoriesC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC4BtSDG Templars
Prince

Local Time: 11:51
How about we say that a measure for war was finally defeated for the first time in our history? That's news.
Old February 9, 2003, 16:35   #5
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

bump

Has this been done? (I've been out of town)
Old February 9, 2003, 16:41   #6
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Don't forget: we've completed the Iron Works, we've just finished Wall Street, and we're about to finish the Intelligence Agency. We're also conducting a naval war against Japan, which is going in our favor so far.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old February 9, 2003, 17:08   #7
Spiffor

Nope, this hasn't been done, but I get back to my computer tonight (in 2 hours), so I should have a draft ready. Thanks for the suggestions all
Old February 9, 2003, 22:53   #8
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 12:51
Thanks a lot for this, Spiffor!
Old February 10, 2003, 10:58   #9
Spiffor

Democracy Game : an era of peace ?

The Civ3 Democracy Game is doing well. Our nation finally conquered whole Germany after a two-months campaign. Since the last report, the cities of Leipzig, Heidelburg, Bremen and Nuremberg have been conquered by our mighty military. Our empire is now significantly larger, and lays on more than half of our continent.

This conquest has opened a period of peace : our Mutual Protection Pacts with our neighbours are now finished, and peace has been signed with Rome and Babylon. The naval war with Japan, the second most powerful civilization in the game, is approaching its climax, as the first Apolytonian destroyer enters service, and plans for the construction of even bigger Battleships are being drafted as we speak.

Apolytonia has now entered an enlightened period of peace. For the first time in the history of our imperialistic nation, a serious suggestion to go to war has been rebuted. The economy is being consolidated, despite high level of corruption in the most remote parts of the Empire.
We have found good trading partners in India and Greece. We have signed several major tech deals with both civs and a few others, and are now receiving 2080 gpt just from the AI civs! That is 72% of what our cities make. Also, our treasury has reached an all-time high of 11,691 gold at 1380 AD. Our economists foresee a period of rapid development ahead.

We have now built the Iron Works, Wall Street, and have almost completed the Intelligence Agency. We have experienced a great demographic boost by integrating workers (national and foreign) in our cities, and we know have the highest population in the world. We are currently researching Motorized Transportation.

Last edited by Spiffor; February 10, 2003 at 13:09.
Old February 10, 2003, 10:59   #10
Spiffor

ANy comment, spelling or Grammar correction, enhancement of the genral style, anything is welcome
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	apolytonia1355adthumb.jpg
Views:	544
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	36494  

Last edited by Spiffor; February 10, 2003 at 11:05.
Old February 10, 2003, 11:57   #11
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Great NewZupdate!
Allow me to add: We have found good trading partners in India and Greece. We have signed several major tech deals with both civs and a few others, and are now receiving 2080 gpt just from the AI civs! That is 72% of what our cities make. Also, our treasury has reached an all-time high of 11,691 gold at 1380 AD. Our economists foresee a period of rapid development ahead.
Another paragraph, not necessarily in order: The naval war with Japan, the second most powerful civilization in the game, is approaching its climax, as the first Apolytonian destroyer enters service, and plans for the construction of even bigger Battleships are being drafted as we speak.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old February 10, 2003, 13:29   #12
Spiffor

Edited, as per Shiber's suggestions
Old February 11, 2003, 09:39   #13
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Spiffor, your request about the conquest of Germany is here .
Old February 16, 2003, 01:19   #14
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Perhaps this should wait a while longer, till we decide whether or not we go for a diplo victory...
Old February 16, 2003, 19:28   #15
MJW
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Persia has been killed by the English!
Old February 16, 2003, 19:47   #16
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by MJW
Persia has been killed by the English!
hi ,

soon they shall be killed by us , ......

have a nice day
Old February 24, 2003, 17:11   #17
Kloreep
Emperor

Spiffor seems to be have been gone for a week... unless there are objections (or he comes back), I'll update with Persia's death and the diplo victory vote and send it to the g0dz. Dunno exactly when... maybe tonight.
Old February 25, 2003, 16:28   #18
Kloreep
Emperor

Okay, here it is. I'll probably change the last paragraph (about the diplo victory), though I don't know how; otherwise, I think it's pretty complete.

The Civ3 Democracy Game is doing well. Our nation finally conquered Germany after a two-months campaign. Since the last report, the cities of Leipzig, Heidelburg, Bremen and Nuremberg have been conquered by our mighty military. Our empire is now significantly larger, and lays on more than half of our continent.
{{{ARO'S MAP}}}
This conquest has opened a period of peace : our Mutual Protection Pacts with our neighbours are now finished, and peace has been signed with Rome and Babylon. The naval war with Japan, the second most powerful civilization in the game, is approaching its climax, as the first Apolytonian destroyer enters service, and even bigger Battleships are being built as we speak.

Apolytonia has now entered an enlightened period of peace. For the first time in the history of our imperialistic nation, a serious suggestion to go to war has been rebuted; a bill to attack Persia was defeated, and Persia was eliminated by the English, the first civilization to be defeated at non-Apolytonian hands. The economy is being consolidated, despite high level of corruption in the most remote parts of the Empire.
We have found good trading partners in India and Greece. We have signed several major tech deals with both civs and a few others, and are now receiving 2169 gpt just from the AI civs! That is 67% of what our cities make. Also, our treasury reached an all-time high of 11,691 gold in 1380 AD. Our economists foresee a period of rapid development ahead.

We have now built the Iron Works, Wall Street, and the Intelligence Agency. We have experienced a great demographic boost by integrating workers (national and foreign) in our cities, and we know have the highest population in the world. We are currently researching Flight after discovering Motorized Transport, and our first Tanks will enter service shortly.

But the most important news of all is the political whirlwind gathering in Apolyton; the senate has decided how Apolyton will obtain its rightful place as leader of the world. Na'rmer, a Great Leader who emerged from the war with Germany, has been assigned the task of creating a council of all of the world's nations. This United Nations, to be built in the city of Apolyton by order of the senate, will need to elect a Secretary General to lead itself; and the Apolytonian senate has decreed that we will seek this position for ourselves. If elected by our allies, Apolyton will lead the world into a bright new future of peace; but the UN is yet to be built, and the vote yet to be held...
Old March 3, 2003, 21:41   #19
Kloreep
Emperor

In case anyone's wondering (and in case I can get to King tonight ), I sent off the Newz Update earlier today. It has a paragraph about the 1.29 controversy and I changed the last paragraph about the diplo victory.
Old March 4, 2003, 01:42   #20
Aro
lifer
Emperor

Great, great job, Kloreep. As always, I must say
Btw, I can see a little "king" beside your flag. Congrats!
Old March 4, 2003, 14:47   #21
Kloreep
Emperor

Thanks.

It should only take me about a year and a half to reach Emperor.
Old March 4, 2003, 15:17   #22
Aro
lifer
Emperor

Nah... Shiber took only 6 months to reach it! Post, man, post!
Old March 4, 2003, 17:06   #23
Shiber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Kloreep
Oh, and I see you've reached Emperor, Shiber. Cool.
(posting this here in order not to spam the domestic thread)

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally posted by Aro
Nah... Shiber took only 6 months to reach it! Post, man, post!
Hey! This has taken me a lot of dedication and hard work, and several fights with panag!
- Phantom of the Opera
Old March 4, 2003, 17:36   #24
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

So fighting is the way to get a high post count, interesting...

And this is a thead where it it permitted to freely spam?
Also interesting...

Aidun
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG
Old March 4, 2003, 18:48   #25
Kloreep
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Aidun
So fighting is the way to get a high post count, interesting...

Quote:
And this is a thead where it it permitted to freely spam?
Apparently.

+1
Old March 4, 2003, 19:06   #26
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Then prepare for the worst. I am still prince...

Aidun
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG