Old March 9, 2003, 05:46   #151
BigDork
Prince

Local Time: 15:56
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Ahhhhh. More Canadians. Okay, just kidding. I'm from just south of ya in NY. Used to cross the border to drink before I was legal in the states. Definatly had a lot of fun too. You Canadians have some good beer.

BigD

edit: And yes I obviously knew you were Canadian before. I mean, c'mon, you have a Canadian flag. But I couldn't resist complimenting you on your beer. Mmmm...beer.

BigDork's Poll of the Day over at MZO. What Spam Will It Be Today?
Old March 9, 2003, 10:18   #152
Konquest02
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Vox ControliApolyton University
Prince

Local Time: 10:56
Quote:
Originally posted by Dominae
Konquest, your web site provides quite a good AAR, but I'm glad you posted the important stuff here too (did I mention I'm originally from Québec, alors moi aussi je parle francais?!). Good stuff.

Dominae
I knew you were from Canada, but I have to admit I never looked in your profile to find out more...

@BigD: Yes we have some pretty good beer, but the best one comes from some microbrewery (Unibroue ) and is not exported... When you come to Quebec, ask for La Maudite, it,s probably one o the best beer I've ever tasted!

--Kon--
Old March 9, 2003, 12:03   #153
BigDork
Prince

Kon...

I'm really starting to get used to the beer over here in Germany. Good stuff too. Hopefully I can drink the other stuff with the same appreciation I used to by the time I get to go back to the states.

btw...good game(see, I'm on topic). I always have problems when I play the English. Just not my civ. I dunno. I've yet to complete a game as them. And like you I'd almost definatly have forgotten about the draft button. It's just not something I do.

BigD

Old March 9, 2003, 14:37   #154
badams52
King

Local Time: 07:56
Re: Lessons learned...
Quote:
Originally posted by Konquest02

8- No AI ever researched Espionnage, even well into the modern times. I guess they thought it was not worth it... Anyone got this result too?
This has happened in a couple of my games. Aside from getting spies, I don't see the advantage of it and I'm usually racing to war/building type techs. Espionage is a dead end.
Old March 9, 2003, 19:54   #155
BigDork
Prince

Re: Re: Lessons learned...
Quote:
Originally posted by badams52
This has happened in a couple of my games. Aside from getting spies, I don't see the advantage of it and I'm usually racing to war/building type techs. Espionage is a dead end.
Hi everybody...

I have to agree with badams on this. I never research espionage myself. If I can get it for a cheap price or part of another deal I will but it isn't a top priority. The two things I use spies for is starting wars and knowing how big an opposing civ's military is and what they have. Hrm...this gives me an idea.

BigD

Old March 9, 2003, 20:54   #156
Konquest02
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Vox ControliApolyton University
Prince

Local Time: 10:56
This is exactly what I was hoping for. I wished the AI would lose their time on this and that I could buy it cheap later in the game. You might look in my victory screenshot that I was actually 1 turn from espionnage...

--Kon--
Old March 10, 2003, 01:42   #157
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Local Time: 11:56
Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
STILL catching up...

I just read Catt's AAR.

Dear GOD, man... awesome, just awesome. You should write professionally. And I agree with earlier sentiments, that is everything an AAR should be, including the strategic and tactical thinking at the time, and is now... tada... a Must Read.

(and I am still playing out AU204... got Cleo, a KAI for sure, on the run)
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.