Old February 9, 2003, 14:50   #1
King_Henry
Chieftain

Local Time: 12:03
Local Date: November 1, 2010
AI reputation
Does the AI's reputation get hurt when it breaks treatys that they have with you and the others Civs? Does the AI break treaties for the same reasons that humans do, to win land? or do they break treaties by default, despite the fact that they may lose a source of iron or something else that they were being given in a per turn deal?
Old February 10, 2003, 14:52   #2
steven8r
Prince

Local Time: 10:03
I don't honestly know.

I always carry a low opinion of the AI civs. They are only as useful as I let them be.

As far as AI to AI reputation, I think that sometimes certain AI civs tend to beat-up on others, but when it comes down to it, they will all gang-up on you if given the chance.
Old February 10, 2003, 16:42   #3
Yahweh Sabaoth
King

Local Time: 16:03
I do think it's easier to bring alliances against civs with very agressive AI. But I don't know for sure.
Old February 10, 2003, 17:02   #4
Chemical Ollie
King

Local Time: 18:03
All opposing civs have bad reputation in my mind. But I do not know how they regard each others.
Old February 10, 2003, 17:35   #5
pedrojedi
Prince

Local Time: 13:03
Sometimes the counselor gives a piece of information about the other civ's opinions on other civ's. Besides that, there's a pattern of mutual hated that usually appears sooner or later, when talking about relations between AI civs.

All these are still a good mistery.
Old February 10, 2003, 17:47   #6
Yahweh Sabaoth
King

Local Time: 16:03
What's with that advisor anyways?

Can you FORCE him to talk about one civ only? Or must he always randomly skip from civ to civ, talking about a different subject each time?

Ok, so the Aztecs are technologically advanced and the Zulu are polite towards us and the English are in awe of our culture. Are the English polite towards us? What about the Aztecs?

It's a frustrating little feature. There oughta be a patch.
Old February 10, 2003, 22:07   #7
pedrojedi
Prince

Local Time: 13:03
Sometimes he says something useful. More often, he keeps saying things that even my empirial dog knows, such as "everybody hates you" or "everyone loves your culture". I get a lot of "their army outnumber us. That's not good...", but sooner or later that proves to be a filthy lie.

Sometimes you have to keep clicking on him, so he says what you want to know. BELIEVE me, it's not worth it, unless you have plenty time to spare noticing these (stupid) details. We should be able to fire these guys.
Old February 11, 2003, 01:35   #8
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Local Time: 11:03
Go to the F4 screen. When you move your cursor across (don't click) a given portrait, the advisor will tell you something about that civ. Just keep stroking the civ you want to know about, and he will eventually tell you all he knows.
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.