Old February 10, 2003, 03:41   #1
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 08:05
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Mesh has left the building
It is with great regret that I announce that I intend to withdraw my position as SMC and Senator in the Democracy of Apolyton.

I have learned much, enjoyed great debates and discussions, and cherished my time here, but alas, I no longer have a voice here, nor do I see myself making a difference in this nation any longer, a great unfortunate turn of events IMHO.

I am proud that in my last great triumph my fellow citizens elected me Supreme Military Commander, and supported me to no end in my goals. My journey here was from rags to riches, from measly Chieftan to King, from nobody to somebody.

I've been more than fortunate to have made many friends here, first and foremost Aro, a true and loyal friend who supported me in all I did (Thank you Aro, you're the best!) Arnelos, Aggie, Shiber, Panzer32, Zeit, E_T, and many many others, my list of thanks is too long to write down, too long to list here.

I am pleased that my list of enemies remains small and minimal, although there is one person here whom I shall not name that has caused me great annoyance, aggravation, and has contributed hugely to my desire to no longer put up with this. I won't say names, but I'm sure some of you know who this is. For this person has acted like a child, a hypocrite and an absolute liar. I no longer wish to put up with his crap.

I regret leaving, but I believe that there has been too much opposition to myself among a few of the members here, and Real Life has beckoned me in continuing my journeys elsewhere. It is with great sadness, yet pride, that I look upon this glorious establishment as a representation of true democracy, which I love.

My designs in the Labor Party became mute, the opposition to it too large. I foresaw a glorious awakening, but am stricken with the knowledge that I failed, which is something I am not used to, nor do I wish to continue in it's pursuit.

To all of you, friends and otherwise, God bless.
I may return some time, perhaps. But that is for me to know, and for you all to find out. Perhaps I made a mark here, perhaps not. Time will tell.

Goodbye friends,
Meshelic
Old February 10, 2003, 06:20   #2
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 18:05
How unforeseen Mesh. I will miss you.

Farewell

Aidun
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG
Old February 10, 2003, 08:20   #3
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

hi ,

well Meshelic , take care and dont forget to drop in ones in a while , .......

have a nice day

Last edited by Panag; February 10, 2003 at 08:27.
Old February 10, 2003, 09:42   #4
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 13:05
I'm very sad to hear this, Meshelic. I really hope you come back soon. You have the skills to lead, as you showed to us, and I know this will help you in your career.
You are a truly friend, a great guy, and I'll miss you.

Take care, my friend.
Old February 10, 2003, 09:52   #5
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 04:05
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Re: Mesh has left the building
Quote:
Originally posted by Meshelic
It is with great regret that I announce that I intend to withdraw my position as SMC and Senator in the Democracy of Apolyton.

...there is one person here whom I shall not name that has caused me great annoyance, aggravation, and has contributed hugely to my desire to no longer put up with this. I won't say names, but I'm sure some of you know who this is. For this person has acted like a child, a hypocrite and an absolute liar. I no longer wish to put up with his crap.
Mesh, you shall be sorely missed. I remember you as one of the ones that make this game fun.

Said person hasn't posted in this thread by any chance have they?

Quote:

Goodbye friends,
Meshelic
Goocbye, friend. Drop in some time and see how it's going.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old February 10, 2003, 10:26   #6
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Goodbye Mesh
Don't hesitate to come here whenever you feel like it !
Old February 10, 2003, 11:36   #7
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 10:05
There's no one running the Shadow Service?

This doesn't sound good...................
Old February 10, 2003, 12:17   #8
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Meshelic, I regret to hear that this is final... but all good things must eventually come to an end.
You've been a wonderful friend. It's been a great pleasure working with you. You will be sorely missed!

My best wishes.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old February 10, 2003, 13:49   #9
Nimitz
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG LegolandNever Ending StoriesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

Local Time: 11:05
Yes, good bye Mesh, you certenly made the DIAs life intresting , we'll miss you.
Old February 10, 2003, 14:12   #10
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Damn... Mesh, you will certainly be missed here. May you be kept safe through the coming conflicts of the real world. I have a feeling that you have MUCH left to contribute to the real world around you, so take care of yourself over there!

and when you get back someday, I'm sure Apolyton will still be around even though the democracy game will not be. So you have an obligation to stop and and say hi

Good luck, Mesh.
Old February 10, 2003, 14:14   #11
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
I'm sure Apolyton will still be around even though the democracy game will not be.
Is the Democracy game shutting down?
Old February 10, 2003, 14:29   #12
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Sad!
Ah boo! Don't let one person out of this community influence your thoughts and actions to that extent!

I do hope you reconsider, but you will surely be missed. Just remember that the "horn party" salutes you (which I personally think the Labor Party was just a fascade for the Horn Party, you were just too embarrased to admit it! )

Well I leave you with our secret hand signal:
\m/

WhiteBandit

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)
Old February 10, 2003, 15:31   #13
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Mesh leaves and UnOthO returns...........
Old February 10, 2003, 17:25   #14
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

You'll be missed. Thank you for all your contributions to the demogame.

And BTW, I don't view the Labor Party as a failure. We may be small, but we are active, which I view as the most important part of the Party.

Come back and visit sometime.
Old February 10, 2003, 19:44   #15
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

I may return in a month or so, for now I'm pretty busy in real life, not to mention I go off to training pretty damn soon.

That's mostly why I'm leaving for now, because of my life and the things I need to get done and move on with.

There are other reasons.....as I mentioned before, but those are hardly stand-alone reasons.

Ah I'll miss you guys. Especially my two close friends from Brazil and Israel. Not too mention you Euro's and my fellow American's.

I'm bummed now. Ah well, see you guys on the flip side

Airman Meshelic, USAF
Old February 10, 2003, 19:49   #16
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 04:05
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Meshelic
Ah I'll miss you guys. Especially my two close friends from Brazil and Israel. Not too mention you Euro's and my fellow American's.
Not to mention this Kiwi!!!!

See you sooner, rather than later, Mesh.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old February 10, 2003, 19:52   #17
Sheik
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

See you around Mesh

Please try to stop by once in a while.

Sell your photos
Old February 10, 2003, 19:57   #18
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Take care Mesh, when bombing for the good purpose.

Aidun
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG
Old February 10, 2003, 21:04   #19
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Good working with you, Mesh. It was great, and I hope that we can work together again sometime .

-- adaMada
Old February 11, 2003, 04:56   #20
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 12:05
I know sometimes things can get rough IRL, but make sure you stop by to say hello from time to time... never good to see nice fellows disappear entirely.

Salut.

Old February 11, 2003, 11:57   #21
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Mesh it is sad that your going. Please don't let one person drive you away from a game to which you have contributed so much. If you go you go will be sorely missed.
Aggie
Old February 11, 2003, 13:46   #22
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 12:05
Good bye and good luck. Stop by and visit now and then.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old February 11, 2003, 13:59   #23
kring
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerNationStatesCTP2 Source Code ProjectApolyton UniversityCivilization IV Creators
King

You will be missed; I understand the reasons very well myself.