Old February 11, 2003, 17:39   #31
Darkrenown
Chieftain

Local Time: 16:07
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Walmart likes to reserve shelf space weeks/months in advance for certain game, so that's why you're seeing those Moo3 stickers. Game's still not out though.
Darkrenown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2003, 18:22   #32
athorpel
Settler

Local Time: 10:07
That shelf tag has been there since Jan. 3. The date is at the end of the price strip in really small letters. What amazed me about MOO3 being on this price strip was that it had been there that long, I noticed it the first week of Feb. It seems WalMart was expecting MOO3 to ship in January. WalMart is very anal about shelf space making money, all space should make money all the time, especially if it is a Supercenter. The space for the box is small but that space is empty at every WalMart in the country. That's hundreds of thousands maybe millions of dollars that WalMart could be making but isn't. I will bet that WalMart's buyers are not very happy with Infogrames
athorpel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2003, 19:24   #33
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Local Time: 11:07
Thank you athorpel, that was the answer that I was looking for. Amazing that it took two days and two pages of posts to get there though.

As the originator of this thread, please close or do not post so this one drops of the map. I do not want anyone else thinking what some of ya'll did.
Old February 11, 2003, 21:22   #34
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by vee4473
i mean, wow, my "moo3 demo" thread was closed at the drop of a request from htower, when it laid out a legitimate discussion of demos.
That's the ticket, let's blame everything on H Tower.
GhengisFarb™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2003, 21:28   #35
vee4473
King

heh heh,

i already admitted that i requested that my own thread be closed, although i was joking, never thinking that it would be.

but, i was a little surprised by htower's harsh reply to my posts in that thread.

i felt passionately about my moo3 demo postion...

sniffle sniffle

but yeah!!!! it's his fault!!

kidding of course
Old February 11, 2003, 21:44   #36
viciouscycle
Chieftain

Location: Topeka (ancient American Indian term for "bubbling pit of hell")
@RPMisCOOL: YOU can delete this entire thread. Since you created the first post for this thread, deleting said post will delete this entire thread.

And yes, I will ask... will you please delete this thread?
Old February 11, 2003, 21:47   #37
Cedayon
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Does 'poly let you delete your own posts?

edit- I tried with clicking the delete checkbox and clicking delete now, but it wouldn't let me.
Cedayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2003, 21:48   #38
vee4473
King

of course,

a method of deleting a thread if the mods won't is to boycott it.

in other words, if no one posts a reply, the thread will eventually just drift down the list...efecctively deleting it.

although, i know it's hard to ignore a thread or a post sometimes.
Old February 11, 2003, 22:16   #39
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

You can't delete your own posts... you CAN edit your own posts to make them into no information, but that wouldn't help in this case because even if you started a thread, you can't edit the thread title (which, of course, is the actual problem with the thread!).

So I'm afraid the only thing that can be done is for a mod to close the thread or alter the thread title (though that would just make it confusing what everyone was complaining about ).

If a mod sees this, please just close the thread.

Thank You
Arnelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2003, 22:16   #40
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb

That's the ticket, let's blame everything on H Tower.
I never thought an emperor could make sch a n00b mistake. It's "Blame Skanky"
H Tower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2003, 22:26   #41
Tuberski

Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower

I never thought an emperor could make sch a n00b mistake. It's "Blame Skanky"
He may be an emperor, but he's only been here since May of 02.

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Tuberski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2003, 22:39   #42
vee4473
King

i always wondered how someone with so little time could elevate to prince/king/emperor.

i realize they may live and sleep and eat on the boards, but wow...

wo w
Old February 11, 2003, 22:50   #43
vee4473
King

you dont have much more time on him tuber
Old February 11, 2003, 23:38   #44
BigBopper
Chieftain

His punishment is that this thread won't die! On the topic of ranks, I've been registered since 99, and I'm still a settler.
BigBopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2003, 23:40   #45
BigBopper
Chieftain

Good lord, I've made Cheiftain!

LOL
BigBopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2003, 00:44   #46
viciouscycle
Chieftain

Location: Topeka (ancient American Indian term for "bubbling pit of hell")
Grrrr... okay, so the delete thing doesn't work. Grrrrrr. There are a couple other forums that I use that do allow the original poster to delete an entire thread. I saw the option to do so on this forum but the admins have disabled this function for regular users. Grrrrr. I just tried to delete the Ithkul thread that I started and couldn't do it. Grrrrr. Couldn't even edit to change the subject field. Grrrr.

Yes, I'm having a bad night.
Old February 12, 2003, 02:17   #47
Kc7mxo
King

Quote:
Good lord, I've made Cheiftain!

LOL
must be because you're such a chatty fellow. . .
Kc7mxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2003, 03:41   #48
Spock
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by RPMisCOOL
Geeze, sorry folks....was just trying to determine what was up with the Tag on the shelf in Wally world.

I did not know if they put it on the shelf and it sold out or what. Apparently, ya'll have set me straight.

I still think that it is a good sign that Walmart has made some shelf space for the game.
Wal-marts make modular(shelf) changes ahead of time for new items....so...what we really need to know, is how long between Bentonville(home of Wally) sending the orders to change and the actual item arriving. First it means the shipper has confirmed a ship date to Wally....now it all has to be co-ordinated so that all Wallys recieve a copy or three at the same time...some Wallys will recieve theirs a week or more before other stores and once all ship dates have been met...poof ...it hits the shelf to be ordered as needed.Wally usually sends mod changes 2 weeks out...so if RPM seen it today...then you should expect 2 weeks...but..seeing how I work for Wally as a District claims manager...I did some snooping...my local store changed their mod last Tues(8 days ago) ......so...if they stick to tradition...it will hit the shelf next Tues...but I wouldn't look for it till Wed...it will come in on Tuesdays truck around 4 pm...the night stocker won't start till 10 pm...they usually leave all games locked up and day shift does them....so I plan on looking for it Wed the 19th.
On a by note...all new games come in on Tues....so don't bother looking again till the next week. Hope this helped answer the ??? of why the tag if it isn't out.

Spock~
Old February 12, 2003, 03:45   #49
rhofman
Warlord

Local Time: 08:07
Quote:
must be because you're such a chatty fellow. . .
What does it say about a Prince?
rhofman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2003, 04:34   #50
Daz
Prince

Man, I just read this. Could everyone please ignore this thread so no other people get hurt as I (and most of you others) did?
Now that I said it, I kinda feel stupid as this doesnt make much sense... Just kill the thread!
Daz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2003, 14:41   #51
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

posting requests in the thread you want closed don't work too well. you have send an email/pm to markG, DanQ or ming.

I reccommend ming since it's been proven he doesn't sleep
Old February 12, 2003, 15:42   #52
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Fastest way to increase your postcount:

Join one of the democracy games and run for office... even if you only spend an hour a day on Apolyton, you end up spending almost all of that hour making posts in various democracy game threads about various issues facing the civilization.

Your postcount goes up and you don't even care to notice because no-one really cares about the "ranking" system.

Being an elected minister and then President of the Civ3 Democracy Game jumped me from Warlord to halfway to Emperor in 3 months...

I never cared about postcount and still find it a pretty bad indication of a poster's status, but if you really want a higher postcount, join a democracy game.

(yeah, I know, more shameless plugging for the democracy games )
Arnelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2003, 16:11   #53
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Spock

Wal-marts make modular(shelf) changes ahead of time for new items....so...what we really need to know, is how long between Bentonville(home of Wally) sending the orders to change and the actual item arriving. First it means the shipper has confirmed a ship date to Wally....now it all has to be co-ordinated so that all Wallys recieve a copy or three at the same time...some Wallys will recieve theirs a week or more before other stores and once all ship dates have been met...poof ...it hits the shelf to be ordered as needed.Wally usually sends mod changes 2 weeks out...so if RPM seen it today...then you should expect 2 weeks...but..seeing how I work for Wally as a District claims manager...I did some snooping...my local store changed their mod last Tues(8 days ago) ......so...if they stick to tradition...it will hit the shelf next Tues...but I wouldn't look for it till Wed...it will come in on Tuesdays truck around 4 pm...the night stocker won't start till 10 pm...they usually leave all games locked up and day shift does them....so I plan on looking for it Wed the 19th.
On a by note...all new games come in on Tues....so don't bother looking again till the next week. Hope this helped answer the ??? of why the tag if it isn't out.

Spock~
Thank you for the info!
Thank you for letting us pick "Spock's Brain"
Hmm...Where have I heard that before?

So I'll see the same tag next week on the grocery run, but still no game. No way am I going to make a special trip to pick this up. Unless, of course, HTower gives it a 10.

Mark, Ming, Dan, you can kill my thread at any time now....please!

Or maybe we can have more
Old February 12, 2003, 17:02   #54
H Tower

Quote:
Originally posted by RPMisCOOL
No way am I going to make a special trip to pick this up. Unless, of course, HTower gives it a 10.
why did you single out me?

note: I'm not getting the game right away, I want to see what other people say about it first. So if you wait to hear what I have to say about the game you could be waiting a long time.
Old February 12, 2003, 17:31   #55
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower
why did you single out me?
Because your recent choices of avatars is scaring me.
Old February 12, 2003, 17:39   #56
H Tower

really? I'va had Lord Farquaad from the movie Shrek, and right now I'm using Bruce Campbell, this particular picture is from the Jack of All Trades TV series. Farquaad may have looked scary, but he's a midget. I guess I could see why Bruce would be a little scary, but I'm sure I could find a more terrifying picture of him to use...
Old February 12, 2003, 19:12   #57
gunnergoz
Chieftain

Local Time: 08:07
Who or what is "Bruce Campbell?"

I just thought maybe you had a soft spot for for the Brawny paper towel guy...
gunnergoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2003, 19:22   #58
kalbear
Warlord

gunnergoz: Who or what is Bruce Campbell? Good gods man, get yourself to a video store stat, and rent Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness.

Right now! What are you waiting for - scram!
kalbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2003, 19:23   #59
Tuberski

Quote:
Originally posted by gunnergoz
Who or what is "Bruce Campbell?"

I just thought maybe you had a soft spot for for the Brawny paper towel guy...
For the uninitiated, he was the ring announcer in "Spiderman."

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Tuberski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2003, 20:42   #60
Harry Seldon
GalCiv Apolyton EmpireNationStates
King

Bruce was also in Serving Sara, Maniac Cop 1/2/3, The X-Files, Evil Dead 1, Bubba Hotep, Hercules/Xena(Prince of Thieves), and had another TV series entitled "Brisco County, Jr." The man is a god, highly underrated, and a personal hero of mine. If you doubt the legacy or majesty of his power, check http://www.bruce-campbell.com Sorry for the off-topic rant but I had to jump in on that one.
Harry Seldon is offline   Reply With Quote