Old February 10, 2003, 15:06   #1
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 10:07
Local Date: November 1, 2010
...Looking to return soon...
Can someone give me a bit of update please?

So where the hell have I been?

Some of you may recall that I help to run a little spook alley each October to raise some money for a local hospital: http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...threadid=66080

Now, I know you are all saying "It's been January you stupid oaf" and you would indeed be correct, however in December we learned that we would be getting kicked out of the building which we had used for the last 4 years.

This meant the removal of allot of various equipment and costumes that we had been storing at this location as well as an early scramble to find a new suitable location that we may continue with our tradition. Besides, it's never too early to start planning next year's Halloween...

After some search, we have teamed up with the only other spook alley in this area that targets the younger children, and we have both agreed to a sharing of the profits and expenses. This new location, under some convincing from yours truly, will also now allow us to expand our target age range considerably by offering a seperate spook alley for slightly older children:

http://www.dinopark.org/

As a result, I have been spending considerable time helping to upgrade this park with some killer equipment that will allow the Dinosaur Park to now pump sound and lighting to each of their exhibits, but also allow me to have some fun with the kids come next October as they meander through the outdoor trails that I will be designing. I am already ordering new costumes that will allow our actors to appear much like the statue exhibits. Add in some fog machines and sounds, along with other tricks of the trade, and I should be able to give the older kids a bit of a fright. The Museum will be used to house the alley for the younger, more timid children.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old February 10, 2003, 15:19   #2
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 13:07
Welcome back, UnOrthOdOx! You did a wonderful job in the park, I just saw the link.
Glad to see your Brain avatar again...
Old February 10, 2003, 15:23   #3
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 18:07
Welcome back ! I am precisely working on a NewZupdate as we speak.

To be short :
We conquered Germany
We are at peace with everyone except Japan, with whom we have a low intensity sea war.
We are completely hegemonous
Our capital has moved from Apolyton to Macross City
We have just begun a building phase
We make tons of money by selling outdated techs
Elections are nearing
Old February 10, 2003, 15:25   #4
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 10:07
Oh, most of that has been there...the park started several years ago. I have only had a hand in adding a few things for this year, namely sound an lighting to exhibits that will allow them to remain open in the evenings as well as provide more interesting sounds and/or info for the kids...and allow me to scare the hell out of them later...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old February 10, 2003, 18:29   #5
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 12:07
Welcome back.

Now if I can fix the d*mn problems I am having with this new firewall, I will be doing a new gazettee issue for the month of february. Unfortunately, this new firewall is killing my ability to get onto poly and post, let alone emails, PM's and so forth. If someone else (hint hint) were to take the gazettee back....... well it would not upset me in the least.

FYI - I have been trying to put it out in 4-6 week intervals, and I think I am due again any time now.

See ya on the pages.

GK

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old February 10, 2003, 19:52   #6
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 04:07
Local Date: November 2, 2010
This is good newz.... to say the least. Now that I am home all I need to do is get myself a modem or (if I find a PhD scholarship) broadband and BOTH of us can find our ways back here.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old February 10, 2003, 21:47   #7
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 12:07
Welcome back Unortho.

Hope you felt you did a good job while you were gone, and I'm glad you could make use of your time away.
Old February 10, 2003, 23:40   #8
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 11:07
Yeah! Welcome back (whenever you do manage to come back ) UnOrthO . You've been missed...

-- adaMada