Old February 10, 2003, 22:29   #1
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 12:09
Local Date: November 1, 2010
How Many Pages is YOUR Forum?
Just another fun thread... how many pages does everyone's forum have, just to see who's the most active, etc.

Lux right now has a total of 9 pages of threads. So who can beat that?
Old February 10, 2003, 22:42   #2
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

RP Forum has 11 pages - and some of the roleplay threads are 10-20 pages long.
Old February 10, 2003, 23:25   #3
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 11:09
I'll bet that RP has Lux even more beat when it comes to the sheer LENGTH of those posts... I'm sure History Guy alone has posted enough role-play to perhaps be worth the posting length of several of the other TEAMS each...
Old February 10, 2003, 23:27   #4
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta

At least ours have more useful information.

Oh, and it's not like you don't have 5 times as many active members either.
Old February 11, 2003, 14:55   #5
DeepO
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 18:09
GS has 8 pages in total, and we tend to stop threads when they reach 500 posts...

DeepO
Old February 11, 2003, 16:33   #6
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

umm, 4 pages...
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old February 11, 2003, 17:51   #7
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

4 pages here, too.
Old February 11, 2003, 18:54   #8
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Panzer32
umm, 4 pages...
Quote:
Originally posted by Kloreep
4 pages here, too.
Something tells me you are not Showing thread from "the beginning". If you are - those are two seriously inactive teams, trusting their leaders to do everything.
Old February 11, 2003, 19:09   #9
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Re: How Many Pages is YOUR Forum?
Quote:
Originally posted by Trip
Just another fun thread... how many pages does everyone's forum have, just to see who's the most active, etc.
No clue, haven't been there in about 45 days or so.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old February 11, 2003, 20:38   #10
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 10:09
Quote:
Originally posted by DeepO
GS has 8 pages in total, and we tend to stop threads when they reach 500 posts...

DeepO
500 posts?!

I don't think we have that many posts in our whole forum..........

What the heck are you talking about?

(Sample excerpt from one of their threads)

Member1- Yes, I think that Jerry is an appropriate name for our first Warrior.

Member2- But should it be spelled "Jerry", "Jeri", or "Gerry"?

Member3- "Jerry" is awfully close to "Jerry Seinfeld", might that not be copyrighted?

Member1- Here is a copy of the name use request I sent to the owners of the Seinfeld sitcom.

Member2 - Have you heard any news yet?

Member1 - The Seinfeld sitcom said they would grant us permission to use the name "Jerry" if we traded them our extra Iron.

Member3 - I say go for it.

Member1 - Okay, I finished the deal for the use of the name "Jerry". Is this the name we are using for our first Warrior.

Member4 - Instead of "Jerry" can we use the name "Tim"

Member1 - I'll check with the legal departments of Home Improvement and Monty Python to see if we can acquire the rights to use the name "Tim.................

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; February 11, 2003 at 20:47.
Old February 11, 2003, 20:48   #11
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

You forgot the part where the Seinfeld sitcom threatened to file suit against GS just for asking for the rights because the guys at Home Improvement had told them that GS had originally named the warrior Tim but changed it to Jerry specifically to piss off Seinfeld and in turn violated their publicity agreement with Home Improvement and thus should not be trusted...

Last edited by Arnelos; February 11, 2003 at 20:54.
Old February 11, 2003, 21:05   #12
MarkG
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

Forum Posts Threads
C3PtWDG Lux Invicta 2554 247
C3PtWDG Gathering Storm 7947 215
C3PtWDG Glory of War 1687 117
C3PtWDG Legoland 2596 120
C3PtWDG Roleplay 6514 315
C3PtWDG Vox Controli 2096 68
Old February 11, 2003, 21:11   #13
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Oh, well thanks for putting everything in the open Markos

j/k. Ty for the info on everyone else

As for Vox, I know they only have 5 or so active members IIRC, but what happened guys? Do you do everything at turnchats?

We've the most threads but GS probably has reached 500 in threads, considering they have somewhat average threadcount but no.1 postcount.

Old February 11, 2003, 21:21   #14
Jon Shafer

Average posts-per-thread:
Forum Posts/Thread
C3PtWDG Lux Invicta 10.34
C3PtWDG Gathering Storm 36.96
C3PtWDG Glory of War 14.41
C3PtWDG Legoland 21.63
C3PtWDG Roleplay 20.68
C3PtWDG Vox Controli 30.82
Old February 11, 2003, 21:28   #15
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

I can see why GoW has a low post count, I mean, How many times can you say Ugh & Grunt....

E_T
Old February 11, 2003, 21:33   #16
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by E_T
I can see why GoW has a low post count, I mean, How many times can you say Ugh & Grunt....

E_T
Ugh, Grunt.

Ugh count +1
Old February 11, 2003, 21:34   #17
Arnelos
Emperor

I find it ironic that the Roleplay team, which has an actual despotism for a government, is probably more "democratic" in terms of the amount of discussion... with a LOT more posting going on. Granted that most of that is RP, but I'd argue that Togas hasn't really been all that despotic of a despot. It's been a very benevolent despotism with lots of freedom of expression (well, with some particular exceptions... ).
Old February 11, 2003, 22:53   #18
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 09:09
well we find it useful to have less threads to discuss stuff. sorting through thread after thread for information that all relates to each other anyways is tedious. It is nice to have a few main threads, and some miscellaneous ones.
Old February 11, 2003, 23:04   #19
Hot Mustard
King

I wonder how much these numbers are affected by teams editing previous threads/posts with new information instead of creating new ones. In the RP Forum, we do not really make use of the "edit anyone's" feature.
Old February 11, 2003, 23:09   #20
Jon Shafer

Lux uses it quite often, especially for game reports and that sort of thing.
Old February 12, 2003, 07:57   #21
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

We do have a couple of PBEM games going inside the GS forum...

Still,...
Old February 12, 2003, 09:21   #22
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Grunt oah Wa-ugh

Old February 12, 2003, 09:24   #23
mrmitchell
King

Quote:
"edit anyone's" feature
Heh....just like Microsoft, Apolyton "Bugs" are becoming Apolyton "Features".
Old February 12, 2003, 13:22   #24
DeepO
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Alva, if you check, it's not the PBEMs that have the most posts, and in there, not all posts are related to the PBEM either... in total, we have less then 1000 posts in our PBEM threads, so without them we still would have most posts.

Well, what can I say, we tend to discuss things thouroughly in GS, and nearly all decisions are democratic, in that we try to get opinions of most members. It takes great effort to be able to be one team on the outside, when so many people have wildly varying opinions on how to proceed, debates can get longish

DeepO
Old February 12, 2003, 14:50   #25
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 16:09
Holy cow we've got a lot of posts .... not that many of them are mine of course ... but still
Old February 12, 2003, 14:54   #26
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by dejon
I wonder how much these numbers are affected by teams editing previous threads/posts with new information instead of creating new ones. In the RP Forum, we do not really make use of the "edit anyone's" feature.
We use that feature for the turnthreads because it makes things much easier when compiling a list of orders from 3 or 4 different peope, but it doesn't seem useful anywhere else.
Old February 12, 2003, 15:00   #27
Arnelos
Emperor

RP Team has 3 ongoing internal PBEM games... they take up almost NO posts on our forums because we handle the saves mostly by holding turnchats in our IRC chatroom on Apolyton.

Game #2 is even up to 1550 B.C. as of last night's chat, further along than the inter-team game.

I've also played an internet game with E_T and other activities.

The bottom line is that we only have 1 thread dedicated to each internal pbem game and those threads are mostly just posts when the games were being set up a few weeks ago.

Doing a post in the private forum every time you send on the save file like the inter-team game isn't necessary when you're playing the game in chats
Old February 12, 2003, 18:05   #28
DeepO
Emperor

Arnelos, that's true, but don't forget that GS is worldwide... we can't use chats, as by the time one part of our team can join, the other longs for sleep.

Oh, and one PBEM is now to 1050 BC, with 4 players. A lot of "save sent" posts (in one thread, of course), that's true, but even without them we have most posts. Some days, the forum can get pretty hectic, but we love it that way, it reminds us of home

DeepO
Old February 12, 2003, 18:06   #29
Jon Shafer

Why do you guys have seperate PBEM games going on inside your forums?
Old February 12, 2003, 18:13   #30
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Trip
Why do you guys have seperate PBEM games going on inside your forums?
Is there any reason why we shouldn't?