Old June 3, 2003, 04:23   #301
Gilgamensch
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
King

Local Time: 17:11
Local Date: November 1, 2010
During the week, it should be OK any day, maybe not Friday, though.

Weekend
Old June 3, 2003, 08:36   #302
J Bytheway
Call to Power PBEMCall to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Tamerlin
John, as you are still President of the DG, don't you think we should organize another Turn Chat?
Maybe on Monday, but, as I said before, I have exams until the end of the week so I won't do anything notable before then.
Old June 3, 2003, 11:46   #303
Tamerlin
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
King

Local Time: 18:11
I have made a mistake, I am not available monday...

If the Turn Chat is played monday I appoint Gilgamensch as my delegate, if he agrees of course, whatever the date I will post a MoDA communication before the week-end.
Old June 3, 2003, 12:03   #304
Gilgamensch
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
King

If you can't be there, I'll have to make it, or?
Old June 3, 2003, 12:09   #305
Gilgamensch
King

Plus, as I seem to be now a minister , I should be there anyway
Old June 3, 2003, 15:26   #306
child of Thor
Emperor

Local Time: 16:11
I have a little suggestion for consideration, and that is all it is .
Why don't we call a halt to the DG untill all people have finished their pending exams?
Shouldn't be too long before everyone is done? Plus it will give them a chance to get a good mark
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.
Old June 3, 2003, 15:49   #307
mapfi
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II Multiplayer
Prince

well, to make it official that should be an amendment and a restart would require an amendment as well...
I agree though, lock the current government as it is and call for new elections two weeks or so after a possible restart.
Old June 3, 2003, 20:13   #308
Tamerlin
King

It is not a bad idea... but will the game be restarted?
Old June 5, 2003, 05:33   #309
Gilgamensch
King

That's, what I am afraid off. We stop and we might never continue.............
At least, if you keep it runnning, people know, it is still there.
Old June 6, 2003, 07:02   #310
child of Thor
Emperor

well it kinda has stopped really.....I think exams have naturally taken precendent. I wouldn't worry about it stopping for ever - poly is a nasty addiction, they'll be back
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Old June 6, 2003, 08:58   #311
mapfi
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II Multiplayer
Prince

Well, I tried to put this into legal words and really hope it won't die. Vote in the amendment and if you want a rewording or have a better idea, do so, I'll support anything :-)
Old June 6, 2003, 14:36   #312
Tamerlin
King

Thanks for your work Mapfi, I am about to check your amendment...

I really hope the DG will survive this pause.
Old June 6, 2003, 16:50   #313
Tamerlin
King

John, do you still plan to hold a Turn Chat next week or are you waiting for the result of Mapfi's amendment?
Old June 8, 2003, 10:04   #314
child of Thor
Emperor

I'm thinking that maybe we are in a strong enough position to really have a go at the germans - like build up 4x12 stacks and take some of their cities closest to our borders. Austria are more or less done and it is really just a mopping up exercise - so maybe we need a 2x12 stack for that as well?
I'm just thinking that their aggressive actions towards us deserve some kinda pay back, or maybe it's the old ghost's of the WP?
This of course is for when the DG gets going again. What are others short and long term idea's for what Lemuria should be doing?

Old June 8, 2003, 11:42   #315
J Bytheway
Emperor

I'm tempted to have a turn thread, rather than a turn chat. At the moment I'm mostly still just relieved exams are over and too lazy to put the effort in .
Old June 8, 2003, 18:18   #316
Pedrunn
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 13:11
We could continue the game slower if you want J. It is actually better for me.
This way we wont have to lock the game!
I will post the orders in the Turn thread.
-Jean Rostand
Old June 8, 2003, 19:40   #317
Tamerlin
King

As far as I am concerned I don't like the game being played through Turn Threads, the president could well play the game alone and post some reports from time to time. The better part of the DG are, IMO, the Turn Chats when we meet in the Chat Room and... chat together.
Old June 8, 2003, 19:48   #318
Tamerlin
King

About the future of the game, I still think we should make peace with the Germans and finish out the Austrians. We need to be at peace as soon as possible in order to go out of this disastrous war economy...

I must remember you that the cost of this war is very high because our ennemies are more advanced than us and this difference will become a gap if we don't make peace very soon. Once we will have recovered and raised our science rate we will be able to wage a new war if we need it.
Old June 13, 2003, 11:16   #319
Gilgamensch
King

Is the DG stopped or not?
Old June 13, 2003, 12:27   #320
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Not officially. The amendment failed to get the neccessary 7 Yes votes, so technically we're still playing. I think the fact that only 5 people voted gives exactly the opposite impression.
Old June 13, 2003, 15:34   #321
J Bytheway
Emperor

I'm still intending to do something, but I'm surprisingly busy given that exams are over... I do feel like I'm derelicting my duty.
Old June 14, 2003, 02:27   #322
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 11:11
Quote:
Originally posted by J Bytheway
I'm still intending to do something, but I'm surprisingly busy given that exams are over... I do feel like I'm derelicting my duty.
no one's around to critcize you for it though
Old June 14, 2003, 03:06   #323
Devil of Truth
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Sorry for my absence. I’ve had some personal problems that needed my full attention - and upon my return, I find our little empire crumbling ! How many citizens still around? If we lock the game, shouldn’t we have a post mortem to find out what went right/wrong? ...and then launch/relaunch the DG?
Old June 14, 2003, 09:32   #324
Tamerlin
King

Welcome back DoT, I hope your problem are solved.

If we lock the game DoT, the goal is to start it again as soon as possible, when the ministers are again available (but we don't even have a president and a MoD other than "by interim").

The problem is our community is very small and that IMO we won't be able to start again before september (Half of us will be on vacations in July, the other half in August), if we start it again at all.

If we pause to think about what has gone wrong, I fear the citizens don't care as they have not bothered to reply to Gilgamensch's thread, the people debating the post mortem will be the same as usual.
Old June 14, 2003, 19:59   #325
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Hey, DoT, good to see you back.

It's a pity that this DG is all-but-dead But I support stopping it officially, even though I didn't vote for it in the poll (haven't been around often enough to catch it in time ). So you have 6 votes there.

Okay, enough with the blabbering, on to the more important stuff

An important heads-up for everyone (but don't tell anyone you got this from me): we (Apolyton) are currently cracking down on the contents of the upload folders. Seems a lot of people are using it to store non-Apolyton related stuff. This is not allowed and punishments for doing so can be quite severe. So I urge you all to remove *anything* non-Apolyton related (even if it's only a single tiny file) ASAP before you get caught. See here for what you can and can't save in the upload folder. I'd hate to see important CtPers people banned, even if the game is dead now

If you don't know what I'm talking abbout, you probably have nothing to worry about (but the aforementioned link explains what the upload service is, if you want to know).

On another note, on August 8 there will be an Apolyton Meeting in London. Immortal Wombat and yours truly will both almost certainly be amongst the people attending (I'm currently arranging my travel/accomodation arrangements together with another Dutch Apolytoner who will also be attending (Zopperoni)).

It would be fun if more CtPers would attend this meeting. This is mostly for the British CtPers I guess, although I'm traveling to London especially for the occassion myself as well: it's surprisingly cheap (let me know if anyone need tips for cheap hotels/airlines ). I would love to meet some of you people IRL! If anyone is interested, see this thread for details.

In late August/early September (probably September 6) there will also be an Apolyton Meeting in the Netherlands (probably Amsterdam) where I will be attending. If anyone is interested in visiting that, see this thread. Officially it's a Dutch(/Belgian) meeting, but 3 non-Dutch people (among whom Zaphod) have already expressed an interest in attending and other non-Dutchies that wanna come are welcome as well (of course, if there are non-Dutch people the language will be English rather than Dutch).

Last edited by Locutus; June 14, 2003 at 20:07.
Old June 15, 2003, 19:39   #326
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 11:11
Quote:
Originally posted by Locutus
An important heads-up for everyone (but don't tell anyone you got this from me): we (Apolyton) are currently cracking down on the contents of the upload folders. Seems a lot of people are using it to store non-Apolyton related stuff. This is not allowed and punishments for doing so can be quite severe. So I urge you all to remove *anything* non-Apolyton related (even if it's only a single tiny file) ASAP before you get caught. See here for what you can and can't save in the upload folder. I'd hate to see important CtPers people banned, even if the game is dead now

If you don't know what I'm talking abbout, you probably have nothing to worry about (but the aforementioned link explains what the upload service is, if you want to know).
indeed, the crap has hit the fan, the few examples markos made of people before didn't work, the staff is on a rampage now.

rightfully so of course
Old June 15, 2003, 19:59   #327
Tamerlin
King

Some people won't change, give them a useful feature and they will twist it to their own advantage, they will misuse it and then the said useful feature will be suppressed actually punishing those that were using it legally... disheartening.
Old June 16, 2003, 07:24   #328
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Most of the people involved are respected Apolytoners, not your average troublemakers (in the past several respected CtPers have been banned for abusing this feature as well).

I think a lot of people either simply aren't aware of the rules or don't fully understand exactly what is meant by them (i.e. underestimate how tightly they are enforced).

I doubt the feature will ever be disabled, or at least not solely to avoid abuse. There are plenty of other features on Apolyton that can and are being abused but are still around as well.

But hopefully this will send out a message and avoid further abuse, because it *is* costing Apolyton a lot of valuable resources.
Old June 16, 2003, 08:36   #329
Gilgamensch
King

Coming back to the earlier topic:

London I can't make, but Netherlands should be possible.

Just do me the favour and remember me like 2 weeks before............
Old June 16, 2003, 09:01   #330
Tamerlin
King

I think we should take a decision about the future of the DG, do we want to stop it or do we want to pause for a moment?