Old February 13, 2003, 18:27   #31
child of Thor
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Local Time: 16:10
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I think it will stay up by itself - a bit like this thread
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.
Old February 13, 2003, 20:18   #32
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 17:10
agrees with cot
Old February 14, 2003, 06:03   #33
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 18:10
Quote:
Originally posted by Pedrunn
But i have got to admit that the Herald is overruling the use and is working much better than 'Government Annoucements' thread. I dont think it is a bad idea to exchange those threads.
I like this idea: government announcements can be made in the form of press releases just as well as regular posts

What do others think?
Old February 14, 2003, 06:08   #34
Zaphod Beeblebrox
King

i don't think thats a good idea. there's a lot of... well lets call it irrelvant news in the papers. there should be one thread, that those people can subscribe to, who aren't here regularly but want at least to be informed of the most vital developments. this doesn't mean the government can't do presswork, but the government announcement thread should cover the main events.
Old February 14, 2003, 06:26   #35
Gilgamensch
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
King

That's what I tried too................

the only problem is people do not answer, I am for example still waiting for answer of the APP............

Frozzy, I think was waiting for us to send him the articles and he would post (publisher). I was a bit too lazy myself, trying to follow those rules

Would be a bit better, as not everyone could post whatever......

We could try to include governmental releases (information about city size/produktion levels/.....) to be included in the Herold.....
Old February 14, 2003, 12:13   #36
Tamerlin
King

The problem is that catching with the various threads, especially the DG ones, is already very time consuming, I can't find the time to write articles.
Old February 14, 2003, 14:20   #37
Frozzy
PtWDG2 SunshineNationStatesCall To Power SuperLeague
Emperor

Local Time: 04:10
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I concur with Peddy and Loccy.
Old February 14, 2003, 16:38   #38
Pedrunn
King

Local Time: 13:10
Just submited another story. This time about the conquest of Pressburg. I hope you guys like it.

I also added some more info in the history thread like the total number of stories and how many stories each person wrote
-Jean Rostand
Old February 15, 2003, 02:21   #39
Frozzy
Emperor

Congratumalations CtP2! You have now ammased a whopping 50 citizens. This calls for free beer for the next 5 minutes!
Old February 15, 2003, 11:12   #40
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 11:10
damn! I missed the free beer!

Well since I'm campaigning again, free beer on me for the next 4 Days (I want people to be sober enough to vote for me before the end of the election )
Old February 15, 2003, 14:46   #41
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Question for French speaking Lemurians: do French translations of the words TBS (Turn Based Strategy) and RTS (Real Time Strategy) exist? And if so, what are they? Or do I just use the English terms?
Old February 15, 2003, 15:13   #42
Frozzy
Emperor

* Frozzy takes 500 bottles of beer and sells them on the streets

I'm a stingy bartender
Old February 15, 2003, 15:20   #43
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 11:10
you're an opportunist, i'll give you that. I'm just driving up business for you anyways, you should be happy

How many people here are NOT in a political party?
Old February 15, 2003, 15:25   #44
Tamerlin
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Locutus
Question for French speaking Lemurians: do French translations of the words TBS (Turn Based Strategy) and RTS (Real Time Strategy) exist? And if so, what are they? Or do I just use the English terms?
TBS = Stratégie Tour par Tour
RTS = Stratégie Temps Réel

Old February 15, 2003, 15:37   #45
mapfi
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II Multiplayer
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower
How many people here are NOT in a political party?

Because frankly, while those quarrels between the WP and the APP are sometimes funny (especially in the Herald), parties like we have them here only harden the lines in political discussion and therefore inhibit the solution which might be in the best interest of the nation.
Old February 15, 2003, 16:28   #46
Tamerlin
King

Quote:
Originally posted by mapfi
Because frankly, while those quarrels between the WP and the APP are sometimes funny (especially in the Herald), parties like we have them here only harden the lines in political discussion and therefore inhibit the solution which might be in the best interest of the nation.
You are wrong mapfi, look carefully at the decisions of the APP and of our arguments and you will see we are defending a way of playing the game which we believe is in the best interest of the nation. If the WP or any citizen expresses something we consider as sensible, you will see the APP sides him.

Create your own party, it's fun!
Old February 15, 2003, 18:25   #47
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

Anyone noticed that we have a newspaper but we havent even invented writing yet?
Old February 15, 2003, 18:34   #48
Tamerlin
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Maquiladora
Anyone noticed that we have a newspaper but we havent even invented writing yet?
And that we are playing a Democracy game while we even know nothing about Monarchy.
Old February 15, 2003, 19:01   #49
Tamerlin
King

Dale, excellent post on the Lemurian Herald.

Membership in a Party pushes you to put the emphasis on the role playing part of the DG, this is why it is fun. But I know all the members of the parties, be it WP or APP, have the interest of the nation in mind and would not push the role playing part of the DG to the point it would disrupt the game or to the point it would become harmful to Lemuria.

I think the two parties are actually reflecting two ways of playing CtP2 as a single player game, I would bet most of the WP members are "Conquerors" that are usually trying to win the game through military conquest. On the other hand the APP members are certainly "empire builders", players who are more interested in the Scientific Victory, the peceful growth of the Nation they play and who are waging a war when they feel they need to in order to repell a threat. As far as I am concerned I have no qualms about preemptive strikes and full scale military campaigns when I feel it is needed.

But if I want to manage a war or a battle from the beginning of the game to its end I don't play CtP2 but PC wargames like Panzer General 2, People's General, the Operational Art of War or Steel Panthers.
Old February 15, 2003, 19:28   #50
mapfi
Prince

The two parties indeed stand for two different strategies, but the best way to act is always decided by the cirsumstances and therfore can swap back and forth or lie inbetween those two extreme attitudes.
Old February 15, 2003, 19:45   #51
Tamerlin
King

Quote:
Originally posted by mapfi
The two parties indeed stand for two different strategies, but the best way to act is always decided by the cirsumstances and therfore can swap back and forth or lie inbetween those two extreme attitudes.
This is the difference between being stubborn and being open minded.

And believe me the APP is far from being an extremist party (I wouldn't be a member of it), I am a member of the APP because I think it is fun and because I share common opinions on the game with my camarades. Don't ask me to ignore what I think is good for our nation in the DG. I am the first to ask for the production of military units in all our cities now that a war has been declared as I consider this is our best chance to resist the Austrian or conquer a part of its territory. Where my opinion differs from the WP, at least I think so, is that we should also know when to stop this war when we have conquered the space and cities we need. The goal is not to destroy Austria but to further the development of Lemuria through the conquest of the nearest territory and cities of Austria.
Old February 15, 2003, 19:50   #52
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

The WP was formed to address the issues we face right now, i dont think ill be a member of any party by say 1800AD, by that time all the serious (and necessary) warmongering will be over.

The APP doesnt seem to fit anytime in our history, they just like to piss and moan about what other people want to do.

Hopefully theyll be new parties formed when we have a larger empire to control our own destinies, with more thoughtful principles than, "war is good" "ugh"
Old February 15, 2003, 20:42   #53
Tamerlin
King

Quote:
The APP doesnt seem to fit anytime in our history, they just like to piss and moan about what other people want to do.

You should read what we write...
Old February 15, 2003, 22:07   #54
Pedrunn
King

Local Time: 13:10
Parties are good to reflect what you think but not to decide for you. Therefore no party is stupid akthough they are unnecessary.

And they are good not only for role-playing but for discussions too! newbies became less shy if they see others share their point of view.

And by the way, I like science victories. I just think the best way to reach this kind of victory is by expanding at cost of other civs. And you would be amazed on how good for small civs i am in my games. I like to cultivate them for my own purpouses
-Jean Rostand
Old February 15, 2003, 22:18   #55
mapfi
Prince

who said parties were stupid? Neither do I think they're completely unnecessary - I just think we need people that don't go after party politics to decide what's good for our nation.
Old February 17, 2003, 19:20   #56
child of Thor
Emperor

Quote:
The WP was formed to address the issues we face right now........edity.................................. ......edit.......................
Hopefully theyll be new parties formed when we have a larger empire to control our own destinies, with more thoughtful principles than, "war is good" "ugh"
Yeah this was exactly why i joined it - I was afraid a too peaceful solution was going to be opted for.Atleast it sounded like this might be the case and i felt there was another way to help our nation. As with you i will become a neutral when i'm ready and my persona may mature as our empire becomes more sophisticated...... hmmmm well maybe not that last bit

I've noticed some quite lively threads over these new elections! I was almost upset over the barred teeth nature of them(or maybe i'm too loved up from the saturday demo in London?)
I would like to think that any members of our community will be able to relax and share a non-too-politicaly motivated beer from time to time, that is if our esteemed barkeep would stop selling the stuff out the back door
One for the road please Frozzy!
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Last edited by child of Thor; February 17, 2003 at 19:32.
Old February 19, 2003, 09:53   #57
ískallin
Prince

I'm am so ashamed i havent been here for a week due to computer problems.
How many turnchats did i miss three or four.
Old February 19, 2003, 10:25   #58
child of Thor
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by ískallin
I'm am so ashamed i havent been here for a week due to computer problems.
How many turnchats did i miss three or four.
Hey! hello I think you've only missed two, but they were quite crucial. Darn stupid computers You need to check your nomination thread in the DG(minister of infrastucture i think) as people are getting worried.

Old February 19, 2003, 20:50   #59
Turambar
Call to Power II Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

I quickly wrote some more on my story, it's a bit crap but I wanted to write about killing that archer briefly.

The Battle For Pressburg shall follow tommorrow hopefullly.
Old February 21, 2003, 10:41   #60
Devil of Truth
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Mmm. This café has gone the way of the dodo.

Where’s the barkeep?
Where’s the waitresses/women?
Where’s the idle sports babble?
Where’s the annoying spam?
Why is it so quiet in here?

* DoT steals a beer while nobody was watching.