Old February 14, 2003, 19:17   #61
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 14:29
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
That's about as good as your *Goes to get the popcorn*.
*Grabs a beer*

Looks like I missed most of the fireworks. Don't mind me, just a bystander.
Old February 14, 2003, 19:57   #62
rah
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Just another peon

Yes, I really would like a straight answer to the question of when exactly was the last time he played.
Old February 14, 2003, 20:12   #63
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Well... either Eyes is lying, or SK is.
Old February 14, 2003, 20:12   #64
Graag
Civilization II Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 19:29
@ War
Old February 14, 2003, 20:13   #65
Graag
Civilization II Multiplayer
King

Eyes Vs SK!

Fight fight fight
Old February 14, 2003, 21:16   #66
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

Local Time: 20:29
Haha classic thread. Even the people that characteristically defend Eyes seem a leetle p1ssed off right now.

Good stuff.
Old February 14, 2003, 22:45   #67
War4ever
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 11:29
its the way it goes....when he personally attacks people i have known for over four years it pisses me off.....

if he wants to claim being the greatest blah blah blah, thats fine too, but when he just rants like an idiot..i feel the need to stick up for my buddies, whom aren't allowed to verbally abuse back due to their powers....

sometimes i just dn't care and decide to take a chapter out of eye's own book..seeing as he probably thinks hes the god of insults too
Old February 15, 2003, 08:41   #68
DrSpike
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by War4ever
i feel the need to stick up for my buddies, whom aren't allowed to verbally abuse back due to their powers....
Fair enough, but I think Ming is ok either way.
Old February 15, 2003, 12:49   #69
StrategicKingMi
Warlord

As much as HS is right about 1 x 1, lets not get into records as in last 20 or so games we are about even.
I find that the more decisions made by a human in Civ, the human that makes the best decisions will win the game (luck being even of course).
The simple question is, where does a HUMAN MAKE THE MOST DECISIONS PER TURN, 1 X 1 DEITY OR 2 X 2 KING?
Since in 2 x 2 king, u have more production to work with , more citys, more gold, more units to move and thoose units move farther each turn furthur increasing your decision making options.
In 1 x 1 deity, everyone is forced to do the same thing. Must place a warior in a city to prevent revolts. Units move only 1 space per turn. Tech comes so slowly that you make less decisions of which route to take.
Another reason 1 x 1 sucks is time. I played Deitydude in my l;ast, and I mean LAST , 1 x 1 game. I killed him, destroyerd all units he had with in 25 squares of any of my citys. Closed the entire board off from him. Gathered all the huts, which of course gave me techs or barbs that killed more units then he did and I was like 26 turns till monarchy or republic, and thats probably underestimating.
We played for three hours and thier was only a pathic 10 citys on the board 5 of mine, and 5 of his.
I played a game with Robbie a while back and in 3 hours we had 60 citys on the board, we were delivering caravans and doing a tech a turn and fighting every where around the world. The number of decisions to be made a turn were staggering.
And to Dr. Spike who likes to explore boards, yet likes to play 1 x 1 deity, how much money do you make a year? Point is you can do 10 times the exploring in a 2 x 2 game in 30 turns as you can do in 100 of 1 x 1 deity, just play the RIGHT way and go work overtime and pay for that Hawaii vacation.
Old February 15, 2003, 12:59   #70
StrategicKingMi
Warlord

And by the way, I said I have lost one game after 1000 bc (maybe even like 1500 bc but I cant be sure). So Ming if you quote me, get it right and youll seem smarter.
Games with HS rarely last longer then 30 mins cause one side knows they are cooked early.
( When was the last pro-US ralley in Iraq? Doesnt that discredit any anti-US protests in Iraq making it non-news?) Strates got to stop watching CNN......
Old February 15, 2003, 13:24   #71
Six Thousand Year Old Man
Civilization II Succession Games
King

Quote:
Originally posted by obiwan18

*Grabs a beer*

Looks like I missed most of the fireworks. Don't mind me, just a bystander.
Yes, this forum's good for one of these threads every 2 or 3 months... interestingly, about the same length of time a pharmacist will fill a Ritalin prescription for.

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
"A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)
Old February 15, 2003, 13:52   #72
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

So SK... don't you still count those as losses
Is he better than you, or is he just blowing smoke
Old February 15, 2003, 14:35   #73
StrategicKingMi
Warlord

The point of this post is not about me and Sean, its simply trying to enlighten the Backwards players on Apoloyton that 1 x 1 deity is good for them because they are limited players and afraid to play the right way...
Sean and I play radically different settings, kind of hard to play with that much difference. This is exactly why Apoly,,,ers dont play me cause we have radically different setting desirers.
Old February 15, 2003, 14:52   #74
Ming
lifer
Retired

First... there is no "right" way... there are personal preferences, but no "right" way.

Plus... people that only play 2x2x are the limited ones

Technically, the "right" way would be considered the way the game was designed... 1x1x... But I can't stand that any more.
Old February 15, 2003, 14:53   #75
Ming
lifer
Retired

And you never answered the big question... Eyes says he's better than you... is that true... are you really not the best
Old February 15, 2003, 14:57   #76
War4ever
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

strat king x2x2 just means you can build units to search the board faster....and it means you can leave your cities undefended provided you keep your enemy at bay.

thats fine......but we always hear about people and say "i would have won had that explorer not come off the boat and take four undefended cities that turn"

or some other variation of this.....

while battles are not always fought town to town, they are not always fought out in a battlefield either.

leaving cities undefended is just asking for trouble.. regardless the settings.....

and besides, civ isn't a horseman rush game.........it doesnt' take alot of skill to build 30 horsemen and rush/block your opponnent...anyone can do that

and if you have put a block out, i would hope you would work on your infastructure...i mean what else are you going to build, its certainly not anymore units......they are all at the front.

x2x2king just means you can send more units into combat, which is why games end quicker...there are that many more mobile units trekking across the board.

you find people quicker and games end quicker.....

besides, no one said deity games can't end quickly....we just use slightly better units to do it...

instead of horsies, we use pike/cat combos or pike/crusader/elephant , or legion/phalanx etc.....

if i have a couple of hours or less, king x2x2 is fine, but if i want to play for more than 4 hours....i will take x1 movement plus anything else everytime ......

also king level removes one huge element out of your games..... HAPPINESS...... so right there you have lost one major decision that affects all your cities and has a trickle down effect on the whole game
Old February 15, 2003, 15:04   #77
Ming
lifer
Retired

Yeah... heaven forbid they should let happiness problems in their games. But of course, they will claim that it takes strategy out of the game. It actually make you make more decisions... any fool can play without happiness problems. Knowing how to deal with it while still doing everything else you need to do is a skill they are obviously missing...
Old February 15, 2003, 17:32   #78
StrategicKingMi
Warlord

I dont play the way SH does. I like bigger boards. I play accelerated starts on premade boards to avoid early ends to games. I prefer to attack with Clads, destroyers or crusiers. Not to mention cannons. I hate running around with horses to end a game.
Further more, as far as happiness problems, there is no
"strategy" to deal with it. It is set in stone and the same for everyone. Build a temple, build units, raise lux rate etc. Thier is no human mind working against you. Thinking and reacting to what you do. Just a preset limitation that does not change game to game.
Only thing I like about 1 x 1 is the need for irrigation which is lacking in 2 x 2.
Old February 15, 2003, 17:46   #79
StrategicKingMi
Warlord

Do I count thoose early game loses as loses?
Sure i do. Cause I lost...But there is a HUGE difference between losing and getting BEAT! I rarely get out played.
Am I better then HS? Sure I am, I am better then anyone in the world at med-large board 2 x 2 king games.
Is he better then me at small map, large land duels? How can you be. It comes down to luck between anyone with a pulse. (Or, as I have found, time and time again, the host ALWAYS starts with a supurior starting position, so if U host, you win most of the time, I have a whole series of saves stored up that bares this point out vividly, which is why I wont waste my time on random boards)
Old February 15, 2003, 17:56   #80
DrSpike
Deity

How does the host always end up with a better starting position?
Old February 16, 2003, 05:39   #81
Ming
lifer
Retired

The "better" starting postion is based on what the AI considers is a better starting postion. And unless you love food over production and trade, it's not really the better postion
Old February 16, 2003, 07:51   #82
DrSpike
Deity

Well that assumes the host gets placed first. But either way I don't see how hosting guarantees you a better start when we all know 'better' in the AI's opinion is not necessarily what a human would consider good.
Old February 17, 2003, 03:50   #83
Deity Dude
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 15:29
Quote:
Originally posted by StrategicKingMi
Another reason 1 x 1 sucks is time. I played Deitydude in my l;ast, and I mean LAST , 1 x 1 game. I killed him, destroyerd all units he had with in 25 squares of any of my citys. Closed the entire board off from him. Gathered all the huts, which of course gave me techs or barbs that killed more units then he did and I was like 26 turns till monarchy or republic, and thats probably underestimating.
We played for three hours and thier was only a pathic 10 citys on the board 5 of mine, and 5 of his.
As for what is more skillful 2x2x king or 1x1x deity the answer is neither. It's like speed chess vs normal chess, they're different games. But what amazes me is that you keep bringing up this game and blatantly lying about it.

When you resigned I was in Monarchy and about to go to Republic - you were at least 30-40 turns from Monarchy (no exxageration). I was about to build 2 cities on the next turn or 2 you had no settlers. It is true that you destroyed a couple of warriors of mine with an archer you got out of a hut, but that archer was about to be bribed on the next turn. I was way ahead in gold and techs. We played for about 1 hour and 20 mins when you resigned due to your hopeless position. In fact you forfieted right at the time the game was about to get real ugly. You saying you were winning that game is like the Lions saying they had a winning season last year.

Get over it Strat, you were gonna get killed so you quit. It's OK. It's not the end of the world.

Now, as I said the last time you started this crap; I'm willing to drop it if you are, but if you are gonna keep these lies up I will respond.

As for Eyes, no one need comment. Reading his posts tells us all everything we need to know. It's amusing that this time hes going after the moderators when they are the ones who always defended his crap.

And lets remember for all his talk, everytime I have challenged Eyes in this forum he has ducked it. His usual excuse is that I'm not worthy of getting beaten by him. Yet in our 2 games we have an even record. He beat me in a 2x2x king match with his standard 3800bc capital rush. In a 2x1x king rematch he quit in 1800bc (in a losing position) claiming bad land. That makes us even. If we are to believe his posts (which I do not) that makes me his most worthy opponent since he claims to beat everyone else at least 90-100% of the time.
Old February 17, 2003, 21:54   #84
War4ever
Emperor

actually my record with Sean is just as good....with way more games played...

and Raz has a winning record against him
Old February 18, 2003, 17:45   #85
Hydey
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 05:29
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by War4ever
actually my record with Sean is just as good....with way more games played...

and Raz has a winning record against him
Please don't count games where you had any luck at all
It defeats the purpose of only counting games you win

Hydey the no-limits man. :(
Old February 18, 2003, 18:04   #86
HappySunShine
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization II Multiplayer
Warlord

Amazing how much **** you talk war and boast such a great record yet you refuse to play. You've always been a ****ing loser and no amount of lying will ever change that.
Old February 18, 2003, 19:22   #87
rah
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Just another peon

Quote:
Originally posted by rah
Yes, I really would like a straight answer to the question of when exactly was the last time he played.
Still waiting.
Old February 18, 2003, 20:48   #88
Ming
lifer
Retired

How to be a "THE GREATEST CIV PLAYER IN THE WORLD"
As can be written just by reading the fine forums at Apolyton

1) If you get off to a bad start, no matter what the reason, just quit and say you didn't really lose.

2) Never mention when other people actually beat you

3) If somebody does beat you, just claim that the settings they made you play on are only for idiots and morons, and claim you could have beaten the person on the settings of your choice

4) And if that doesn't work... call them a **** loser and accuse them of lying.

5) Any time you lose, just say it was bad luck and not really a loss. If you win, always claim it was skill, and not your opponents bad luck

6) If all else fails... cheat.

So there you have it. You too can be an instant expert at civ. And the best part about it is, you don't even really need any actual skill

*this message brought to you by The Apolyton Get a Life Foundation*
Old February 18, 2003, 21:02   #89
War4ever
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by HappySunShine
Amazing how much **** you talk war and boast such a great record yet you refuse to play. You've always been a ****ing loser and no amount of lying will ever change that.
a 50-50 record isn't great, but against someone as GREAT as you sean

all of this coming from a guy who doesn't seem to want to authorize me to his icq to play.....

ah right, b/c you get new numbers all the time its too much hassle
Old February 18, 2003, 23:17   #90
HappySunShine
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization II Multiplayer
Warlord

I already authorized you moron. I await your next lame attempt at an excuse.