Old March 7, 2005, 18:22   #271
DeepO
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 21:33
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Oops, sorry. Misunderstood that. Vox certainly had the most dangerous unit, yes...

DeepO
DeepO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7, 2005, 19:49   #272
bischop
C3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Chieftain

Local Time: 19:33
Quote:
Originally posted by Togas
#
Bischop, "I didn't get to kill any roleplayers last time."

Bischop, "I can't wait! Let's start the genocide NOW. I want to drive a tank! This could be fun. I've never smashed a city before! Maybe I can see some RP kiddies cry before I kill them!"

end of transcript
hi togas i think you are perhaps you are a bit more right you know in the the german cv forum some called me "kriegstreiber" if you translate it you know the meaning but it`s just of the way i play my pbems

Last edited by bischop; March 8, 2005 at 04:23.
bischop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8, 2005, 02:13   #273
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 13:33
Quote:
Originally posted by Rhothaerill

That...and a bit of teamwide vacillation. I joined Vox right after the GS war, but I read some of the back history threads. There was just a bit too much fear, I guess, of the reputation of the "strat forum" team. If the hesitation hadn't been there, the world might have been a different place, but who knows...
You (or I, I should say) may also thank a black map.

You had immortals camped on a mountain 2 tiles from Hurricane for 300 years, but your generals never knew what lay just over the next hill.

Had Vox had a map from day 1, that invasion would have gone a lot differently, no doubt.
notyoueither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8, 2005, 02:28   #274
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Horses might have been good for hit and run stalling operations but against an Immortal force like the one which was unleashed agaisnt GS, those horsies would have been worth squat.

ND was likely stronger than us back then, with mostly swordsmen (I don't recall GoW ever building a swordsman... hahaha). RP was probably about as strong as ND but due to distance would have been hard pressed to offer serious contributions in time.

Vox would have won in an invasion of Bob IMO.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Master Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8, 2005, 04:00   #275
Hot_Enamel
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 06:33
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Master Zen
I don't recall GoW ever building a swordsman... hahaha
GoW didnt have any iron.
Old March 8, 2005, 04:32   #276
Aeson
Emperor

I think Vox ended up doing what they had to do given the circumstances. GS and Vox relations weren't very good even though we had a tech sharing agreement and had agreed on a border early on. GS didn't offer any real support for Vox on Bob, and Vox was doomed to insignificance if they just took what the map generator had given them.

I had been running up simulations of how much we could hit Vox with, and how soon, well before Vox invaded us. GS at the time was more looking towards invading RP than Vox though. My conclusion was if we triggered a Pyramids GA we could take out Vox on our way to RP (without the Lighthouse we had to sail that way anyways), rather easily if Vox was involved on Bob. Whether we wanted to or not wasn't ever decided.

Hard to say what would have happened had Vox sent it's Immortals to Bob. GS might have used the opportunity to hit RP while GoW and ND were busy, but a nearly empty Estonia would have been hard to pass up on the way.
Old March 8, 2005, 05:36   #277
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Judging by bischop's battle report, it seems ND is trying to piss everybody off.
notyoueither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8, 2005, 07:10   #278
Krill
lifer
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The GooniesC4BtSDG TemplarsC4BtSDG ImperioC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4BtSDG Team BananaC4BtSDG Realms BeyondC3CDG Ankh-Morpork
Deity

Local Time: 20:33
nm

Last edited by Krill; April 19, 2005 at 17:39.
Krill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8, 2005, 12:46   #279
bischop
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither
Judging by bischop's battle report, it seems ND is trying to piss everybody off.

what is now wrong with the design of the battle report ??

help me please to find the right design i am new in the business you know !
bischop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8, 2005, 13:34   #280
Krill
lifer
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The GooniesC4BtSDG TemplarsC4BtSDG ImperioC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4BtSDG Team BananaC4BtSDG Realms BeyondC3CDG Ankh-Morpork
Deity

That is great now. Thank you
Old March 8, 2005, 13:36   #281
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Quote:
It made ME laugh...

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old March 8, 2005, 13:38   #282
zerialienguru
PtWDG Neu DemogypticaC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Warlord

Quote:
Please use other threads for your senseless spamming

Quote:
Originally posted by MZ
ND was likely stronger than us back then, with mostly swordsmen
Uh, we had about five swordsmen i think, a small upgrade.
zerialienguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8, 2005, 15:30   #283
Master Zen
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Hot_Enamel

GoW didnt have any iron.
Oh yeah that's right!

How on earth did we get so far without THE most crucial resource in the game?

Old March 8, 2005, 15:42   #284
Krill
lifer
Deity

You had an noble neighbour who thankfully sacrificed himself by drawing the attention of your neighbour who did have iron, so that you would have chance of winning the game...
Old March 8, 2005, 15:46   #285
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 12:33
Quote:
Originally posted by Krill
You had an noble neighbour who thankfully sacrificed himself by drawing the attention of your neighbour who did have iron, so that you would have chance of winning the game...

Either that or they thought, "Hey, this team is run by GhengisFarb. They'll be a pansy team later on so we should eliminate the true threat now and remove them later."

Rhothaerill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8, 2005, 15:50   #286
Krill
lifer
Deity

I think we ought to move the past few (30?) posts intoo the disscussion thread...There is just too much spam here...
Old April 29, 2005, 03:26   #287
Tek_Rebell
Chieftain

Hi GS !

In the name of ND I would like to thank you for the offer you send us last turn ( 1350ad ), because of the outstanding Gold from our last Tech Deal.

The delay was because of missunderstandings and we are not angry about that it wasn´t paid before the war started.

We find you act as a honorable team.
You tried many ways to pay the outstanding Gold, although we have a complete different situation in the game.

This kind of things makes this game unique and give them a lot of fun compared to other games.

Thanks for that.

Regards
ND
Tek_Rebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2005, 06:19   #288
Master Zen
Deity

For the record, GS had sent us the gold a couple of turns before so we would send it to ND.

Alas, they didn't tell us at the time what that gold was for so we thought it was a mistake and sent it back.

Old May 30, 2005, 07:29   #289
AroSch
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Warlord

This is a little story, aditional to our last battle report. Sorry, this is in german only. I'm afraid my english isn't good enogh to translate it propperly.

Ali-Ibn-Bishop weilte in der neu errrichteten Sommerfrische Neu Demogypticas, in Tek-Rebellistan-Strand. Er glaubte sich weit weg vom Kriegsgeschehen und ging am späten Nachmittag nocheinmal ins Meer um sich nach der Hitze des Mittags zu erfrischen. Nach dem Bad ließ er sich auf seinem aufblasbaren Gummidiwan treiben und sich die Sonne auf den Bauch scheinen. Es war angenehm warm und so döste Ibn-Bishop ein und sein Gummidiwan trieb mit ihm auf das offene Meer hinaus. Gemächlich schaukelte er dahin und die Meeresströmung schob ihn immer weiter in den aufkommenden Nebel (des Krieges) hinaus.

Ein Arlarm seiner Armbanduhr weckte Ali-Ibn und er mußte erschreckt feststellen, dass es - wie in diesen Breiten üblich - schnell und ziemlich plötzlich dunkel geworden war während er irgendwo auf dem offenen Meer dahintrieb. Zu dumm, dass er nicht daran gedacht hatte. Doch für Ibn-Ali war das normalerweise kein Problem, denn er ist nicht umsonst Seiner demokratischen Majestät, Sultan Omar, bester Geheimagent, Agent 00815. Das in seiner Taucher-Uhr integrierte APBS (das Allahgestützte Postions-Bestimmungs-System) ermöglichte ihm, festzustellen wo er sich befand. Normalerweise. Doch da war ja noch etwas... die Uhr hatte Vibrationsarlarm gegeben. Und sie hatte blau geschimmert - es mussten GS-Truppen in der Nähe sein!

Er schaltete sein Gummidiwan auf durchsichtig und blickte sich aufmerksam um. Und tatsächlich - rings um ihn herum hoben sich dunkle Schatten von Orcs *Schnitt, Falscher Film!*... dunkle Schatten von riesigen Schiffen vom Hintergrund des Sternenhimmels ab. Das wasserfeste Handbuch für Hobby-Nautiker, welches er dem Geheimfach im Gummidiwan entnahm, sagte ihm, dass die Schiffe, welche zu den Schatten gehörten, auf keinen Fall Neu-Demogypischer Herkunft waren. Bei dieser Feststellung wurde ihm heiß und kalt, waren das etwa alles GS-Schiffe? Hatte ihn Allah mitten in eine ankommende GS-Flotte getrieben? Es war kaum vorstellbar, ausgerechnet hier soviel schwimmendes Kriegsgerät auf einem Haufen zu sehen, es war ein Wunder, dass er nicht entdeckt worden war. Die GS-Schiffe fühlten sich anscheinend so dicht vor der Küste Neu Neu Demogypticas (Ex Süd-Legoland) ziemlich sicher, wie sonst war eine Annäherung etlicher Transporter und diverser Kriegsschiffe ohne weiteren Geleitschutz zu deuten? Ali-Ibn überlegte nicht lange, sondern handelte sofort. Nur er konnte Neu Demogptica jetzt retten und die drohende Anlandung verhindern, zum Arlamieren der Flotte war es zu spät. Es gab nur eines, was er tun konnte und so tat er es. Er machte seinen Gimmidiwan scharf. Er würde nach Hause schwimmen müssen. Langsam ließ er sich von dem Diwan ins Wasser gleiten und gab dem Gerät einen Stoß, so dass es auf das riesige Schlachtschiff im Zentrum der Flottenansammlung zulief...

Die Zeit lief endlos langsam. Er blickte auf die Uhr, längst hätte das Gummiding sein Ziel erreicht haben müssen. Hatte die neue Zündung versagt? Oder war die Gefahr auf den Schiffen bemerkt worden und man hatte die Luft aus dem Gefährt gelassen? Nocheinmal sah er auf die Uhr. Wahrscheinlich musste sich Ali-Ibn etwas neues Einfallen lassen. Vielleicht sollte er sein im Bund der Badehose eingenähtes Schweizer Spezialmesser benutzen und sich im Schutze der Nacht an die Schiffe einzeln heranwagen um alle Schrauben abschzurauben? Plötzlich geschah es. Ein gewaltiger Blitz zerfetzte die Dunkelheit und eine riesige Druckwelle raste auf Ibn-Bishop zu. Geistesgegenwärtig hatte er gerade seine Sonnenbrille noch auf "Strahlenschutz" stellen können bevor ihn die erste Welle erreichte und mit sich fortriss...

Stunden später errichte er erschöpft und ganz aufgeweicht Tek-Rebellistan-Strand. Doch er wäre kein Geheimagent, wenn er sich nun anmerken ließe, dass er gerade die Freie Arabaische Welt vor dem Untergang oder doch zumindest vor schweren Kampfhandlungen bewahrt hatte. Also schüttelte er seine Erschöpfung ab, zog seine Klamotten wieder an und ging zur nächsten Strandbar um eine Begleitung für 1001 Nacht zu finden und um einen Tanaka zu bestellen - natürlich geschüttelt, nicht gerührt.
Old May 30, 2005, 08:53   #290
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Damn! Anybody see Sir Ralph to translate?
Donegeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2005, 09:17   #291
AroSch
Warlord

There will come a translation very soon.
Old May 30, 2005, 09:39   #292
erik1112
Settler

Translation of the story:

Ali-Ibn-Bishop relaxed in the newly-founded summer-residence of New Demogyptica, in Tek-Rebellistan-Beach. He believed to be far away from the war and so in the afternoon he went once more into the water to cool down from the glaring sun. After this refreshing bath he lay down in his inflatable rubber-diwan and let the waves carry him while the sun shone onto his belly. Since it was nice and warm and he was tired from swimming he dosed off while his rubber-diwan carried him out to the ocean, towards the upcoming fog (of war).

The alarm of his watch woke him up and he realized with a start that it had -like always in this region- become dark all of a sudden and he was floating somewhere on the open sea. How could he let himself forget about that? But such a trivial matter was normally not a problem for Ibn-Ali, for he was also -not without reason- agent 00815, Sultan Omars best special agent. The ABPS (allah-based-positioning-system), in his watch allowed him to determine his exact location. Normally. But there was something strange... his watch had also vibrated and given off a blue shimmer... there had to be GS-military in the neighborhood!

He switched his rubber-diwan to invisibility-mode and took a thorough look around, peering into the darkness. And indeed - all around himself there were dark shadows of really big ships on the horizon. His waterproof handbook for hobby-nautics, which he took out of a secret compartmend of his diwan told him that the ships could no way be of New-Demogyptic origin. At this relevation he felt cold shivers running down his spine. Could all these ships be GS-ships? Had Allah himself let him float right into the heart of GS´ fleet? It was incredible to find so much floating war material right here of all places! It had to be a wonder that he hadn´t been spotted! The fleet of GS seemed to feel pretty safe right before the coast of "New" New Demogyptica (Ex-Legoland), or why else was this fleet of transporters and some other warships not better protected?

Ali-Ibn did not bother with further speculating, he acted. Immediately. He was the only one who could protect New Demogyptica and prevent the invasion. It was way too late to alert the fleet. There was only ONE THING that he could do now - so he did it. He armed the self-destruct of his rubber-diwan. He would have to swim back home. Slowly he let himself slide into the water and gave the diwan a shove towards the mighty battleship right in the center of the fleet...

Time seemed to crawl. He glanced at his watch, the diwan had had to reach his target some time ago. Had the self-destruct failed? Or had it been spotted and deflated? Once again he looked at his watch. It seemed that he hat to switch to plan B. But what was plan B? Perhaps he should take his Swiss special knive -sewn into his swimming pants- and screw off all propellers of the fleet - protected by the darkness? But then a sudden flash lifted the darkness and a mighty pressure wave raced towards Ibn Bishop. He had barely time to switch his sunglasses to "radiation protect" mode before the first wave hit him and carried him away...

Many hours later he reached -totally exhausted and thouroughly drenched- Tek-Rebellistan-Beach. But he could not call himself secret agent if he let himself show that he had just saved the free arabic world from sure doom or at least a bloody war. So he shrugged off his exhaustion, put on his clothes and went to the next beach-bar to find an "escort" for this evenings beach party "1001 nights" and to order a Tanaka - shaken, not stirred - of course.
erik1112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2005, 09:40   #293
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Hmm... spy stuff...

Seems we were right to be so paranoid!

Last edited by Donegeal; May 30, 2005 at 09:46.
Donegeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2005, 09:41   #294
AroSch
Warlord

[edit]oups.[/edit]