Old February 14, 2003, 17:53   #31
OliverFA
PtWDG RoleplaySpanish CiversInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesCiv4 SP Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 21:33
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by [DG]helios
He leaves behind his three wifes, his eight children and even two grandchildren. It is such a tragedy...
Three wifes? But... but... our Great Priest only allows us to have ONE wife!

Thar's not fair!
Old February 14, 2003, 17:53   #32
OliverFA
PtWDG RoleplaySpanish CiversInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesCiv4 SP Democracy Game
King

Edit: Double post

Last edited by OliverFA; February 14, 2003 at 18:24.
OliverFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2003, 18:16   #33
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Do they allow two posts?

Seriously though, I am very sorry for your loss. I hope that the future brings good fortune to both ND and Lux.
- Phantom of the Opera
Shiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2003, 18:21   #34
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 15:33
No, the Great Priest only allows one wife PER HOUSEHOLD. All you have to do to have more wives is simply have more house's. Simple, no. However, I do pitty the man that has more than one. With all the trouble one can cause, imagine what a Flock of them could do.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
GodKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2003, 20:27   #35
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 19:33
What on earth are you talking about GK? My wife happens to be very understanding and allows me to have..... Yes Dear! On my way!.... Awe crap! Forget it.
Donegeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15, 2003, 14:33   #36
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 13:33
It's now OFFICIALLY
LUX Season!

Crud, and we're fighting for free? What kind of mercenaries are we?
GhengisFarb™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15, 2003, 15:13   #37
Tiberius
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Some charity doesn't hurt from time to time, even for mercenaries.
--Woody Allen
Tiberius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15, 2003, 15:40   #38
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Tiberius
Some charity doesn't hurt from time to time, even for mercenaries.
That's it, Community Service.
Old February 15, 2003, 17:43   #39
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 14:33
Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
It's now OFFICIALLY
LUX Season!

Crud, and we're fighting for free? What kind of mercenaries are we?
Well, there's an anti-climax...

The GoW vultures have been visibly circling the Lux Invicta corspe for several days now.

Did anyone seriously not see this coming?

Oh, right...

Last edited by Arnelos; February 15, 2003 at 18:08.
Arnelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15, 2003, 18:58   #40
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Hey...this isn't the trash talking thread...or did Markos rename the forum "Talk Trash Here!"...?

As for those at war, I feel sorry for you all that you are not enlightened like my alien superiors. What, Nikob? I'm not supposed to say that? Where are you taking me?

Old February 15, 2003, 20:22   #41
Tiberius
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by mrmitchell
Hey...this isn't the trash talking thread...or did Markos rename the forum "Talk Trash Here!"...?
In case you didn't notice, we're trash talking wherever we can; except for the Trash Talking thread, that is What's the fun in trash talking in a trash talking thread?
--Woody Allen
Tiberius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16, 2003, 01:15   #42
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos

Did anyone seriously not see this coming?
I didn't, I seriously did not see Trip breaking a treaty with us when they were already at war against a much larger military.

You're telling me you knew he would do that?
Old February 16, 2003, 01:26   #43
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
Screenshots?

(I know that's a seemingly ridiculous request, but really, why not?)
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Theseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16, 2003, 07:31   #44
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Theseus
Screenshots?

(I know that's a seemingly ridiculous request, but really, why not?)
Anybody got a problem with us posting the little mini shot of the Sea of Swords at the gates of the city of Regio?

ND showed up with this huge stack of units right next to the Lux city of Regio. Regio immeditiately razed itself and the units moved on to raze the next Lux city. Trip's defiant reply to the Neu Dem forces: "You just keep bringing it! We shall raze all our cities before you! Quick! Disband our Spearmen!"

FACTOID: Trip has razed more Lux cities than all the other civs in the game combined.

Picture of the Neu Demo forces outside Regio, right before the Lux forces burn Regio to the ground (by the way, it took 28 years for Lux to burn their city, the New Dem forces politely waited for them to finish before they attacked).
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	battleatregio.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	37111  
Old February 16, 2003, 08:16   #45
Darekill
PtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Prince

Local Time: 20:33
looooool !

Our troops were conducting some manouvers on our own territory imagin their surprise when Lux started to demolish their own city!
Old February 16, 2003, 09:53   #46
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Ahh, so it wasn't just a gesture...
alva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16, 2003, 10:07   #47
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

I would think it is up to Lux and ND to post actual screenshots as they are the only ones there, I have some forwarded shots from them but I don't feel comfortable posting those since they aren't actually from GoW's screen.
Old February 16, 2003, 11:57   #48
CiverDan
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Lux InvictaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Roleplay
Prince

Maneuvers??...lol..True you were technically in your own territory, but I don't think anyone would consider that a defensive posture...
Old February 16, 2003, 12:07   #49
Darekill
PtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Prince

Local Time: 20:33
Well you know there were so many wolfes in that forest and mushrooms too and so we decided to celebrate a greet the twin city picnick. Little did we know about the weak nerves of the luxian people they showed good nerves when penetrating our country and haunting our settlers so we did not belive that you would run away......
Old February 16, 2003, 13:43   #50
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

SIgh, I told them not to demolish the city, but I posted in the thread 2 days after they demolished it..
Old February 16, 2003, 14:20   #51
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Trip
Since this team seems to love diplomacy, maybe they can explain this?

trip what about the friendly PM we recieved from NDE before we recieved our turn?

Quote:
By the way we are currently conducting some manouvers on our own Territory......
C'mon its ok.. take a deep breath and say it loud... There's no need to hide behind veil of diplomacy now. People don't send a message of hatred, threat and promise to doom just before conducting a field practice near foreign territory. That's like a woman telling you no but she really means yes... thats damn right confusing and you know it!

(By the way I wasnt referring to sex... really it applies to virtually everything.)

Last edited by Zero; February 16, 2003 at 14:26.
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16, 2003, 15:17   #52
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb

I didn't, I seriously did not see Trip breaking a treaty with us when they were already at war against a much larger military.

You're telling me you knew he would do that?
Need I remind you that we are talking about someone clearly devoid of a survival instinct?

It was only a matter of time until the next bubble burst... I was just hoping it would take longer, because I'd like to see Lux Invicta survive this mess
Arnelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16, 2003, 15:25   #53
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

It's an interesting story how GF twisted Lux not giving GoW Mysticism for free into a casus belli. Maybe I'll elaborate sometime.
Jon Shafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16, 2003, 16:56   #54
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Its interesting that Trip twisted the trade that GoW and Lux had agreed upon to Lux giving mysticism to GoW for nothing. Maybe I won't elaborate sometime.
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Panzer32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16, 2003, 16:59   #55
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta

Let's see, you wanted Lux to give you Mysticism in advance for free, then you would give us Math in return for free, correct? Any comment as to where you would have gotten Math from?
Old February 16, 2003, 18:31   #56
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Quote:
Any comment as to where you would have gotten Math from?
we have our sources...

actually, I think I am free to tell you, but I'm not 100% sure... GF?

math would have come within 2 or so turns.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old February 16, 2003, 20:52   #57
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Trip
Let's see, you wanted Lux to give you Mysticism in advance for free, then you would give us Math in return for free, correct? Any comment as to where you would have gotten Math from?
Everyone was fully aware of the fact that we were getting Mathematics from ND, ND knew we were trading it to you there was nothing secret about it, both you and ND didn't want to trade with one another and we were serving as the middle man by trading the techs betrween your two civs.

Why you absolutely refused to recieve Mathematics and break the Treaty you PERSONALLY wrote and twisted to your own ends is your business.
Old February 16, 2003, 20:56   #58
Jon Shafer

If you were actually going to support us in a war against ND, then I fail to see how you would get Math. That is, unless your comment about how "GoW was the only team that was legitimately offering to fight with [Lux]" is false.

The treaty which we sent you with certain terms, and you sent back with changes that we never agreed to is another matter.
Old February 16, 2003, 22:19   #59
Panzer32
Emperor

[/quote]The treaty which we sent you with certain terms, and you sent back with changes that we never agreed to is another matter[/quote]

umm? Do you mind elaborating?
---------
May God Bless.
Old February 16, 2003, 22:33   #60
Jon Shafer

We'd written up a treaty to deal with Mysticism/Math and how to deal with trading HBR to RP for Writing. We laid out general terms in the chatroom, then sent an official copy via PM to GoW. GF then sent it back with the word "agreed", despite the fact that he had changed the document. We never replied, agreeing to this altered document, meaning there was no binding agreement. Despite how much GF might argue that we tried to 'trick GoW' or to 'twist things in favor of Lux', there is no substance to his comments... As I've said though, I have to give credit to him for doing a good job of inventing a reason to go to war.