Old March 6, 2003, 16:20   #91
Darekill
PtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Prince

Local Time: 20:33
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Well Lux victim invaded our country, killed a Scout, dented severall Swordsman and declared War on us. I'd say that was sort of an aggression!
Old March 6, 2003, 16:53   #92
ZargonX
PtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 MorganC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsBtS Tri-LeagueApolyton UniversityPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's Union
Emperor

Local Time: 15:33
Quote:
Well Lux victim invaded our country, killed a Scout, dented severall Swordsman and declared War on us. I'd say that was sort of an aggression!
Ah, well, that would do it, then.
ZargonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6, 2003, 17:19   #93
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Local Time: 13:33
Maybe if a certain team didn't use our scouting as an excuse to be provoked and build up a force that was inevitably going to attack us...
ixnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7, 2003, 02:10   #94
Darekill
Prince

Maybe if a certain Team would have headed our intensiv warnings not to cross our country.....
Old March 7, 2003, 03:18   #95
Tiberius
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 21:33
This is why we shouldn't let Lux members join other teams immediately. They will carry their resentments in the new teams, building new tensions and conflicts, even if not voluntarily.

A cool off period would have been necessary ...
--Woody Allen
Tiberius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7, 2003, 05:41   #96
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 14:33
Boy... Darekill would sure love to read the discussion in the Apolyton ISDG forum about this subject, wouldn't he?

Trust me...

Poor Lux has been getting enough of a lashing on this and several related topics from the rest of us... there's no more need for continued lashing from you guys...

I think they've been duly humbled enough
Arnelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7, 2003, 05:52   #97
Darekill
Prince

I wont bash Lux anymore. But well i had to answer. I just couldn't help it but answer to the posts.

But that is history now and i wont bring it up anymore.
Old March 7, 2003, 08:52   #98
[DG]mav_son
PtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Chieftain

Local Time: 19:33
There has never taken place a war between Lux and ND! This is a lie!!
[DG]mav_son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24, 2003, 13:59   #99
Darekill
Prince

Official Declaration of War at Vox Controlli

I'm sorry to tell the community that i have no other choice but to declare war on Vox Controlli

We have warned them in many ways not to settle on our continent borconia. We thought we would have come to an agreement at this point. We were very surprised and upset to see that Vox have foundet West Wittlich on borconia though they told us two days ago they would not do this.

We are no fools and we do what we say. If we say we will not attack we will not attack. If we say we give you a tech you get that tech. We are honest.

We told you we would declare war if you settle on borconia. You did it, we do it!
Old March 26, 2003, 19:37   #100
Admiral PJ
PtWDG Lux Invicta
Prince

It looks like NDE are a warmongering civ, if they don't get their way they attack you.
We at Lux tried to communicate with you NDE, but you wouldn't be reasonable.

I would not be biased and want to go to war with NDE when i join another team, most of us like to play the game realistically, in a new team I would be doing what is best for the new civilisation team.. it is only a game I am not that worried that Lux was beaten.

It would be nice to join another team soon, I have good millitary and strategic planning skills.

Maybe all lux invicta should join NDE
then we cannot be against NDE, unless we attack you from the inside

AdmiralPJ,
Ex Lux Invicta foreign minister (i still need more training as a forieng minister hehe)
Admiral PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27, 2003, 02:11   #101
Darekill
Prince

We are Warmongers?

Well look at it we live since the start of the game quite peaceful with our neighbors to the south and the north.

Ask them wether or not they ever feelt threatened by ND.

Your team showed some very strange behaviour concerning things like accepting cultural borders or even just listen to warnings that were spoken out in a very clear voice. The same aplies to Vox right now.

If it is that what you call a warmonger well then you are right then we are warmongers. We do what we say. If we say that we will keep peace we keep it if we say we go to war over some issue we do that too.

Neu Demogyptica is not a nation to fool around with we will allways do what we feel is in the best interest of our nation. We'd like to have peace all the way but if need be we go to war!
Old March 27, 2003, 07:22   #102
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 07:33
Local Date: November 2, 2010
In ND's defence, ESPECIALLY for any Vox citizens who read this, Vox's incursion onto the land of Bob was condemned by ALL of the civs there, and we requested that you leave as a demonstration of good faith. This was ignored, and in fact Vox further defied International will by building a city.

As nations that were faced with an external threat, four on the same continent made the place seem very small. It is small wonder that someone has declared war.

Vox, please look at your handling of this matter. If you wished to stay at peace then invading a land full of nations was clearly the wrong way to go about it. Whatever your beliefs, the very reactions from ND, GoW and RP should be enough to convince you that we take this very seriously.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
MrWhereItsAt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27, 2003, 08:26   #103
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Darekill

Your team showed some very strange behaviour concerning things like accepting cultural borders or even just listen to warnings that were spoken out in a very clear voice. The same aplies to Vox right now.
As life is cooling off right now, I hate to crank up the heat again - but, we never even came close to anyone's cultural borders, and your warnings to stay off a continent that clearly has more than enough space - in deed the original game started 4 civs on that continent - are more based on greed than any snese of fairness or entitlement.
Old March 27, 2003, 08:50   #104
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 07:33
So do you need the land? If so then surely asking before all this happened would have been the best course of action, in hindsight? We are not unreasonable, and cooperation is the best way to go for us all right now. Doesn't it say something to Vox that 3 teams with opposing agends have come together on this issue?

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
MrWhereItsAt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27, 2003, 08:56   #105
Hot_Enamel
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 06:33
Quote:
Originally posted by BetaHound
As life is cooling off right now, I hate to crank up the heat again - but, we never even came close to anyone's cultural borders, and your warnings to stay off a continent that clearly has more than enough space - in deed the original game started 4 civs on that continent - are more based on greed than any snese of fairness or entitlement.
Are you saying the the game fairly distributed land then ?

That Bob should have 4 civs ?
That Not Bob should only contain 1 civ (Lego) ?

The game distributed the teams unevenly. Just because Bob started with 4, doesn't mean it can support 4.
Old March 27, 2003, 11:30   #106
nbarclay
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

[Deleted due to duplication]

Last edited by nbarclay; March 27, 2003 at 11:48.
nbarclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27, 2003, 11:47   #107
[DG]mav_son
PtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by nbarclay

Can you folks honestly say that Vox would have been allowed to settle if they had asked first? Or would their asking just have created a situation where you would be saying, "We told you not to settle here," even louder than you are now?

Nor do I see much merit in the "three teams have come together" argument. Yes, it means something in terms of ability to project military force, but the fact that three civs band together due to a mutual self-interest in avoiding competition for land conveys no special moral authority that I can see.
OK, we "invade" Your continent with all our settlers!!
Old March 27, 2003, 11:48   #108
nbarclay
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
So do you need the land? If so then surely asking before all this happened would have been the best course of action, in hindsight? We are not unreasonable, and cooperation is the best way to go for us all right now. Doesn't it say something to Vox that 3 teams with opposing agends have come together on this issue?
Can you folks honestly say that Vox would have been allowed to settle if they had asked first? Or would their asking just have created a situation where you would be saying, "We told you not to settle here," even louder than you are now?

Nor do I see much merit in the "three teams have come together" argument. Yes, it means something in terms of ability to project military force, but the fact that three civs band together due to a mutual self-interest in avoiding competition for land conveys no special moral authority that I can see.

Regarding the fairness of land distribution (as brought up by Hot_Enamel), a lot depends on the size of the continents involved. Do you have any reason to think Bob isn't at least one and a half times the size of Estonia, considering that four civs started there and only two here?
Old March 27, 2003, 11:51   #109
nbarclay
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by [DG]mav_son

OK, we "invade" Your continent with all our settlers!!
Can you make a case that you're just settling the best, lowest-corruption land available to you? I didn't think so.
Old March 27, 2003, 13:11   #110
Aeson
Emperor

Quote:
The game distributed the teams unevenly. Just because Bob started with 4, doesn't mean it can support 4.
Yah... 5 isn't 4.

We should consult F11... I'm betting Vox is dead last in land area, aside from Lux of course! I haven't seen Vox's land, but I can tell enough to know they got screwed by the RNG putting those straights there.

BOB is well endowed with land... Not all 'continents' are created equal. Maybe a BOB civ would care to trade homelands with Vox? :LOL:
Old March 27, 2003, 13:16   #111
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Thank-you for your arguments Nathan. Your Voxian neighbours appreciate the moral and intellectual support. But it is now a moot point - and agreement has been reached - the city 'sold' - and all but one of our troops have left the continent, and he will do so next turn.
Old March 28, 2003, 03:14   #112
Thrumble
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEM
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Aeson
BOB is well endowed... Not all 'continents' are created equal. LOL:
True, as are its inhabitants......
Thrumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28, 2003, 07:19   #113
Aeson
Emperor

I can quote things out of context too!

Quote:
Originally posted by Aeson
BOB is well endowed...
Quote:
Originally posted by Thrumble
as
Quote:
its
Quote:
inhabitants
Quote:
are
Quote:
BOB is well endowed... as it's inhabitants are...

What makes something well endowed again?
Old March 28, 2003, 20:54   #114
HarryH
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG2 Sunshine
King

Local Time: 11:33
Quote:
We should consult F11... I'm betting Vox is dead last in land area, aside from Lux of course! I haven't seen Vox's land, but I can tell enough to know they got screwed by the RNG putting those straights there.
We are. That city was right on the edge of our border and relatively close to our capital. A natural place to expand.
HarryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29, 2003, 02:16   #115
Darekill
Prince

The city that is called Port isolation is on a Land that is claimed by Neu Demogyptica. What is GoW going to do about it. Ever considered in donating it to us? We are not amused.
Old March 29, 2003, 03:19   #116
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 12:33
Darekill - How I just LOVE ND diplomacy: You ask (nay, DEMAND) the moon and offer nothing in exchange.

Just for "grins and giggles," what would ND offer GoW for this key peace of real estate? Hmmm?
Old March 29, 2003, 04:25   #117
Darekill
Prince

Did i ever say i'd be a diplomat? I must have been mistaken. I'm not. What we offer is friendship and something the world does not necesarily need to know
Old March 29, 2003, 11:08   #118
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:

True, as are its inhabitants......
Must be something in the water.

Quote:
Originally posted by Darekill
The city that is called Port isolation is on a Land that is claimed by Neu Demogyptica. What is GoW going to do about it. Ever considered in donating it to us? We are not amused.
The city is being disbanded in order to remove it from ND's rightful territory, However since we are in a Despotism we only have the Pop Rush available to rush build projects and it is currently a size one city.
GhengisFarb™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5, 2003, 11:33   #119
DeepO
Emperor

Local Time: 21:33
I just checked the foreign office that started this thread, and couldn't help but notice it is terribly out of date. The war with Vox hasn't been mentioned, and I wonder who you had public NAPs with... Is the information on it still accurate? Has this page stopped to be supported? I liked the idea, and am sorry to see it go...

DeepO
DeepO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8, 2003, 02:24   #120
[DG]mav_son
PtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Chieftain

Short Public Announcement:

Governeur Darekill resigned the last weekend and mav_son is the new elected Governeur of Neu Demogyptica.