Old April 8, 2003, 10:14   #121
mjmacy
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 13:33
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I hope you are a little more reasonable than Darekill
"Do not honour the worthy, And the people will not compete. Do not value rare treasures, And people will not steal. Do not display what people want, And the people will not have their hearts confused. A sage governs this way: He empties peoples minds and fills their bellies. He weakens their wills and strengthens their bone. Keep the people always without knowledge and without desires, For then the clever will not dare act. Engage in no action and order will prevail."-Loazi "The Classic of The Way and Its Powers"
mjmacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8, 2003, 10:49   #122
[DG]mav_son
PtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Chieftain

Local Time: 19:33
Quote:
Originally posted by mjmacy
I hope you are a little more reasonable than Darekill
Don't offend our teammembers or You get some mail from our laywers...

By the way:
Darekill is in ND a respected man and counted to the pigeon-fraction.....
[DG]mav_son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16, 2003, 01:31   #123
Darekill
PtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Prince

Local Time: 20:33
Declaration of War

With deep regrets i must tell the people of Spain that from this turn on the Republic of Neu Demogyptica and the Monarchy of Spain are in a state of War.

There will be no cheap excuse for this. Very early in our history we were trying hard to find a satisfactioning bordersolution for both nations. Spain did not listen to us. Just like Lux Invictica they didn't care about our wishes and tried to have it their way. This was the reason we were looking to solve the Problem in our way.

I'm well aware that this war will be a long and a hard one but it has to be.

Darekill Consul of Neu Demogyptica
Old July 16, 2003, 01:53   #124
ruby_maser
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Darekill
Very early in our history we were trying hard to find a satisfactioning bordersolution for both nations. Spain did not listen to us. Just like Lux Invictica they didn't care about our wishes and tried to have it their way. This was the reason we were looking to solve the Problem in our way.
Border solution didn't suit you?

Alright, you can have Austria and the Sudetenland if you just take it all back
"The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi
ruby_maser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16, 2003, 02:24   #125
Darekill
Prince

@Ruby maser.
I might be a little bit sensitive but this is a very bad joke you know?

Will it suffice to say that my grandpa was in a concentration camp and he was not one of the guards?
Old July 16, 2003, 02:34   #126
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 12:33
Sorry to hear that Darekill; Ruby certainly didn't know that and was only trying to poke fun.

I hope no human ever has to go through those kind of times again.
BigFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16, 2003, 02:36   #127
ruby_maser
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Quote:
I might be a little bit sensitive but this is a very bad joke you know?
I find your pretext ironic, no more, no less.

I find the suffering of that war, as that of all wars, deplorable... even the digital kind It is, perhaps, ironic again that you do not share that view with me.

So, don't be too sensitive about it. I meant no irreverance to those brave souls, living and dead, who fought to defeat that man.
"The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi
Old July 16, 2003, 02:40   #128
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by ruby_maser

I find your pretext ironic, no more, no less.

I find the suffering of that war, as that of all wars, deplorable... even the digital kind It is, perhaps, ironic again that you do not share that view with me.
what's deplorable is that even dare to compare it...even as a joke.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Master Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16, 2003, 02:43   #129
ruby_maser
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Master Zen
what's deplorable is that even dare to compare it...even as a joke.
Don't worry, MZ. I'll be sure to lump you in there with them if you should attack as well.

Old July 16, 2003, 02:44   #130
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 14:33
And the tasteless comment of the game award goes to..........

ruby_maser for his comparisons of ND to that of Hitler. Congratulations.
asleepathewheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16, 2003, 02:49   #131
ruby_maser
King

Quote:
Originally posted by asleepathewheel
And the tasteless comment of the game award goes to..........
ruby_maser for his comparisons of ND to that of Hitler. Congratulations.
*takes a bow*

I won't abide you over-sensitivity anymore than you will my apparent lack thereof.

Old July 16, 2003, 02:49   #132
Darekill
Prince

Of course my Declaration of war was and was meant to be ironic.
This is a game after all and not even a single bit feels hurt if we press the enter key to atack a city in this game. There is a difference between reality and fantasy.
In real life i despise war and i don't like violence. In the game i have no shame to say that i do terrible things. I just can keep the one thing well seperatet from the other.

This is all i want to say about it. Now let's have fun and play this war.
Old July 16, 2003, 02:57   #133
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by ruby_maser

*takes a bow*

I won't abide you over-sensitivity anymore than you will my apparent lack thereof.
Good for you. My guess is that you won't be abiding anything with regards to this game in the near future, as long as you keep up with that kind of rhetoric.
Old July 16, 2003, 02:59   #134
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

I agree, this is just a game, lets have fun.

Keep open flames away from the Forum, it may cause spontaneous unhappiness throughout the game.
Old July 16, 2003, 03:35   #135
Borc
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Warlord

This will be a war of fame! Our hearts feel the fever of the jungle and our eyes see the sun of the spanish south. Roleplay is a big civilization and they deserve our respect... We will fight them but we also will treat them as men of honor. chapeau!
Old July 16, 2003, 04:02   #136
BigFree
Deity

As so shall we treat the honorable Arabian Civilization! Truth, Valor and Dignity above all else.
Old July 16, 2003, 21:19   #137
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Don Iago Calamari, Lord Toledo, notes with sadness the betrayal of his old friend Picahulu...

Spain has always been honorable to Arabia and has made honorable deals with them. Unlike the accursed Turks, we never threatened them once.

We did care about their wishes. When did we hold back in trading fairly and honestly with them?

Why have they then attacked us? Have they no honor?

But so it is these days. Men have lost honor. Spain is unblemished, but this act of betrayal will scar Arabia for all time to come, I fear. May they see reason, and withdraw from this hasty conflict!

Ah well. At least our old allies in China will not desert us, they having an MPP with us, after all. With war on two fronts, Arabia will crumble like a raspberry pastry!

Darekill, can I borrow some Ansar mercenaries for some jobs I need to do in Toledo? After all, I want to corner the squid trade, and I might be willing to give you a tenth of the share...eh? Whadda ya say, buddy? Huh? Huh?

Lord Toledo
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16, 2003, 22:09   #138
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Don Iago, the only real competition left in the Squid trade is...er...me! But I trust you mean getting rid of those cheap black-market Squid that are hurting our honest Squid businesses. (I hope.)

Spamish Mitchell
Old July 16, 2003, 22:33   #139
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Yes...ummm...I mean, No! I mean...ummm...yes...but no! I mean...it's...ummmm... Not what it seems!! Really!
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17, 2003, 02:10   #140
Borc
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Warlord

if you wanna see all of us face to face --> http://cylusion.com/neudemogyptica/
Old July 17, 2003, 02:16   #141
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

That is great, Borc.
notyoueither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17, 2003, 02:26   #142
asleepathewheel
Emperor

Nice borc. You are a hairy folk, eh? A beard on all y'all.
Old July 17, 2003, 02:46   #143
Tiberius
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 21:33
Now that picture explains it all. So the hairy lady from GoW is a ND spy after all, ehh ?
What's her name? Mata Hairy?
--Woody Allen
Tiberius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17, 2003, 07:47   #144
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Local Time: 15:33
Excellent stuff Borc! Looks like quite an aged and austere bunch of folks.
Old July 18, 2003, 03:44   #145
Darekill
Prince

Just for the files.
We have only declared war on spain here in the public so far. Our troops have crossed the borders and are ready to begin the war next turn. This is the last chance for Roleplay to surrender. This must be a surrender without conditions we will tell you what we want and you will obey. If you do not capitulate the war will start.
Old July 18, 2003, 05:52   #146
BigFree
Deity

Let's meet in chat and we can "talk" about these demands of yours. RP has always been a peaceful Civ. We welcome avenues that allow for peace within reason.
Old July 18, 2003, 07:42   #147
Darekill
Prince

I don't think we need a chat. Just gift all your citys to us stack your workers on the roads, disband all your military and leave your capitol undefended so we can march in. If you do this we might let you escape with a settler in a Galley to wherever you want to go.

Hmm... i doubt that you accept that terms but if you do there will be no war .
Old July 18, 2003, 07:52   #148
Hot_Enamel
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 06:33
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Yep... sounds reasonable

If it happens, GoW will probably also cease their attack

Old July 18, 2003, 08:18   #149
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
I don't think we need a chat. Just gift all your citys to us stack your workers on the roads, disband all your military and leave your capitol undefended so we can march in. If you do this we might let you escape with a settler in a Galley to wherever you want to go.

Hmm... i doubt that you accept that terms but if you do there will be no war .
just an FYI: Don't expect all of your battles to be exact repeats of the Lux War

It's possible you might actually lose a unit or two this time... horror of horrors
Arnelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18, 2003, 08:34   #150
Darekill
Prince

Fine the Luxwar was no war after all and so we expect to loose some troops. We even know that we might loose the war. That can happen.