Old March 6, 2005, 00:42   #241
ZargonX
PtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 MorganC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsBtS Tri-LeagueApolyton UniversityPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's Union
Emperor

Local Time: 15:33
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Look, this can all be settled very easily by giving Legoland back to the Legos. I've still got that one settler floating around, you know
ZargonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6, 2005, 08:36   #242
bischop
C3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Chieftain

Local Time: 19:33
If Lego is interested ND would be glad to revitalize the native people of Legoland !!

To honor the great civilisation of Legoland we think they should take part any longer in the game!

And Perhaps is it the space shuttle of legoland which lift up at first !
bischop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6, 2005, 08:50   #243
DeepO
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 21:33
Maybe you can start by giving them Borcem. That way, the Lego's could even win diplomatically, which in my eyes would be a bigger accomplishment than fleeing this world.

DeepO
DeepO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6, 2005, 17:08   #244
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 11:33
One of our slaves in ND, before being killed for sport, was able to send us the following information via computer (a new technology we possess that I'm sure most of the rest of you have had for 100 years or so).

Partial Transcript of Proceedings of the ND Republic

Senator Hans, "Issue on the floor: the attack of the Roleplay relocation settlements on former Legoland. I see that we have scheduled 30 minute for debate. I don't see why anyone thought we'd need that much time... I'll open this up for debate now, but I really don't see the point. Oh -- I see Senator bischop wants to speak."

Bischop, "I didn't get to kill any roleplayers last time."

Hans, "Going to war is dangerous. Some of our boys could be killed."

(audible snickers and laughter across the chamber)

Darekill, "Spaniards killing us? That's a joke. They don't even have a military worth laughing about. We can just run the civilians over with our tanks. Our only expense will be fuel."

Hans, "So what do we get out of this war? Resources? Territory? Luxuries? What do we tell the world?"

Senator Arnold, "Bah! We are the largest nation in the world! From our half of the wastes of legoland, we have recovered the extra luxuries we wanted. Our excellent city plans and managed growth have given us an ideal civilization on our 2/3rds of Bob. Why don't we just bulldoze the Spaniards, as putting new cities in their filthy territory would just be a corrupt wasteland for us. There's really no point in builiding there at all."

Bischop, "Why would we need a reason? They're roleplayers. That's reason enough for me."

Darekill, "If I had been in charge over the past year, and not Zayxus, I would have murdered those RPers a long time ago. This cleansing is needed before they start posting in the forums again."

Senator Hans, "Now now, ever since we brutalized them years ago, they have been rather quiet. Doing nothing but building an improvement every 5-10 turns and hitting END TURN. They've had to kiss ass and beg for tech on every level, as their research is pitiful and their little reservation can barely support 6 cities. I mean, it's not like they had anything to contribute to the massive Legoland war, or any other war for that matter. They're a non-entity. Is there really any point in destroying them now?"

Bischop, "Yeah. So I get to kill some, that's why."

Darekill, "We didn't fight in the Legoland war, because we might have lost some units. But fighting against RP. That's a guaranteed bloodless victory. I only fight when I know I can win, and this I can win."

Bischop, "We can do whatever we want. We're the Arabien Republic. And I want to kill something."

Senator Arnold, "You know, they ARE pathetic. Vox is more powerful and more developed than them. I'm willing to bet that if Legoland built a city somewhere, in 10 turns they'd be more powerful than RP are right now. Let's just destroy them and get on with the next issue."

Senator Hans, "This is true. We can blitz through their Legoland relocation settlements. The refugees will be helpless against us. We can then land a transport on their reservation and destroy the rest of their pointless cities in a single turn. I'm sure GoW will be happy to be rid of them, and GS might feel sorry for them, but at least GS won't have to continue to protect them anymore. We'll be doing GS a favor."

Darekill, "Do they have any troops? I don't want to have any ND losses!"

Senator Arnold, "Our spies report their cities are virtually empty. GS probably has been protecting them. Maybe building a military would crush their pathetic economy. Do not worry, Darekill, none of our boys will be hurt during your term as our leader."

Bischop, "I can't wait! Let's start the genocide NOW. I want to drive a tank! This could be fun. I've never smashed a city before! Maybe I can see some RP kiddies cry before I kill them!"

Senator Hans, "Ok then, all in favor of beginning the Roleplay Genocide and erradicating them from the face of the planet, say AYE."

(many many AYES given)

Senator Hans, "All opposed?"

(silence)

Senator Hans, "The AYES have it. Tomorrow we'll draw names out of a hat and that person will have to come up with a reason for the attack. Please make it as funny as possible. It's not like anyone is going to take it seriously."

end of transcript
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Togas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6, 2005, 17:16   #245
Krill
lifer
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The GooniesC4BtSDG TemplarsC4BtSDG ImperioC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4BtSDG Team BananaC4BtSDG Realms BeyondC3CDG Ankh-Morpork
Deity

Local Time: 20:33
Quote:
their little reservation can barely support 6 cities.
I thought you only had/have 5 cities on Estonia...
Old March 6, 2005, 18:33   #246
zerialienguru
PtWDG Neu DemogypticaC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Warlord

Its just a game and nothing personal, so keep cool. Everybody wants to win this game and all teams have their own strategy to win it.

@Togas
Yes, their was no single spanish military unit so the "battle report" can't report a battle
zerialienguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6, 2005, 18:50   #247
DeepO
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by zerialienguru
Yes, their was no single spanish military unit so the "battle report" can't report a battle
Taking a city is just as well a battle. Even if no damage was done on your side, we normally see what kind of unit (e.g. a vet tank) takes the city. ND signed the battle report rule as well (Can't remember if you voted for or against), meaning that you should give this information to RP.

Maybe this seems to be meaningless to you, but for both us as for RP it is important to know if you took the cities with conscript tanks or with elites, as well as where they currently are. (if you take a city with a tank, the tank is still where you left it when we open our turn)

Again, you are not required to put the information in public if you don't want to, but you must give it to RP. And as RP will certainly share it with us, and probably don't mind Vox, Lego, or GoW getting it, it's just easier to publish it for all. Plus, watchers have something to see for their amusement, we didn't mind you seeing the info for Lego in the Lego war either.

I'm sorry, but I must support the request that you put a decent battle report up.

DeepO
Old March 6, 2005, 18:55   #248
zerialienguru
PtWDG Neu DemogypticaC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Warlord

ok, wait for bischop, he played the turn.
If i'm right, he uses only tanks, maybe one elite, rest vets.
zerialienguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6, 2005, 19:05   #249
DeepO
Emperor

Thanks

DeepO
Old March 7, 2005, 04:21   #250
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 13:33
Quote:
Senator Hans, "The AYES have it. Tomorrow we'll draw names out of a hat and that person will have to come up with a reason for the attack. Please make it as funny as possible. It's not like anyone is going to take it seriously."

end of transcript
Hay ANY declaration of war in this game been taken seriously???

ND vs Lux: Because Trip is a pain in the ass

Vox vs GS: (I forgot this one but I remember being hilarious... it was Beta after all )

GoW/ND vs RP: To stop the evil backstabbing treacherous malevolent Stormian imperialism on Bob

GoW/GS vs Lego: Because Lego had not fought a war yet

I see a pattern

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Master Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7, 2005, 07:58   #251
DeepO
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Master Zen
GoW/GS vs Lego: Because Lego had not fought a war yet
ehum, that was GoW's DoW. I posted a message to say that GS wanted to climb from 4th to 3rd place in the world, being a minor power (we still are, of course, only the top has thinned a little). While it was perceived as hilarious, it was not intended like that... it was our geniune reason to go to war.

Well. That, and to give Lego a chance at war themselves of course. No need to keep all the fun to ourselves

DeepO
Old March 7, 2005, 08:33   #252
Hot_Enamel
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 06:33
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Vox vs GS: (I forgot this one but I remember being hilarious... it was Beta after all )
Grog was just asking for it.
Old March 7, 2005, 10:46   #253
ZargonX
PtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 MorganC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsBtS Tri-LeagueApolyton UniversityPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's Union
Emperor

Quote:
being a minor power (we still are, of course, only the top has thinned a little).
Boy, there must be something in the Stormian water that gives you guys such an inferiority complex!
Old March 7, 2005, 10:56   #254
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Quote:

We had good and valid reasons to go to war!

(I just don't recall what they were. Maybe H_E is right afterall.)
Old March 7, 2005, 13:14   #255
Krill
lifer
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The GooniesC4BtSDG TemplarsC4BtSDG ImperioC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4BtSDG Team BananaC4BtSDG Realms BeyondC3CDG Ankh-Morpork
Deity

From an outsiders perspectve, (I joined GS after the Bobian war), Compaaring Estonia to Our Heartland is like comparing Stormia as a whole to Bob. We just had tons more resources than you did.

Personally, I am amazed that you never tried to colonize The Luxian lands (r rather, never tried t take them by force). With all of those (potential) immortals (and i'm not talking about their lifespan ) that you hade, yo could easily have colonized as far as Yellowknife. All yu needed were about 4 galleys and a few horsies...
Old March 7, 2005, 13:35   #256
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 13:33
Quote:
Originally posted by Krill
From an outsiders perspectve, (I joined GS after the Bobian war), Compaaring Estonia to Our Heartland is like comparing Stormia as a whole to Bob. We just had tons more resources than you did.

Personally, I am amazed that you never tried to colonize The Luxian lands (r rather, never tried t take them by force). With all of those (potential) immortals (and i'm not talking about their lifespan ) that you hade, yo could easily have colonized as far as Yellowknife. All yu needed were about 4 galleys and a few horsies...
They did

But GoW forced them out via some mega-bluffs (our puny 8-10 horsies back then would have been no match for their dozens of immortals) and a deal in exchange for... nah, I'm not disclosing this yet

But just fyi, Port Isolation was originally founded by Vox.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Master Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7, 2005, 13:40   #257
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Quote:

In retrospect, I agree with you Krill. We did try a foray over there earlier, and we gave up with out giving it a real effort. We behaved like a bunch of nervous nellies, and should have stuck with it. I think a diplomatic effort with GS at that point of the game may have gotten them on-side as well. I recall NYE or Nathan or someone mentioning that it would have been open to discussion (this during the aftermath of the Vox-GS war).

That would have avoided putting bothe GS and Vox behind the 8-ball early - and who knows where it would have gone. Roleplay, despite their posturing, may have broken from the alliance. And maybe even Lego would have seen the benefit to getting involved in a continental struggle - on the continent.

As it is - well, it is now history. The Immortals went down in flames in an intersting but ill-advised war, and Vox becane a third-rate (actually 6th rate) power.
Old March 7, 2005, 13:41   #258
Krill
lifer
Deity

I understand that. I've read the entire GS forum and public archive.

What I was trying to say is that it would havae been smarter to attack both you and ND instead of GS. Especially wth how your start was played out...
Old March 7, 2005, 13:42   #259
Krill
lifer
Deity

Oh, Beta, I think yor fourth rate now...
Old March 7, 2005, 14:26   #260
ZargonX
Emperor

Quote:
Oh, Beta, I think yor fourth rate now...
Hey, until I disbanded it all last turn, Lego still had a military larger than Vox and RP
Old March 7, 2005, 14:34   #261
Krill
lifer
Deity

True...

Last edited by Krill; March 7, 2005 at 14:42.
Krill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7, 2005, 15:04   #262
DeepO
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Beta
I think a diplomatic effort with GS at that point of the game may have gotten them on-side as well. I recall NYE or Nathan or someone mentioning that it would have been open to discussion (this during the aftermath of the Vox-GS war).
Nearly true. It was not just possible, and we were not just open for discussion, but we actually asked you to partner with us right after the initial 'invasion' of Bob. We were already seeing grand schemes of immortals and WCs working together when all of a sudden Grog was murdered. That kind of stopped the diplomatic efforts

DeepO
Old March 7, 2005, 15:09   #263
DeepO
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by ZargonX
Hey, until I disbanded it all last turn, Lego still had a military larger than Vox and RP
Military power isn't everything, I'm afraid. Quality of land, economy and production capabilities are more important. Otherwise Vox would never have lost the war against us, they were twice as strong (or even more) than us when it started!

Which is why I believe (and I mean this, no posturing) that we're #3. And we were #4 when we attacked you, even if we had the biggest military in the world, and were 1 or 2 techs in front at a certain point.

DeepO
Old March 7, 2005, 15:10   #264
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 19:33
Quote:
What I was trying to say is that it would havae been smarter to attack both you and ND instead of GS. Especially wth how your start was played out...
Actually, the way I remember it, there was an unofficial pact between GoW, ND and RP that no other teams were to have any cities on Bob. I think we called it B.O.B, the Brotherhood of Bob, and (at least GoW) told Vox that if they didn't get off of Bob, they were going to have a 3 to 1 war on their hands that they couldn't win.
Donegeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7, 2005, 15:14   #265
DeepO
Emperor

Yeah, and we told Vox that they shouldn't be such chickens, as immortals and WCs combined can win against 3 teams, one of which is over 15 turns away behind a thick jungle layer...

DeepO
Old March 7, 2005, 15:16   #266
DeepO
Emperor

and if we didn't tell it to Vox, we certainly told it in our forum

The result is of course that Vox gathered its courage, and attacked us. Diplomacy was never our strong suit.

DeepO
Old March 7, 2005, 15:19   #267
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 12:33
Quote:
Originally posted by DeepO
Military power isn't everything, I'm afraid. Quality of land, economy and production capabilities are more important. Otherwise Vox would never have lost the war against us, they were twice as strong (or even more) than us when it started!
That...and a bit of teamwide vacillation. I joined Vox right after the GS war, but I read some of the back history threads. There was just a bit too much fear, I guess, of the reputation of the "strat forum" team. If the hesitation hadn't been there, the world might have been a different place, but who knows...
Rhothaerill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7, 2005, 15:22   #268
Krill
lifer
Deity

Actually, Donegeal, The point is that we don't know if that alliance would have held together...I remember several posts suggesting that RP would never honour any promises to show up and fight.

Quote:
Originally posted by MZ
(our puny 8-10 horsies back then would have been no match for their dozens of immortals)
That is one point. While Vox had more units, yours were faster. I would also like to know what NDs unit count was at that point (I'd like to know it now as well, but... *sigh*).

Your would also have to look at the supply lines, and that you would compromise your build up for the war against RP, as your units would be out of place.

There is just too much to consider, but you cannot deny that there was a fair chance that Vox could have won the war...

Last edited by Krill; March 7, 2005 at 17:19.
Krill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7, 2005, 17:08   #269
DeepO
Emperor

Quote:
There is just too much to consider, but yoou cannot deny that there was a fair chance that Vox could have won the war...
You mean that we were the only ones who thought there was a chance we could win. Everybody thought we were going to get severely damaged at least, possibly even annihilated.

DeepO
Old March 7, 2005, 17:36   #270
Krill
lifer
Deity

Quote:
There is just too much to consider, but yoou cannot deny that there was a fair chance that Vox could have won the war...

Let me clarify that (if this keyboard will work...). I meant that Vox could have won a war in Northern Bob (ie Operation MacArthur)