Old February 14, 2003, 11:51   #211
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 21:34
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Dry

Yes, I have read those part (a little too long, I've skipped some parts).
I still don't know what to think about it. Truth? Propaganda? Probably a little bit of both. Truth, but with only one point of view.
The opinion that Israel behave badly in occupied territory is widespread here, and ressurgence of anti-semitism is of course linked to it.
I would like to answer this longer and try to describe how it's difficult to keep his head cool between accusations of anti-semitism and anti-arabism, but I have no time. I still have to work (I'm at work: read is no problem, write takes more time).
See you monday.
hi ,

its a translation of a sworn statement , backed up with video and audio , .....

just the fact that boutmans spoke in public with members of hezbollah and the plo represantive in BXL about how Israel is one big concentration camp and that only the gaschambers are missing , ... well the least you can say about it is that its wrong, ....

the same week the belgian ambassador ( geens ) used the same words , ......

allez een goed weekend hé

have a nice day
Old February 14, 2003, 12:00   #212
Traianvs
BtS Tri-League
King

Quote:
Originally posted by CerberusIV
I find this quite amazing. A 183 post thread about Belgium, possibly the most boring country in the EU and one most people simply go through to get somewhere else.

One dubious legal decision (and the Belgians certainly don't have a monopoly on those!) and Belgium is suddenly controversial - brilliant!

Pity it won't do much to attract Israeli tourists but you can't win them all.
Oh-my-god

A typical thought of someone accidentally living in a bigger country! (jezus what are borders anyway, we're all human, and we can cross borders freely, in the EU that is) Feeling a bit superior again I see?

You're saying that you once went to Ostend, oh my god, Ostend sure is Belgium... in fact Ostend is a port city that is not famed for its wealth here in Belgium (it used to be thriving, but nowaydays it's less important). I could say the same thing when I went to Dover: a grey and ugly fecking city where nobody seemed happy.

And since I've been in GB a lot already, I would even say this: English people are dead ugly, they mostly live in big identical sleazy apartment blocks, you guys don't know fashion and you hooligans are wicked in head. Hmm let me see, we have a much higher standard of living than you guys, better social securities etc etc.. You see, to me England is unapealing as well mate

I hope you see now what your generalization brings: complete and utter shite. So keep it for yourself if you are so inclined to think we have no meaning whatsoever in this world, and if you think every issue in this world should be decided by the US, the uk, Russia and some other powermongers.
Old February 14, 2003, 12:07   #213
Traianvs
BtS Tri-League
King

sorry, posted my message twice
Old February 14, 2003, 12:09   #214
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Local Time: 14:34
It's getting a little TOO personal in this thread.

Remember, discuss and argue the issues.

DO NOT ATTACK OTHER MEMBERS.

I see some restrictions in SOME people's future...
Old February 14, 2003, 12:11   #215
CerberusIV
lifer
C4WDG United Dungeon DwellersC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 20:34
Quote:
Originally posted by Trajanus

Oh-my-god

A typical thought of someone accidentally living in a bigger country! (jezus what are borders anyway, we're all human, and we can cross borders freely, in the EU that is) Feeling a bit superior again I see?

You're saying that you once went to Ostend, oh my god, Ostend sure is Belgium... in fact Ostend is a port city that is not famed for its wealth here in Belgium (it used to be thriving, but nowaydays it's less important). I could say the same thing when I went to Dover: a grey and ugly fecking city where nobody seemed happy.

And since I've been in GB a lot already, I would even say this: English people are dead ugly, they mostly live in big identical sleazy apartment blocks, you guys don't know fashion and you hooligans are wicked in head. Hmm let me see, we have a much higher standard of living than you guys, better social securities etc etc.. You see, to me England is unapealing as well mate

I hope you see now what your generalization brings: complete and utter shite. So keep it for yourself if you are so inclined to think we have no meaning whatsoever in this world, and if you think every issue in this world should be decided by the US, the uk, Russia and some other powermongers.
I'm sorry you are having a bad day. Perhaps you will not be so stressed tomorrow.
Old February 14, 2003, 12:11   #216
Traianvs
BtS Tri-League
King

What do you expect with insults... you will only see me get annoyed when people say shitty things about me, I won't start trashing other people...

and Cerberus, I'm having a great day, just got my exam results and they kicked your ass big time
Old February 14, 2003, 12:16   #217
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

ENOUGH WITH THE PERSONAL CRAP!

WHAT DIDN'T YOU UNDERSTAND ABOUT MY LAST POST.

I see SOME people are just one more post away from a restriction...
Old February 14, 2003, 12:18   #218
DaShi
Emperor

Local Time: 19:34
Ming, please stay on topic.
Old February 14, 2003, 12:25   #219
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 12:34
Quote:
Originally posted by dannubis
NATO is a defensive organisation... if one of its members declares war on another country without prior consulting well ...

Besides, turkey has already a large part of its military present along its southern borders... you know, the kurds live there ...

And for another thing, a large part of the american reinforcements are being shipped to the gulf via Antwerp. As it is stipulated by the NATO treaty the Belgian governement gives free passage to these troops.
So we abide by nato's rules and we don't twist them into our advantage each time we have a political reason to do so.
The Turks aren't asking you to send troops but they are asking to pool alliance resources so they can get three very specific things. The alliance treaty allows for alliance assets to be used for "reasonable defensive measures" yet three states have blocked Turkey from doing this. Powell is not known as an alarmist but even he's gotten up and said France, Belgium, and Germany appear to be violation of the NATO treaty.

They keep saying the difference will be worked out but it appears a few left wing politicos are out to make reelection points even if it weakens the institution of NATO.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old February 14, 2003, 12:34   #220
Oerdin
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Ozz
Anti-ballistic missiles treay ring a bell? NAFTA?
ABM was terminated by religiously following the self abrogation clause with in the treaty. The NAFTA wood & paper dispute is being resolved in the arbitration panel exactly as spelled out in the treaty. In neither case was a treaty broken.

Also if you will please reread my previous post you will see your argument about how the U.S. should be attacked by other NATO states just doesn't work.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old February 14, 2003, 12:36   #221
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Chirac isn't left-wing by any standard
Old February 14, 2003, 12:36   #222
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Oerdin

The Turks aren't asking you to send troops but they are asking to pool alliance resources so they can get three very specific things. The alliance treaty allows for alliance assets to be used for "reasonable defensive measures" yet three states have blocked Turkey from doing this. Powell is not known as an alarmist but even he's gotten up and said France, Belgium, and Germany appear to be violation of the NATO treaty.

They keep saying the difference will be worked out but it appears a few left wing politicos are out to make reelection points even if it weakens the institution of NATO.
hi ,

the two main things the turcs and americans have asked are patriot's and awacs , ....

as a prevention of an attack from iraq , ... just like in the first gulfwar , ....

have a nice day
Old February 14, 2003, 12:42   #223
dannubis
King

Nope ... The only thing the americans want from the nato countries is to have a political excuse to attack Iraq.
Old February 14, 2003, 12:46   #224
dannubis
King

Quote:

The problem with the american governement today is that when you have to call Mr. Powel the most left wing element in your crew, you have a very, very right wing governement...

By the way, how much votes is bush going to get by dropping bombs on bagdad...
Old February 14, 2003, 12:51   #225
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Nope ... The only thing the americans want from the nato countries is to have a political excuse to attack Iraq.
nope , the turcs asked for support and protection under article four of the nato prime directive , ....
Old February 14, 2003, 13:00   #226
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Local Time: 20:34
Trajanus
I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom
Old February 14, 2003, 13:02   #227
dannubis
King

Sorry, i don't buy that. If the americans are so eager to get at iraq, then they could have provided (as they undoubtedly have done) sufficient defensive means to the countries which they are going to use as strike bases.

and it can be discussed whether or not article 4 is applicable to this specific demand in thiese specific circumstances...
Old February 14, 2003, 13:05   #228
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by GePap
But it does allow Cuban exiles to suit the Cuban government and its officials for a host of issues
I'm not saying what the US will or won't do in the suit. Governments do a lot of stupid things. We are getting an object lesson of that driven home in the capitals of the US, France, Germany, & Belgium. I was merely stating what I would do with the suit.
Old February 14, 2003, 13:08   #229
Panag
Emperor

hi ,

the intresting is that there are courtcases against fidel , saddam and yasser , yet for more the three years now they have not touched these , ......

have a nice day
Old February 14, 2003, 13:13   #230
Oerdin
Deity

Quote:
And giving Gas masks, Patriot anti-missile systems, and radar planes to Turkey would do that how?
Old February 14, 2003, 13:53   #231
Traianvs
BtS Tri-League
King

Quote:
the intresting is that there are courtcases against fidel , saddam and yasser , yet for more the three years now they have not touched these , ......
they also haven't touched Sharons case up till now, and besides how do you know they haven't touched those particular cases... do you think they let a lawsuit such as those lie around just like that?
Old February 14, 2003, 13:59   #232
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Trajanus

they also haven't touched Sharons case up till now, and besides how do you know they haven't touched those particular cases... do you think they let a lawsuit such as those lie around just like that?
there have been several hearings , meetings , etc , .... in the Sharon case , none so far in the other , ....
Old February 15, 2003, 15:28   #233
KrazyHorse
Deity

Local Time: 15:34
Quote:
The NAFTA wood & paper dispute is being resolved in the arbitration panel exactly as spelled out in the treaty.
The US government has been attempting to "solve" the softwood dispute for the last decade by imposing preliminary tariffs for 6 months or a year at a time before it loses the ensuing court case.
Get Rich or Die Tryin'
Old February 15, 2003, 15:30   #234
DinoDoc
Deity

Remove your illegal subsidies and the problem will be solved.
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old February 15, 2003, 15:33   #235
KrazyHorse
Deity

What subsidies?

We're not doing anything illegal until a court says we are.
Get Rich or Die Tryin'
Old February 15, 2003, 15:35   #236
KrazyHorse
Deity

The US has brought the same damn case forward something like 5 times in the last decade and has lost the final decision 5 times.
Get Rich or Die Tryin'
Old February 15, 2003, 15:36   #237
KrazyHorse
Deity

I love how the US proposals are always of the form "do business exactly the way we do business".

You have free-market on the brain...
Get Rich or Die Tryin'
Old February 15, 2003, 15:43   #238
DinoDoc
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Frogger
We're not doing anything illegal until a court says we are.
The dispute-settlement panel findings officially adopted by the WTO on November 1 of last year said that the Canadian provincial government sale of public lands timber to Canadian lumber producers amounted to an illegal subsidy.
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old February 15, 2003, 15:45   #239
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

the WTO can suck it
Old February 15, 2003, 15:47   #240
KrazyHorse
Deity

Preliminary finding. Final decision has not yet been made. And IIRC, the required level of proof for a preliminary finding is a lot lower. This has happened before, too.

The US' continued actions in this case resemble extortion more than a legitimate trade suit.

It's an attempted strangulation by litigation.
Get Rich or Die Tryin'