Old February 22, 2003, 19:10   #31
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 14:38
Local Date: November 1, 2010
My Nightmare is a Platinum Lieutenant of the Furies.
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old February 22, 2003, 19:13   #32
DinoDoc
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Calc II
Its not top notch like some vids you see from national tournament from soulcalibur.com,
I don't see them. Where would they be on that site?
Old February 22, 2003, 23:15   #33
Tanner321
Settler

Local Time: 19:38
I just recorded bunch of them but I have not compressed them. In addition, They are from SC1, not SC2. To record SC2 vids, I would need a camcorder.. We plugged the DC to TV card.

Oh and btw this isnt DL. Im charging my laptop and Im using my friends Desktop. And yes, I am Calc.
Old February 23, 2003, 01:57   #34
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

I sent the vids to MacTbone, and Im getting a feeling that I should have attached them one at a time cause it looks like mail has not been sent. Will retry soon.

Mac, I couldnt email it to you. If you can FTP host, I'll upload it.

Last edited by Zero; February 23, 2003 at 02:10.
Old February 23, 2003, 03:07   #35
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Local Time: 13:38
Link has...erm...a female organ and no manly organ

Old February 23, 2003, 04:54   #36
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Camel toe!
Old February 23, 2003, 04:58   #37
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by DinoDoc

I don't see them. Where would they be on that site?
I don't see them either. Their downloads page seems to be empty.
Old February 23, 2003, 12:53   #38
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Quote:
Originally posted by FrustratedPoet

I don't see them either. Their downloads page seems to be empty.
Vids are in here

http://www.soulcalibur.com/forums/fo...?s=&forumid=16
Old February 23, 2003, 13:12   #39
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Thanks.
Old February 23, 2003, 18:45   #40
DinoDoc
Deity

Can you recommend any good matches?
Old February 23, 2003, 19:37   #41
Zero
King

Quote:
Can you recommend any good matches?
Mekkimaru VS Bent Lee is quite interesting.

if you can get archives from www.guardimpact.com check out maverick VS Floe. Thats another good one too.

Last edited by Zero; February 23, 2003 at 20:14.
Old February 24, 2003, 11:58   #42
Zero
King

I uploaded 7-8 vids to MacTbone. If MacTbone is really cool, he said he would host a webspace where you guys can see my Yoshimitsu in action. Since our movements were being filmed, my friends tried to look as good as they could which I found hilarious. While they were trying to look good "competitor", I tried to be a good "performer", so that you guys could enjoy the vids... Hope you find our favorite yoshi moves absolutely hilarious (such as suicide spin, pogo jumps etc..)
Old February 24, 2003, 12:36   #43
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 13:38
/me drools.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old February 24, 2003, 14:38   #44
mactbone
Prince

It'll be a little while - apparently it takes me three times as long to send my stuff to the webspace as it does to download from a website.

When it is up - about 10 hours from now - it'll be at http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~mckibbin/SoulCalibur I'll post when it's all set up.
-Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"
Old February 24, 2003, 17:37   #45
Zero
King

MacTBone, in case I didn't say this already, thanks for hosting the vids. I hope you people enjoy it.

NEW STUFF: CG GAME INTRO!!!!! ARRRGGGHHHH~~~~~~
(*Calc passes out in ecstasy*)

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/...0221/sc2op.htm

Last edited by Zero; February 24, 2003 at 18:03.
Old February 24, 2003, 21:37   #46
mactbone
Prince

Alright - let the data flow! It's all set up and ready to go. I may even make a real page eventually.
-Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"
Old February 25, 2003, 01:06   #47
Zero
King

Now please, let me make commentary on the vids....

soph VS yoshi1 - Nothing much... exchanging blows, doing some of my favorite moves like pogo, kick + slash etc. Only after fourth round I get into heavy poking and throwing game. There's one round where I get a bit cocky and go for a full spin with yoshimitsu and he gets dizzy. I estimated that about half of spin time would kill him so I jammed on the attack button, but even after full spin he had nearly zero health! Talk about a close call! he lightly kicks me and I die as I am collapsing from dizzy spin. You could imagine the room went crazy if people shouting. On the last round I attempted couple of suicide dash, but failed. It's pretty much simple warm up round where both of us are expanding movelists and experimenting. You'll see more of suicide fun later so don't worry

Soph VS Yoshi2 - Game picks up rapidly. I go on offense immediately and play my favorite mind-games = keeping the offense on grounded opponent. My friend knows this so he immediately gets back up to counter attack, but I just love deflecting attacks as opponent is getting up. I play around with Guard impacting until he breaks the pattern and sneaks a low kick. You can catch me stabbing myself on the first round. Game ends just as how it started, with a parry.

Yoshi VS Cervy - My friend switches off to cervy (prolly his best offensive char) and we duke it out for another match. 1st game was a close game, although I won 3-1. All matches could have gone either way. You can see me play around with Yoshi's meditation often in this one. I loved how I mocked him by ducking an attack with meditate, which infuriating him to ring himself out with a dread charge Also, 2nd round shows glimpse of Yoshi's potential as you see him whirlwinding around and poking the hell outta my friend mixing up mid/low attacks.

Yoshi VS Cervy2 - I finally get what I deserve after pissing off my friend with enough insults. And I think what got him started was the opening suicide attack. He goes full force on me, but his hotheadedness costs him one round when he doesnt cancel a dread charge and blindly goes after me and rings himself out. I caught up and made it to the final round, but I shouldn't have opened up the match with a helicopter back attack because I got punsihed for it and never gained momentum of the round. Even then, you can see me attempting to taunt him with pogo stance, meditate and best of all, teleport spin (you spin around any fast as you're hurting yourself).

Yoshi VS Cervy3 - Revenge for last game, I open up with strong offense, but I lose momentum. I almost lost the first round so I begin to play more defensively. 2nd round is gem. I love pissing off people with pogo rush. He completely gets devastated by it. 3rd and last round, I sweep this game by using good poking + defense strategy. Also, there's an example of what happens when you abuse the yoshimitsu's godly spin attack. You lose control and get dizzied if you overuse it and dont stop on the 5th consecutive attack.

Thats all for now. More commentary later. Must sleep soon. Also, if you guys like it, we'll record new matches with more hilarious scenes.

Last edited by Zero; February 25, 2003 at 01:15.
Old February 25, 2003, 16:41   #48
Zero
King

MacT, how did you like my maxi? I'll elaborate on the commentary later, but I had quite a blast fooling around with him
Old February 27, 2003, 00:02   #49
Zero
King

I hope drake liked my mitsurugi... After I won 2 rounds I wanted to show him the relic counter move, but the opponent wasnt cooperating. I hate when I cant control my opponents like they're my puppets.

maybe next time.
Old February 27, 2003, 03:05   #50
Drake Tungsten
Deity

Local Time: 15:38
Quote:
I hope drake liked my mitsurugi...
Where was the Mitsurugi movie? I didn't see any involving him...

Quote:
After I won 2 rounds I wanted to show him the relic counter move, but the opponent wasnt cooperating.
That's the great weakness of the relic counter. It looks cool as hell, but the odds of actually pulling it off in a real match are slim. It's not worth the effort, except to show off.
Old February 27, 2003, 23:23   #51
Zero
King

name is Nova(mit)-Valk(hwa).mpg

I cant really deliberately whiff out a relic counter on someone's face. It's there for me as more like I go into 66B (the uppercut attack you were talking about), change into relic and when I see that the opponent didnt bite onto my bait and knew I was gonna play him, then I may use the relic counter. Doesnt happen often. Opponents usually block while Im in relic stance beacause the uppercut could be done twice. So its safre to just block.

My opponent, while not a match for my mitsurugi level (Im not trying to brag, his hwang just sucks), is competent enough so that I cant completely dominate him. I tried to pull strings as if he was my puppet, but as you can see from round 3 and 4, it didnt work too well, and even until round 5, I had to start playing more seriously because when I literally gave him 2 rounds, he got alot more aggressive in last round because he was out there to win it. When you're playing agst such determination, its hard to pull fancy stuff the way you exactly want it.

Just in case if people think the link got buried down somewhere....

http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~mckibbin/SoulCalibur

Last edited by Zero; February 27, 2003 at 23:36.
Old February 28, 2003, 05:01   #52
Drake Tungsten
Deity

I can't believe I missed that video the first time through...

Anyway, your Mitsu seems pretty good, although it's hard to tell as you're right about your friend's Hwang being bad. It's hard to tell what your style is like as it seems like you were toying with your opponent most of the time. When it looked like you were being serious (at the start and the end) you played a little like my style. The sidestep move you used to end the first and last rounds is one of my favorites; it's a great attack out of the 8-way run.

A couple of my favorite moves that I didn't see you use:

Dividing Thrust - A+K, (6) - Mitsu's best poke move and effective for ring-outs. Set it to your DC's left trigger and you'll never have to worry about Hwang pressing the attack from the front. Especially good if you master the more powerful variation.

Bullet Cutter - 4K, B - The best move for Mitsu to quickly close the gap on an opponent. I like to keep them off balance with 8-way run attacks and pokes, then get in their face real quick with this move.

Whatever the move is where you stab a guy on the ground with your sword. I don't remember the name, but I probably use it more than any other move. Never let your opponent get back up before they get a katana in the gut...

Full Moon Death - 41236B - Extremely hard to pull off, but one of the coolest unblockables in the game. Finish a round with this move and you have something to be proud of.
Old February 28, 2003, 11:53   #53
Zero
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Drake Tungsten

Dividing Thrust - A+K, (6) - Mitsu's best poke move and effective for ring-outs. Set it to your DC's left trigger and you'll never have to worry about Hwang pressing the attack from the front. Especially good if you master the more powerful variation.
I set my left trigge on A+K too! niftykins. In addition, I perform this move ONCE after the opponent got K.Oed. but it didnt hit him so it just came out a s a stab.

Quote:
Bullet Cutter - 4K, B - The best move for Mitsu to quickly close the gap on an opponent. I like to keep them off balance with 8-way run attacks and pokes, then get in their face real quick with this move.
Good move. I prefer Yoshimitsu's better because you can delay his second hit and if the opponent tries to guard it, you can charge it until its Unblockable. So it forces them to open up their defense.

Quote:
Whatever the move is where you stab a guy on the ground with your sword. I don't remember the name, but I probably use it more than any other move. Never let your opponent get back up before they get a katana in the gut...
I think ur talking about B~2 either that or 2A+B

Quote:
Full Moon Death - 41236B - Extremely hard to pull off, but one of the coolest unblockables in the game. Finish a round with this move and you have something to be proud of.
Full moon is hard to setup. I like the relic UBs better because you can set it up with that uppercut (66[B]) //[] means hold

Last edited by Zero; February 28, 2003 at 12:04.
Old February 28, 2003, 12:22   #54
DinoDoc
Deity

Does anyone know where I can find a complete list of Nightmare moves?
Old February 28, 2003, 13:49   #55
Drake Tungsten
Deity

Quote:
Full moon is hard to setup.
Extremely hard to setup. That's what makes it so satisfying...

Quote:
I like the relic UBs better because you can set it up with that uppercut (66[B]) //[] means hold
The Relic UB's (especially the long range one) are far more useful than Full Moon Death. They aren't as insulting to your opponent, however.
Old February 28, 2003, 17:20   #56
Zero
King

Quote:
Does anyone know where I can find a complete list of Nightmare moves?
the website isnt done with it, but it lists all the moves nonetheless. You have to know the SC conventions for unfinished moves.
http://www.soulcalibur.com/souls/mov...e&list=attacks

Drake, My roommate used to do full moon death on me all the time. He hasnt done it in such a long time and I dont think It will work anymore. I have grown alot since then. Maybe he's saving it for when I least expect it.

People comment on my vids! I want to get better. Even stupid comments are appreciated.
Old March 5, 2003, 18:42   #57
Zero
King

I just got mine PS2 modded today. And I picked up a USB TV Card (only thing available for laptop ) so that I can play anywhere. The PS2 doesnt fit into my laptop carrying case, so I got an extra. It has space barely left over for two controllers, mem card and few DVD cases. Im ready for march 27th.

ou guys suck. post more!

Old March 5, 2003, 19:19   #58
Drake Tungsten
Deity

Quote:
You guys suck. post more!
Yes sir!
Old March 5, 2003, 20:00   #59
Zero
King

My current project::

PS2(used) - $120(completed)
TV card - $80(completed)
Mod chip - $80(completed)

Import PS2 SC2 Copy - $60
Import GC SC2 Copy - $60
Arcade stick - $90

It's alot of money.. just for one game...
Old March 11, 2003, 19:55   #60
Zero
King

MacT, can you delete the soul calibur 1 vids and host Soul calibur II vids when i get my import copy?