Old February 14, 2003, 06:18   #1
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 21:38
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Diplomacy Discussion
We just met the Scottish (whose cities, based on the info from the Diplolog, must be somewhere to the West) and if you look carefully in the South East, you can see by the border outline that there's a city of a civ we haven't met yet near the Thai city of Samut Sakhon. Based on the Diplo log, it's probably Indian. If so, the Indians are quite close to us and we could run into them at any time now.

So, obvious question: how should we deal with these two civs? The Scots immediately disliked us when we met, which is somewhat unusual since to the best of our knowledge we didn't do anything to piss them off yet, so most likely we're gonna have to give them gold if we want to get anything done from them. So, do we want to spend any gold on them? What kind of treaties should we try to get, and how much gold do you think we should be willing to sacrifice for this? Peace at all cost? Non-tresspass for at most 300? Start with 100 for a map exchange and go from there? Declare war now?

And the Indians: we haven't even met them yet and we can't even be sure it's actually the Indians, but any thoughts on how to deal with them yet? What kind of treaties, how much gold to spend on them? Should we send out a scout to actually look for them ourselves and initiate contact?

In other words: discuss! (I'll be working for most of the day so I won't participate in the discussion until either late tonight or tomorrow)
Old February 14, 2003, 07:36   #2
mapfi
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II Multiplayer
Prince

Local Time: 20:38
I favour making friends with both civs. Give 100 gold for a start and try to get their map, then go for peace treaties. If we need to give more than 100 gold at any time, then it largely depends on our account, right now I'd say no.
Old February 14, 2003, 08:12   #3
Gilgamensch
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
King

Good point Mapfi. How much money do we have in our pocket????????
Old February 14, 2003, 08:21   #4
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

i agree with mapfi.
we should send out one scout to the indians or whoever they are, if thats possible without violating any treaties we have.
Old February 14, 2003, 09:43   #5
MrBaggins
CTP2 Source Code Project
King

Local Time: 19:38
map/peace treaty/mutual no tresspass with every new civ that we don't intend to be warlike with in the near future.

As for the scots, I'd say peace... but not at any price: 300 gold, tops since the gold is more important for rushing at this point.

They must be settled to the north-west, the west or the south west, from what I see, way past the Austrians. I don't see war with them as a massive threat, due to the distance by which they'd be attacking us from. Austria is useful, in that its a buffer.

This isn't to say I want war with them... not true: i only want to be at war with the Austrians, just that the value i'm willing to assign peace with them has a limit.

As for the Indians... gold... again... 300 tops.

MrBaggins
Old February 14, 2003, 15:41   #6
child of Thor
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Local Time: 19:38
I agree with MrBaggins, peace with both but by the cheapest means possible - If the scots don't particulary like us then i could live with that for 100 turns or so, as long as we don't do stuff to provoke them it should be ok.
I think we only want war with Austria - might be nice to see what relations between Austria and these other nations are like, as that would give us a clue in how to best deal with them.
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.
Old February 14, 2003, 21:46   #7
HuangShang
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
King

Local Time: 12:38
after getting the maps we can just ignore them