Old February 14, 2003, 19:52   #1
donbatti
Settler

Local Time: 19:41
Local Date: November 1, 2010
help with the right start locations...plz
oki maybe kinda dummy question but im new
how do i get the civs in the right start location on earth?
Old February 15, 2003, 01:18   #2
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 13:41
You might want to edit the map. Load the scenario in the editor, right-click on each starting location (usually they are blue when they are unassigned) and assign them to the geographically correct civ (the location will then change to the color of that civ)

Save and enjoy!

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old February 15, 2003, 02:21   #3
donbatti
Settler

Oki thx alot .. but there isnt any program to use instead that make in the right position?
Old February 15, 2003, 02:41   #4
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

I'm not sure if I understood you, do you want to change the location to a different square? If that is so, right-click on the starting location and there will be an option to delete it (Delete Player Starting Position).

To add a starting point, use the Select Overlay icon and choose Player Starting Position and place in on the map where you want. By default all new starting positions will be unassigned so don't forget to assign a Civ to it if you always want it to be there.

Hope this helped.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old February 15, 2003, 03:32   #5
donbatti
Settler

sry if i explain bad, but i want the civs to be in their hictorical start postion.

exampel i use PTW and marla singers earth map and want to have them in the right position...

thx for the help..
Old February 15, 2003, 03:50   #6
Master Zen
Deity

Here goes, step by step:

1) Open Marla Singer's map (or any other) in the Editor. All the Player Starting Locations appear blue.

2) Right click on any starting location (for example, the one where London would be) and choose Reassign.

3) A window saying Set Tile Owner appears with the default at "None". There are 3 more options below it, they say (faded), Barbarians, Rome and Player 1. Click on Rome and from the drop-down menu choose the correct Civ for that location, in this case England.

4) Once you click OK, the color of the starting location should turn from blue to orange indicating that the location is now reserved for England.

5) Repeat the process for every other Civ.

Have fun

Old February 15, 2003, 10:26   #7
donbatti
Settler

Ah now i understand fully , thx alot for the help..