Old February 15, 2003, 02:34   #31
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 19:42
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither
Good fantasy David. How exactly would the Sec Council ever pass that US disarm resolution considering the US has a veto? Not to mention the UN rarely, if ever, demands any state disarms.

But, that's OK. Keep on keeping on in your twisted views of whatever the world should do so as not to inconvenience you yourself personally.
Hmm...I didn't read him saying "The UN is probably going to tell the US to disarm.". To me, it looked more like a "what if" situation.

Oh wait, it didn't only look like it......it WAS Very poor troll, NYE.
Old February 15, 2003, 02:36   #32
David Floyd
Emperor

Quote:
Good fantasy David. How exactly would the Sec Council ever pass that US disarm resolution considering the US has a veto?

Duhhhh
Old February 15, 2003, 02:37   #33
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 13:42
You'd know a troll.

But then, crying 'troll' is rather easy, isn't it? Try to address...

'Not to mention the UN rarely, if ever, demands any state disarms'

Go ahead. You can do it if you try hard enough.
Old February 15, 2003, 02:40   #34
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

Quote:
You'd know a troll.
Yes I would, actually. I do it all the time, therefore I can ID trolls quite easily. (Hey, that supports my arguement.....)

Quote:
Go ahead. You can do it if you try hard enough.
See, but that wasn't the main troll, it was only somethin to amplify it. Your troll was saying that the UN would never do that, knowing full well that he knows it and was not saying that it would.
Old February 15, 2003, 02:40   #35
Ted Striker
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 11:42
Seeing as how the Eurocoms have lost all sense of a moral backbone, I am going to be holding a retroactive "No War Against Hitler" march.

Mis Novias
Old February 15, 2003, 02:41   #36
David Floyd
Emperor

Quote:
'Not to mention the UN rarely, if ever, demands any state disarms'
I don't quite see the relevance of that. Why should the UN be able to demand that ANY sovereign state disarm?
Old February 15, 2003, 02:41   #37
David Floyd
Emperor

Quote:
I am going to be holding a retroactive "No War Against Hitler" march.
Great! I'll come!
Old February 15, 2003, 02:41   #38
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Tassadar5000
See, but that wasn't the main troll, it was only somethin to amplify it. Your troll was saying that the UN would never do that, knowing full well that he knows it and was not saying that it would.
See. You agree that what he said was very stupid. This is called progress.
Old February 15, 2003, 02:43   #39
David Floyd
Emperor

Quote:
Even I admit the UN would never try to force the US to disarm. But IF the UN did, should the US have to disarm, and would the US be at fault if the UN invaded them after they refused?
Old February 15, 2003, 02:43   #40
Nubclear

Quote:

No NYE, I dont. Dont put words in my mouth, its unbecoming of you.

I said that what he said is a WHAT IF situation. He knows it'll never happen, I know it'll never happen, you know that both of us know it'll never happen. You trolled.

In fact, his statement does add to his arguement, if only ever so slightly. It's not "stupid" by any means.
Old February 15, 2003, 02:48   #41
notyoueither
Deity

What do you mean? It's idiotic.

First off, the UN has demanded disarmament of a state in exactly one situation. That's right. This is unique to Saddam.

Second off, should the UN ever manage to sneak such an idiotic motion through, they would be completely justified in trying to back it up.

Back it up? Huh huh. That's a funny one.
Old February 15, 2003, 02:50   #42
David Floyd
Emperor

Quote:
First off, the UN has demanded disarmament of a state in exactly one situation. That's right. This is unique to Saddam.
It's nonsensical, though. The US has created and started much more war than Saddam has. The US has caused far more civilians deaths than Saddam has. The US has exported far more weapons than Saddam has. The US has created far more WMDs than Saddam has. The US has used far more WMDs than Saddam has.

So why shouldn't the UN demand that the US disarm?

Oh, possibly because the US and allies told them to demand that Iraq disarm, and because the US had the force to make it stick?
Old February 15, 2003, 02:52   #43
Ted Striker
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Maybe because disarming was a part of the Gulf War 1 cease fire agreement that has been violated for over 12 years?

Mis Novias
Old February 15, 2003, 02:53   #44
Nubclear

Quote:
What do you mean? It's idiotic.

Quote:
Not really...Think about the statement NYE.

Quote:
Second off, should the UN ever manage to sneak such an idiotic motion through, they would be completely justified in trying to back it up.
Ok. Tell him that.

Quote:
Back it up? Huh huh. That's a funny one.
Speaking of backing the UN up, I can't wait till the US enforces the 33 resolution violations by Israel.....Instead of focusing on the 17 by Saddam.
Old February 15, 2003, 02:54   #45
David Floyd
Emperor

Quote:
Maybe because disarming was a part of the Gulf War 1 cease fire agreement that has been violated for over 12 years?
So? The US had no right to fight the war in the first place, nor did the UN.
Old February 15, 2003, 02:58   #46
notyoueither
Deity

That's a nice fantasy world you live in, David.
Old February 15, 2003, 03:00   #47
notyoueither
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Tassadar5000
Speaking of backing the UN up, I can't wait till the US enforces the 33 resolution violations by Israel.....Instead of focusing on the 17 by Saddam.
Do you want to speak about the Security Council or the General Assembly?

Do you want to talk about facts, or spread disinformation?
Old February 15, 2003, 03:02   #48
LoneWolf
Settler

This is exactly the sort of foolishness we simply must ignore.
Old February 15, 2003, 03:02   #49
Bosh
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 04:42
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Will be in NY with about 400 wes people (the most we've ever had at a non-local protest in the last four years at least) and will be playing some computer siding in the SAMBAHOTS (Striking A Musical Blow At the Heart Of The System) activist samba band
Annoying city government wouldn't give up a permitt so things could get interesting...
Old February 15, 2003, 03:04   #50
Ted Striker
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Hey Eurocoms, do you realize you are being PLAYED by Saddam?

This game has gone on long enough. Time to put an end to the charade.

Mis Novias
Old February 15, 2003, 03:06   #51
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 03:42
Big local protest is taking place too. A rare occurance for the usually apathetic people here.
Old February 15, 2003, 03:16   #52
LoneWolf
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by LoneWolf
This is exactly the sort of foolishness we simply must ignore.
As I say...
Old February 15, 2003, 03:19   #53
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 12:42
Quote:
Originally posted by Ted Striker
Seeing as how the Eurocoms have lost all sense of a moral backbone, I am going to be holding a retroactive "No War Against Hitler" march.
The western allies were obviously the aggressors. After all Hitler never harmed them the dirty Imperialists were just trying to stick there noses into a German-Polish dispute.

If someone wishes to find justification for failing to do the morally correct thing then they can always pull something out of their ass. That doesn't make it right but they can do it.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old February 15, 2003, 03:23   #54
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 12:42
Quote:
Originally posted by David Floyd
So? The US had no right to fight the war in the first place, nor did the UN.
*Edit: My original response was more harsh then the young Floyd deserved.*

The U.N. didn't have the right to demand Saddam withdraw from Kuwait? On what do you base that opinion?
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.

Last edited by Oerdin; February 15, 2003 at 04:00.
Old February 15, 2003, 03:28   #55
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Asher

Bush doesn't care one way or another what you or anyone else thinks...
Who cares about him? I'm not an American, nor do I live there.

Quote:
Chretien is playing Canadians for fools. He's delaying, but he will send. Every day they hint more at it.
Rubbish - he's trying to put off a decision because he is between a rock and a hard place more like it.

Anyway, don't try to hide the fact that you are a pathetic loser who is just too lazy to stand up for anything he believes in, or anything for that matter. I suppose you try to mask this by trying to appear coolly indifferent or above it all. Get lost you gutless creep.

Given this, you are in no place to snipe at people possessing better character than yourself, so you go on the to be ignored list.

Protests often work - that's why NZ is a nuclear free zone, among other things. No thanks to people like you.
Old February 15, 2003, 03:31   #56
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Civil disorder in Toronto! The mob destroys a Tim Horton's!

Unhappy persons:

55% "All we are saying is 'Give peace a chance'"

25% "George W Bush is a big fat idiot"

20% "Americans have ruined hockey!"
Old February 15, 2003, 03:35   #57
notyoueither
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Agathon
Anyway, don't try to hide the fact that you are a pathetic loser who is just too lazy to stand up for anything he believes in, or anything for that matter. I suppose you try to mask this by trying to appear coolly indifferent or above it all. Get lost you gutless creep.
I think you're freakin moron with more of the 'my way or the highway' attitude than most Americans ever exhibit.
Old February 15, 2003, 03:35   #58
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Quote:
Originally posted by Agathon
Who cares about him? I'm not an American, nor do I live there.
Dear Agathon,

Bush is the President of the United States of America.
Bush is the person who will be attacking Iraq with or without Canada's blessing.
Protesting it is pointless because he doesn't care what you think, he'll do it anyway.

Thanks for your time,
Dave

Quote:
Anyway, don't try to hide the fact that you are a pathetic loser who is just too lazy to stand up for anything he believes in

Lord knows I never express an opinion and back it up endlessly.

Quote:
I suppose you try to mask this by trying to appear coolly indifferent or above it all. Get lost you gutless creep.
Tone it down a notch, darling, there's no need to cry.

If you keep this up, Ming will be on your ass, and I assure you I'm not worth it.

Quote:
Given this, you are in no place to snipe at people possessing better character than yourself, so you go on the to be ignored list.
This is brilliant -- mention about how I'm in no place to snipe at people possessing better character than myself after you've thrown several insults at me (while I have thrown none at you), and to top it off you plug your ears and shriek "I can't hear you!" by putting me on your ignore list. Was this planned ahead or spontaneous?
Old February 15, 2003, 03:38   #59
LoneWolf
Settler

Of the nations opposing us, there is not a single one that does not receive significant aid from us (yes, including France and Germany). Again I ask, why do we continue this?

Or maybe the lack of response is answer enough.
Old February 15, 2003, 03:43   #60
Drake Tungsten
Deity

Local Time: 15:42
Quote:
Lord knows I never express an opinion and back it up endlessly.

I can only wish...