Old February 14, 2003, 23:53   #1
SkiFletch
Settler

Local Time: 19:42
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Loading Multiplayer saved games?
how in the name of all that is holy do I load a LAN or Internet multiplayer game that I am playing with friends and computers? i'm at a complete loss here. does everyone need to save the file, and how does it work. I tried searching, but found nothing.... thanks for the help guys, pulling my hair out on this one
Old February 15, 2003, 01:10   #2
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 13:42
Game Mode: Load Game.
Old February 15, 2003, 01:15   #3
SkiFletch
Settler

is there some sort of trick to loading or saving, cause that doesnt work...

here's what I do. I make an internet game as the host, play with my friends and a couple computers. then I save it as a name (most recently sweet.sav) and quit the game. I then go back into multiplayer mode, host an internet game, have everyone re-join, pull down the drop down menu, select load game, and click launch. i'm brought to the extensive menu where we set everything to the same as it was in the multiplayer game. launch, and nothing happens. am I missing something? am I saving wrong? or do I just smoke too much crack? thanx
Old February 15, 2003, 01:41   #4
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 13:42
Start MP. Host game. That should bring you to the MP anti screen and you wait while the others join, then you proceed to the MP setup screen. Or, if you are direct IP, you started as hosting locally and you will be in the MP setup screen.

The others join in. Select Load Game from the Game Mode menu in the MP setup screen and the game should load to all computers. Once it is loaded you should be able to hit launch and go.

If that does not work you have problems other than PTW.

btw, when the host saves, it also saves to all other players comps. That speeds up the loading process.
Old February 15, 2003, 04:42   #5
SkiFletch
Settler

ah yes, thank you very much, I am retarded.