Old February 14, 2003, 23:58   #1
johncmcleod
Prince

Local Time: 11:42
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Don't worry, the problems will end soon
I know how we all hate Bush, but look at things on the bright side. He'll be out of power by late 2004 and all the evil things that'll happen and everything that'll get screwed up because he's president will end. Just think, less than 2 years and we'll be saved. If a miracle happens and he get's re-elected, he'll be out for good by 2008.

Of course a person I know's prediction could come true. Bush will convince congress with his oratorial skills to pass a law that'll make it so that you can get elected for more than two terms in a row, and then he'll get elected over and over again and he'll have enough time to take over the world.

But, I think it's unlikely. But anyway, we're not doomed. We'll get another leader in no time.
"The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Old February 15, 2003, 00:00   #2
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 19:42
Re: Don't worry, the problems will end soon
It is easy to destroy the tower, but difficult to rebuild.

Think about that.
Old February 15, 2003, 00:01   #3
orange
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 14:42
i truly hope so. when i was 15, before I really became a 'liberal' and still considered myself a moderate republican, i had an epiphany that the next republican president would be the last becuase he would do something that the US people didn't want, and it would turn out bad, and the whole nation would blame 'republicans' for it, and never vote another one into office.

I'm really hoping that he doesn't get reelected.

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui
Old February 15, 2003, 00:14   #4
MrFun
Emperor

Local Time: 14:42
Actually, I think we got a Bush monarchy thing going now -- before you know it, Jeb Bush is running for president.
Old February 15, 2003, 00:29   #5
DRoseDARs
lifer
Spore
Emperor

Local Time: 12:42
Just because a President leaves office doesn't mean his/her legacy goes with 'em. Pres. Jr. has affected quite a few changes in American politics and how things run. After he's gone, those things will still be with us. The problems with some of it will become more apparent once future leaders put in their two cents...

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.
Old February 15, 2003, 01:53   #6
MRT144
inmate
DiploGames
King

Local Time: 12:42
its funny because bush is not maintianing the status quo but claims to be conservative. hes rocking the boat like that big headed cousin you were forced to play with.

look, im not saying clinton had everything to do with the success of the country 96-2000, but he certainly didnt do anything mess it up when he could have.
Old February 15, 2003, 02:30   #7
LoneWolf
Settler

Local Time: 13:42
Do we all hate President (that's President to you, buddy) Bush? I'm not so sure..
Old February 20, 2003, 14:42   #8
johncmcleod
Prince

Local Time: 11:42
I don't hate him, but it seems like a whole lot of people do.
"The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Old February 20, 2003, 14:57   #9
Japher
Emperor

Local Time: 19:42
I love the guy! Finally someone who isn't affraid to tell it like it is... unlike some other president who I won't mention (uh, you know the one with the cigar... uh.... Clinton! i said it.)

He'll be reelected, no problem. Unfortunatly my vote won't help that. Being stuck in Cali that is deomcratic it can make me puke sometimes.... I hate Grey Davis too...