Old February 15, 2003, 21:10   #1
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 21:45
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Organizing Term 9 Domestic Ministry
Now that the elections are over, the new term has started. I need many Regional Advisors/Governors.

If you like to be involved with the game in a different way than just posting in the threads, if you think you have feeling for governing and if you think you have some responsibility, please post a reply, PM me or let me know in any other way that you want to be RA/RG.

Spiffor has asked to decrease the size of the provinces and increase the amount of it. If you think the province is too large for you to govern, please let me know the too. I'll increase the amount of provinces here. Old Germany will be split in Upper Germany and Lower Germany from now on.

Regional Advisors and their Provinces in order of Seniority:
1. Old France Regional Governor: Donegeal?
2. Old Persia Regional Governor: Ministerial Supervision
3. Classical Apolyton Regional Governor: Roadcage
4. Upper Apolyton Regional Governor: Kloreep
5. Uber Island Regional Governor: Panag
6. Upper Germany Regional Governor: Aro
7. Lower Germany Regional Governor: Aro

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most of the public works (PW) is already done. If you want some public work to be done, you hjave to request so in your orders.

I want to concentrate on:
1. essential buildings for a strong military such like barracks and harbors if they are not yet built;
2. builing hospitals to let the cities grow;
3. builing up a stronger defensive military;
4. builing luxury-improvements such like temples, colosseums, cathedrals and other buildings that make people happy;
5. builing a stronger offensive military.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upper Germany cities:
- Heidelburg
- Bremen
- Neo Leipzig
- Nuremberg
- E-town

Lower Germany cities:
- Berlin
- Neo Frankfurt
- Hannover
- Howizerville
- Heroes' Summit

Some information for RG's who have never been RG before:
About turnchats:

Before the start of the chat I need orders from all of you. These orders have to contain:

- Any eventual changes to the queues of the cities you govern;
- Any changes in the allocation of the workforce: you want one of your cities to get production from other sqares;
- Any workers you want to get integrated. (the project has been finished now, but if we go to war again and we get slaves, these can be integrated in our cities to get the cities faster to a large population and easier to be build up);

Try to implement my order of priority for builds in your orders.

Before you post your orders, first check mine to adapt your orders to mine. If I haven't posted mine yet, you can post yours in the thread without having to adapt them to mine. If I do not agree with your orders, I'll post a veto against them in the orders thread. This is why it wise to take a look to my orders first so that the chance is less that I will veto them. Vetoing will however probably quite exceptional.
It is wise to write down some arguments for a choice that could be seen as controversial by me. It makes it easier for me to decide if your choice it a good one, or that it should be vetoed. I did this in my first orders when I decided to build harbors in some cities first. This seemed possibly controversial to me so I wrote down my arguments for this choice.
If some of your orders are vetoed, you needn't to change your orders, except if your have plenty of time, which I don't expect and the chat has not started yet. Please write down a little note at the bottom of your orders post if you do so, so that I know that you have changed your orders.

You needn't to be present at the chat, but I consider it as always nice to see how things go on in the empire.
If I can't be present at the chat, it's handy if there's a RG to replace me. If you become Acting DM in the chat, you have every right that I nomally have, but you may not overrule my orders. You may dexcide over all things that I could not foresee, or which I have not accounted for.

To know if you are the RG who has to act DM, the order of seniority was invented: the first RG is the first RG to act as DM if I'm not present, the second has to do so (if he's present) when both RG number 1 and I are not present, etc, etc. If you are pretty new in the job, you can always ask for assiastance from a mor experienced RG or a member of the government.

If you know on beforehand that you will possibly not be able to be present at the chat, let all know in the orders chat please, that makes it easier to plan.

For people who didn't know it yet, all squares of the cityradius have a number. If you want to change the allocation of the workforce, you just write down the number of the roiginal square it was on and the square you want to move the citizen to. There are several methods, but thisone is most easy for me.

Another method is to writedown all the squares you want to have the workforce on. To me it seems that this method would cost you more time and mistakes are easier made, but the good point on it is that it gives me a nice overview, which is handy when I check if your orders are right.

Here is a picture of the numbers of the squares for the allocation of the workforce and the numbers.

It should be needless to say, but to prevent misunderstanding: look for the NEWEST save in the orders/turnchat/reports threads.

I've tried to make it as clear as possible, perhaps sometimes too clear, but better too clear than unclear. However, IF you still have some questions, it doesn't matter what, please ask and I'll try to answer it. Post a message in this thread or PM me.

I wish you all succes with your governorship.

Thank you for your help with governing this empire.

Aidun
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Last edited by Aidun; March 3, 2003 at 09:48.
Old February 16, 2003, 20:41   #2
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

* Bump
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG
Old February 17, 2003, 00:21   #3
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

Local Time: 15:45
I would like to continue in the post of Old France RA. However, my availability of late has been reduced, and I cannot be counted on to be at chats.
Old February 17, 2003, 09:08   #4
Aidun
Emperor

No problem Dejon, I'm glad you are still available. Just post your orders in the threads and you'll kame me happy every chat.

Aidun
Old February 18, 2003, 11:21   #5
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 14:45
Looking at priorities: We have Sun Tzu's: therefore we have Baracks in every main land city.

The only cities that might not have them are on Uber Island.
Old February 18, 2003, 11:26   #6
Aidun
Emperor

Ok thanks for attending me. I expect that all cities on Uber Isle have barracks, but I'll check that later this day and eventually edit the priorities.
Do you have any other comments? I'm always willing to hear them and think about it.

Thanks

Aidun
Old February 19, 2003, 08:52   #7
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 16:45
Posted in yhe "Enlist Today!" trhead:

Quote:
Originally posted by Aro
I would like to help, Aidun... But I'm not good on it, and my region should be a little one,.
If you find nobody else (and I mean it, nobody! ), I can make a try.
Old February 19, 2003, 09:08   #8
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 19:45
I'm back. I would like to have my old position of Classical Apolyton back, but if Roadcage want to continue in that function I would have no problem going somewhere else.
Old February 19, 2003, 09:10   #9
Aidun
Emperor

Aro, you are one of my few heroes, who help me in time of need!

If I have no one else, would one of the Germanies be something that fits you?
Don't say that you are not good on it if you can play Civ3 you can be RG as well. The only thing you need to write down is what you want me to do: change queues, workforce etc. Take my orders as an example. You can also do it par year, but that makes it only more difficult for me, but I leave it up to you to decide which way you are going to use.
Hint: you can also use the orders of the previous RG of your province, or part of a province as an example.

You can post your wishes here.

Thanks,

Aidun.
Old February 19, 2003, 09:20   #10
Aidun
Emperor

Donegeal, you are one of my few heroes too!

I can PM Roadcage about it. You can PM him too if you want. He is but poorly available after the end of februari and that was the reason I put 'optional' behind his name.

Thanks for your help,

Aidun
Old February 19, 2003, 12:41   #11
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Upper Germany. Could you llist the cities?
Thanks!
Old February 19, 2003, 17:30   #12
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

Local Time: 15:45

I will be out-of-town on business for the month of March. It is an unplanned trip, or I would not have asked to retain the Old France Regional Administrator role. I am sorry - you will have to find a replacement for me, as I do not know what kind of off-hours connectivity I will have.
Old February 19, 2003, 19:12   #13
Aidun
Emperor

That is alright Dejon. Thank you for letting me know in advance. I shall see what I shall do with Old France. Please let me know if you still find yourself having some time free. I can always use your help.

Have a nice trip in March

Aidun
Old February 19, 2003, 20:33   #14
Aidun
Emperor

I have posted some explanation on your governorship in the first post. It's about what I expect from you and what you can expect from me. Especially useful to read for new RG's

Aidun
Old February 19, 2003, 22:28   #15
Aidun
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Thud
Thanks Arnelos. Anyway, its a problem that should be solved soon, and since I never clearly stated when the chat would be it shouldn't hurt to have it a day later than it was never expected to be.

So, Friday, 2000 GMT. Oh wise Arnelos, is it the proper time to post the orders thread?
First chat friday 20.00 GMT.

I am already off when the chat starts, so to all: success!

Aidun
Old February 22, 2003, 15:57   #16
Aro
lifer
Emperor

Aidun, I've just read your PM about Lower Germany, and the answer is yes. For the next chat we already have your orders, but in the subsequent I can take care of the stuff. Is it ok for you?
Old February 27, 2003, 14:46   #17
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

hi ,

the RA orders for Uber Isle ;

Neon Uber City > no changes for now

Another Glorious City > rush hospital for 448 L , build factory after that

Boomtown > rush hospital for 564 L , build factory after that

Solace > no changes for now

Shiberport > switch to hospital and rush for 528 L , build factory after that - one infantry should be put in the city -

Whelsh Coast > switch to factory and rush for 904 L , battleship to be rushed two turns after the factory - one infantry should be put in the city -

thats it for now

have a nice day
Old February 28, 2003, 01:19   #18
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 07:45
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Aidun
Aro, you are one of my few heroes, who help me in time of need!
Can I be a hero too? I want to do something, but have no experience with RAing. The game has moved on CONSIDERABLY since I was Prez, and I have yet to view the save (will be done shortly). But if you are really in a bind, I can possibly help. Turnchats may be difficult for me ATM.

PS: Hi all!!!!

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old February 28, 2003, 08:37   #19
Panag
Emperor

hi ,

Aidun , where are you , .......

have a nice day
Old February 28, 2003, 08:47   #20
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Hi MWIA! Cool avatar.
- Phantom of the Opera

Last edited by Shiber; February 28, 2003 at 08:55.
Old February 28, 2003, 15:22   #21
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Argh. I need to log off soon, and I'll be busy on the weekend, so I won't be able to do orders for Upper Apolyton.

Want to take over, MWIA? Please? Oak Ridge is being set up as a worker farm; see my last set of orders for how this is to be done. That's all you need to know, I think...

Edit: And I don't know where Aidun is. He's been gone for a while; hope he comes back soon.

Last edited by Kloreep; February 28, 2003 at 15:32.
Old March 1, 2003, 01:50   #22
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 07:45
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Yikes! I'll look at things, Kloreep. I need to find when the chat is (shouldn't take me long), and look at your orders, maybe find another RA or Aidun or someone for some advice..... Are you sure you want to trust me?

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old March 1, 2003, 13:21   #23
Panag
Emperor

hi ,

RA orders for Uber Isle ; ( orders based on the 1410 SAVe )

An Other GLorious City ; rush university next turn , colosseum , bank

Neon Uber city ; switch to factory and rush next turn , university , harbor , colloseum , bank , barracks

Boomtown ; switch to factory , rush next turn , university , colloseum , bank

Solace ; rush hospital for 496 L , factory rushed turn after , harbor , university , colloseum , bank

Shiberport ; switch to hospital and rush next turn , factory , university , colloseum , bank

Whelsh Coast ; switch to factory and rush for 684 L , rush battleship two turns after that , hospital - rush two turns later , granery , university , colloseum , bank , barracks

rushes are requested there where not written if the money is available

have a nice day
Old March 1, 2003, 19:39   #24
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Okay, bad news for me (and good news for my SPDG time): the tournament I'm in this weekend got rained out today, so, after a nice afternoon spent waiting around in a car waiting for them to declare things officially cancelled , I have the evening free. So if you've already started on orders, MWIA, go ahead and continue if you want; I trust you, and it'll be good experience. But otherwise, I can do the orders tonight.
Old March 2, 2003, 13:19   #25
Kloreep
Emperor

My tournament's been completly cancelled (!&@$ing rain ), so I have most of the day free. I should definitely be able to get orders in, although I don't know if the chat will actually happen; we have the upgrade to worry about.
Old March 3, 2003, 06:34   #26
Aidun
Emperor

Sorry if I haven't informed you, I have been off for a week, but I'm now back for 100%.

MrWhereItsAt, you can be one of my heroes too. I'll look for a province that you can govern. All info about what an RA should do can be found in the first post. If you have any questions, or think there's something I've forgotten, PM me or post a message in this thread.

Aidun
Old March 3, 2003, 09:28   #27
Aidun
Emperor

MrWhereItsAt, do I undersand it rightly if you have taken over Kloreep's governorship of Upper Apolyton, or are you both doing a part-time job on this province, If not you may take over the governorship of Old Persia which is now under ministerial supervision. Please let me know what you are going to do ASAP.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Aidun

Last edited by Aidun; March 3, 2003 at 09:43.
Old March 3, 2003, 16:58   #28
Kloreep
Emperor

I can still do Upper Poly; I just didn't think I could get orders in before the Sunday chat (which was cancelled anyway, along with the tournament that was preventing me from completing my orders).
Old March 3, 2003, 17:03   #29
Panag
Emperor

hi ,

Thud mentioned in the chatroom that the next turn shall probably be played on wednesday the 5th evening GMT , .....

have a nice day
Old March 4, 2003, 17:42   #30
Aidun
Emperor

The next chat will be on wednessday the 5th of March at 20:30. The chat will start at the year of 1410, where the last chat ended and we will use patch 1.29f.

Aidun