Old February 16, 2003, 21:42   #1
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 14:49
Local Date: November 1, 2010
First turnchat time?
Given the snowstorm, it's possible that's why Thud hasn't posted his VP and Court pick yet.

However, that doesn't stop us from beginning to post when we (those ministers elected) might be free for the first turnchat of Term 9.

Please post in this thread.

As for Thud, please post your VP pick and Court pick (replacement for GodKing) ASAP.
Old February 16, 2003, 21:59   #2
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 16:49
Arnelos, if you don't mind, I would like to follow the tradition and run a farewell chat...

Feel free to say "no way!"

I've PMed Thud and you about that.

Aro

Edit: I've just read your PM, thanks a lot.
Old February 16, 2003, 22:32   #3
Thud
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNever Ending StoriesC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC4BtSDG Templars
Prince

Local Time: 15:49
Okay, I'm here! I am quite comfortable with 18:00 GMT (1300 EST) to GMT 0030 (1430 EST) on wensday, and 2000 GMT (1500 EST) on all other weekdays. How's that?
Old February 17, 2003, 01:58   #4
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

I already responded to Aro's PM. I have no problem with Term 8 holding its last chat on Tuesday. Assuming President-Elect Thud doesn't have a problem with it, go for it!
Old February 19, 2003, 10:08   #5
Thud
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNever Ending StoriesC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC4BtSDG Templars
Prince

Okay, I would like to hold the first chat tomarrow at 2000 GMT. Can this be done?
Old February 19, 2003, 12:24   #6
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 21:49
I think I can't be present tomorrow, but I will do my best to get orders posted by that time. Next week I can't attend any chat's at all, so I'll post orders for the some chats in advance. I hope I have enough RG's by the time the chat will be held, if not I'll try to fulfil their job.

As you must have noticed I'm trying everything to get RG's. Today Aro and Dongeal have let me know that they are available as RG, but I need AT LEAST one more, but probably two or perhaps three.

I'm happy with Term 8 holding it's last chat, CoL or no CoL, I think that we needn't to fear Senate or Court intervention of this. If Term 8 holds its last chat, that would make things far more easier for me.

Please PM me if Term 8 will do the chat, I have to know if I have to prepare orders for entire Apolytonia or just for my former province Old Persia, things coud become quite confusing if both Joncnunn and I post DM-orders.

Thanks to Term 8,

Aidun

Edit: Panag will be RG too, I need one more RG for Lower Germany, if not, I'll do Lower Germany myself.
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Last edited by Aidun; February 19, 2003 at 15:22.
Old February 19, 2003, 12:34   #7
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 16:49
It's term 9. You are the DM. See my signature...
Old February 19, 2003, 12:50   #8
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

My best times are 15:00 to 21:00 GMT on most Fridays and all Mondays, and 15:00 to 19:00 GMT on all other weekdays (note: these are starting times). Chances are 99 to 100 that I will not be able to attend to turnchats that are held at other times.
In other words, I'll leave clear and explained orders and contingency plans.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old February 19, 2003, 16:15   #9
Arnelos
Emperor

Thud, which "tomorrow" are you referring to?

Please set a time so the rest of us can either announce we can be there or name a deputy (likel you, since many of us do not have Vice Ministers yet).
Old February 19, 2003, 17:15   #10
Thud
Prince

Well, I had intended for tomarrow to mean Thursday, but my ambiguity has saved me, and I will instead aim for 2000 GMT on the tomarrow representing Friday.

This is due to a complete and random disater, in which my motherboard and power supply are fried, and need to be replaced, which should happen early on my thursday courtesy of the friendly people at Dell. I swear, my computer watches my internet activity, and utterly fails whenever I need it not to.

EDIT: Note that I can run Civ on one computer, and connect to the internet on another(in a lab), but not both in the same room due to the utter-screwed-up-ed-ness of the computers I own, but I anticipate being able to do both on Friday with the anticipated tech visit.
Old February 19, 2003, 19:19   #11
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

It doesn't matter if it's held thursday or friday. I am nearly obliged to be at my student union on thursday evening and I'm off from about 17.00 on friday until the third of March.
After that I will probably able to be at any chat held, except if it's on thursday for the same reason I gave above.

Aidun
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG
Old February 19, 2003, 20:38   #12
Arnelos
Emperor

Thud,

This is the reason you have a Vice President and then ministers who can act as Vice President even behind the Vice President

Chain of Command for Term 9:

President Thud
Vice President Nimitz
Domestic Minister Aidun
Supreme Military Commander Arnelos
Foreign Affairs Minister Shiber

As long as you can BE THERE, you can still hold the POWERS of the President while one of the rest of us actually handles the save file. Because of trouble I had at one point with my copy of Civ3 and ISP troubles, I had to do that in 2 seperate turnchats during my own administration.

It's actually quite workable.

Even if you can't be there at all, the game can still go forward. You follow the chain of command for determining who possesses the powers of the President during the chat. If they hit any major snags, they stop the chat (as they should anyway).
Old February 19, 2003, 22:03   #13
Thud
Prince

Thanks Arnelos. Anyway, its a problem that should be solved soon, and since I never clearly stated when the chat would be it shouldn't hurt to have it a day later than it was never expected to be.

So, Friday, 2000 GMT. Oh wise Arnelos, is it the proper time to post the orders thread?
Old February 19, 2003, 22:21   #14
Arnelos
Emperor

Now don't mock me

and if you're going to hold a turnchat, you might as well post an orders t thread for it. You don't need me for that
Old February 20, 2003, 12:19   #15
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Thud
Thanks Arnelos. Anyway, its a problem that should be solved soon, and since I never clearly stated when the chat would be it shouldn't hurt to have it a day later than it was never expected to be.

So, Friday, 2000 GMT. Oh wise Arnelos, is it the proper time to post the orders thread?
hi ,

, okay , .....

have a nice day