Old February 17, 2003, 03:25   #1
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 13:50
Local Date: November 1, 2010
If Lux gets wiped out, do the other teams get to peek at their forum?
Or is Trip going to raze that too?

Just wondering.
Old February 17, 2003, 03:31   #2
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 15:50
Who knows... we won't find out until I ask you that question when your time comes.
Old February 17, 2003, 03:32   #3
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 14:50
No.

I really don't think it would be fair to do that to them.

If they want to publish anything they talked about in their internal forum, that's fair for public record. But I'd consider opening up the entire private forum for public scrutiny to be the equivalent of publishing a Private Message, it just wouldn't be fair considering the message was sent with the implicit assumption that we (those on the outside) wouldn't be reading it.

Just my argument...
Old February 17, 2003, 03:38   #4
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
No.

I really don't think it would be fair to do that to them.

If they want to publish anything they talked about in their internal forum, that's fair for public record. But I'd consider opening up the entire private forum for public scrutiny to be the equivalent of publishing a Private Message, it just wouldn't be fair considering the message was sent with the implicit assumption that we (those on the outside) wouldn't be reading it.

Just my argument...
I agree, I just thought we should get this decision out in the open so we would know how to handle it.
(And yank Trip's chain a little more. )

Should an extinct team's forum be closed? Are we going to reuse these teams for another on site PTW game?

I am coming to the idea that if we play another one, we should use a larger map size so the civs can develop more before conflict.
Old February 17, 2003, 03:38   #5
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

I believe this has been discussed before.

I too would strongly vote against this.

Things that are said in the locker room stay in the locker room, so to speak.

I imagine that a lot of things are said in the heat of battle that need to be buried forever, once this thing is done. Certain threads could be published, moved to the general forum, but most should be left in private.
Old February 17, 2003, 04:47   #6
jordie
PtWDG Lux InvictaCivilization III MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Warlord

Local Time: 05:50
Local Date: November 2, 2010
We have too much secret, powerful, possibly world-altering intelligence in there for it just to be open! lol
Old February 17, 2003, 05:09   #7
vondrack
lifer
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMPtWDG Legoland
Emperor

Local Time: 20:50
I agree with others, nothing should be made public unless Luxes specifically approve that. I, for one, know that Lego will be happy to make our Chronicle public once the game is over, since it contains only detailed description of the game events and progress and no comments or discussions. But the rest should remain buried forever, I concur.
Old February 17, 2003, 07:16   #8
DAVOUT
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb

I am coming to the idea that if we play another one, we should use a larger map size so the civs can develop more before conflict.
It all depends if intersite games are played on standard maps or larger, since this is supposed to be a game for training.
Old February 17, 2003, 09:10   #9
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 21:50
Quote:
I, for one, know that Lego will be happy to make our Chronicle public once the game is over,
Hmm,well, in our team that decision is entirely up to DeepO since he has worked so hard on it....
Old February 17, 2003, 09:33   #10
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by DAVOUT
It all depends if intersite games are played on standard maps or larger, since this is supposed to be a game for training.
Agreed, but now that MarkG has given us a forum and private forums, I don't really want to give them up..........
Old February 17, 2003, 09:56   #11
DeepO
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by alva
Hmm,well, in our team that decision is entirely up to DeepO since he has worked so hard on it....
*sigh* Alva, don't tell me you still have finished the introduction, how can I start recording when our history isn't up to date? You know I only live in the present, Chronicles are not my style

DeepO
Old February 17, 2003, 10:06   #12
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

what about after the game is done? I was under the impression that all the forums would be opened, and we could form a comprehensive idea of the history of the game...
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old February 17, 2003, 11:06   #13
DAVOUT
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Panzer32
what about after the game is done? I was under the impression that all the forums would be opened, and we could form a comprehensive idea of the history of the game...
As all archives, the forums will be opened 50 years after the death of the last participant; at least it was my understanding.
Old February 17, 2003, 12:22   #14
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by DAVOUT

As all archives, the forums will be opened 50 years after the death of the last participant; at least it was my understanding.
Civ time (turns) or real life?
Old February 17, 2003, 12:36   #15
DeepO
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

I'm partial to this. Opening a forum before the game ends is definately not acceptable, as it might contain info on other teams that is not public yet.

Opening after game end can be useful, a lot can be learned from watching the discussions (if you want to commit all the time in finding out what has been going on). But, it might hurt personal relations as certain posts are done knowing that the one that the post is talking about is not going to be able to read it. I think too many feelings will get hurt if we would do it, therefore all forums should remain closed (at least up to 50 years after the last particpants death, after that I don't care).

DeepO
Old February 17, 2003, 12:53   #16
DAVOUT
King

Quote:

Agreed, but now that MarkG has given us a forum and private forums, I don't really want to give them up..........
Good point, but you will be desappointed by bigger maps : the one tile tundra islands are all identical, whatever is the map size.

Old February 17, 2003, 16:09   #17
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 19:50
This also brings up another topic that was never resolved. What happend to the players from the defeated team?

Do they all go to the victorious team?
Does the victorious team get to pick which players they take "captive"?
Or are the players all turned into refugees and are free to join what ever team they want?
Old February 17, 2003, 16:22   #18
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

No. The forum should not be opened.

However, if Lux wants to give away all its secrets, that's welcome. (Akin to the U.S. opening up the CIA databases etc. and freely distributing them, but it's LI's decision.)
Old February 17, 2003, 16:34   #19
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Quote:
Do they all go to the victorious team?
Does the victorious team get to pick which players they take "captive"?
Or are the players all turned into refugees and are free to join what ever team they want?
refugees. What if ND takes Lux? ND is German...
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old February 17, 2003, 16:49   #20
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

We have contingency plans.
Old February 17, 2003, 17:08   #21
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

I'm sure the various Lux Invicta people can join other teams. There's no problem with that as long as they agree to be loyal to their new teams and not give away information they learn on their new teams - that would be rather unfair and violate the no spying agreement we agreed to at the start of the game.

But if they want to join other teams, go for it.
Old February 17, 2003, 22:34   #22
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

why not? it would be far more realistic. When the third reich collapsed germans went to both soviet and american hands and all their intelligence went along with them.

It would add twist to the game, but if you guys think thats unfair.

It would be actually cool if we caqn roll the dice to see if you will be captured by the invading team or escape etc.
Old February 17, 2003, 23:19   #23
Arnelos
Emperor

It's not what they learned while being on Lux Invicta that's the problem, it's that once they join a new team, if any of them spill the beans on what's being talked about on their NEW team to others now on other teams.

We agreed not to use spies from the start of the game, so accepting people is fine, but those people have an obligation not to cheat on behalf of their new team or another team by unfairly sharing private info with their former compatriots now on other teams.

Just want to make sure that's clear.
Old February 18, 2003, 10:09   #24
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

This is like getting a look inside KGB-documents. Very interesting, but I agree with Arnelos that the team should decide that for theirselves.

Aidun
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG
Old February 19, 2003, 22:27   #25
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Basically I believe the forums for defeatwd teams should be closed when they lose. But the members should be allowed to discuss what went on among their team, as has ben mentioned before much like the german scientist in ww2. Maybe this could even cause a bidding war for refugees. For example trip can say that he will go to whoever makes him the best offer.
Aggie
Old February 20, 2003, 07:38   #26
Thrumble
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 19:50
Quote:
Originally posted by Aggie
Basically I believe the forums for defeatwd teams should be closed when they lose. But the members should be allowed to discuss what went on among their team, as has ben mentioned before much like the german scientist in ww2. Maybe this could even cause a bidding war for refugees. For example trip can say that he will go to whoever makes him the best offer.
Aggie
This is probably the best suggestion. Close the team's forum when they are eliminated.
Old February 20, 2003, 08:34   #27
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

500 Squid for Trip!
Old February 21, 2003, 20:31   #28
realpolitic
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 11:50
In real life, the Spreme Court ruled that attoney-client priveledge ends when the client dies. I think Lux's forum should be public after we kill it. This knowledge is important, we've already blown our first decision by picking a weenie civ.
Old February 26, 2003, 15:49   #29
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Re: If Lux gets wiped out, do the other teams get to peek at their forum?
Quote:
If Lux gets wiped out, do the other teams get to peek at their forum?
Why do you think we would get wiped out?

Look behind you! Helicopters and Tanks are closing in on your Capital as we speak...
Old February 26, 2003, 21:19   #30
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Re: Re: If Lux gets wiped out, do the other teams get to peek at their forum?
Quote:
Originally posted by BigFurryMonster

Why do you think we would get wiped out?
You know, this thread has been here at the top of this forum for 10 days. Its kinda sad that you just now noticed it.