Old February 22, 2003, 09:16   #31
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 13:53
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Even thought it is related to me (which I guess is why I remember it) the time when Persia and Germany both declared war on after being bribed by France and I went on a post frenzy of posting 169 posts in a span of 6 hours to convince everyone not to make alliances with other civs and to fight the three of them on out own.

That was the day I ceased to be a lurker in the demo game and started being active. (Not necessarily a good thing for Apolytonia)
Old February 23, 2003, 21:17   #32
jdjdjd
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 14:53
Yes, the good old days. Most of the best memories have been mentioned
Some of mine not mentioned are:

1. The Mr. Orange v. Reddawg case - some great oration by that defense attorney

2. The first (or any) Gazette (as a symbol of all the Gazette's) .

3. Saving Moral Hazard and then UnOrthOdOx from the despicable Joan de Arc in my early days as an explorer/justice;

4. That maneuver of dropping swordsman to the west of that French city....did we call it Uber's Maneuver, or something like that.

5. Godking winning it all in Jungle Ball

6. Oh yeah and the good old days when Ghengis Farb was just a lurker in the demo game
Old February 26, 2003, 00:18   #33
Duddha
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 11:53
My Apolytonian Racial Elitists thread

I think everyone has already mentioned everything else I can remember, oh yeah, except mabye the DIA UFC political battles.
Old February 26, 2003, 01:12   #34
Timeline
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Duddha
My Apolytonian Racial Elitists thread

I think everyone has already mentioned everything else I can remember, oh yeah, except mabye the DIA UFC political battles.
Lol, brings back memories.....I loved engaging in those debates.

Hey! What about the time we captued our first capital, the city of Washington. Remember the story from long ago of Uber marching down the battlefield, and then when Ninot made the "Washington Address"?

.....lol....brings back memories indeed.

"The election between ninot/trip was more infamous than famous, I would suggest that after the game is over we see who should have won that election, just for historical accuracy." - Aggie

Great idea Aggie! That would be ALOT of fun...I just hope that poll didn't get (permenantly) burried. It would be very interesting if we could get the moderators to open it up and see who voted for who etc LOL.
Old February 26, 2003, 01:15   #35
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 19:53
TIMELINE COME ONLINE
Old February 26, 2003, 16:04   #36
Nimitz
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG LegolandNever Ending StoriesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

Yup hes back.
I guess the DIA didn't need that clone after all.
Old February 26, 2003, 17:19   #37
CiverDan
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Lux InvictaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Roleplay
Prince

MPP-gate (though I wasn't there)

Sir Donegeal and his knights. We still have one don't we?

The Great Leader debate. Though having the game held up for 2 weeks was not fun....
Old February 26, 2003, 17:21   #38
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 21:53
Quote:
Originally posted by Nimitz
Yup hes back.
I guess the DIA didn't need that clone after all.

hi ,

thats right , we dont need clones , .......

this cartoon from Aro really brings back a lot of fun , ..... we should all vote for Aro in the apolyton HOF , he deserves it , ....

have a nice day
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	panagnoe03l.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	38176  
Old February 27, 2003, 15:47   #39
ManicStarSeed
C4DG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityBtS Tri-League
Prince

Local Time: 11:53
Founding of Apolyton, a most horrendous start, realizing the uphill battle we were gonna have with the VAST jungle (remember that jungle) which seemed to have no end.

The Aro vs Arnelose election was (to me) most exciting.

Then there was my litagation riddled term as FAM. From beginning to end I was in court for one reason (MPPgate) or another (Vetogate). I won't forget that, though It would be best if I did.

Mss
Old February 27, 2003, 16:45   #40
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 21:53
The cartoon is great, I agree... but the made-up interview with Panag is even funnier.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old March 6, 2003, 17:00   #41
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 15:53
The Brief Scandels that we had (and some not so breif). The excitement of Election Day Results (especially when I was running against GF).

Helping to Bring Apolyton out of the War torn Dark Ages for 2 terms to being second in the World, then Removing the First Place Nation (Germany) while fighting the Romans at the same time. The Late nights I had spent as CP/DM.....

THe hope that the New Con would make things better (and it did somewhat) and the disappointment that it had made somethings worst.

The mud that was slung in the Arnelos/Aro Presidential Election (and hoping to see more, which didn't happen).

Working with Togas and the FAM to bring us the "Such a Deal" and "Such a Deal II" Tech trades, when everything was looking to be too expencive to buy.

Running a couple of Turnchats myself.

E_T
Old March 7, 2003, 07:25   #42
oedipus
Settler

Local Time: 19:53
Hmmm ,well what about the time Apolyton got his as$ kicked by GC in the first multisite demo game?

Hey ,you didn't ask for the most memorable moment's in the Apolyton demo game's.

Good luck guys with youre civ3 msdg game ,you'll need it. (CFC already got 10 modern armor)

TheDoF (TheDuckOfFlanders)