Old February 17, 2003, 22:41   #1
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Local Time: 14:54
Local Date: November 1, 2010
What to do with former Team members that are extinct
I propose we have a lil game with this. If we can develop some kind of roll the dice game it would be great. So the ex-members each take turn "rolling" the "dice" and come up with possibilities of

a) being captive of the invaders
b) taking refugee in an assigned team
c) free to escape to any team
d) stay in the capitol (be automatically captured)

//if team does not open doors to refugee they will not be included, thus no team will not get unwelcomed refugees.

If we can weigh the probability to a) more than there would be an actual benefit for destroying the civ because you would gain another member and all the intelligence with it.. Its just my suggestion to what to do with members.... What are your thoughts?
Old February 17, 2003, 22:43   #2
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Re: What to do with former Team members that are extinct
DP
Old February 17, 2003, 23:21   #3
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

"captive" of the conquering team will be problematic if any Apolyton-based team is conquered by Neu Demogyptica.

It might also be a problem for Vox Controli, who has very few people and the whole team might become flooded and eventually controlled by the people they conquered because their conquerees are so much more numerous than the conquerors

Just let people join whatever team they want.
Old February 17, 2003, 23:24   #4
Hot_Enamel
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 06:54
Local Date: November 2, 2010
CalcII.

Humans tend to hold grudges.

Could these new captives be trusted if they are to join the conquoring team ?
Sure ND will get Lux intel, but you cannot guarantee that those new Luxian ND members would not plot against them as spies.

The Peace Loving GOW would be very selective about who they would allow in, if we ever conquor another team.

Regs
Old February 17, 2003, 23:24   #5
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Local Time: 15:54
Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos

It might also be a problem for Vox Controli, who has very few people and the whole team might become flooded and eventually controlled by the people they conquered because their conquerees are so much more numerous than the conquerors

Maybe this should read: "Let them TRY to join whatever team they want."
Old February 18, 2003, 00:57   #6
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 11:54
If a team expires, the team members should just apply to whatever team they like. If the team lets them in, fine, if not, too bad. No team should be required to take on additional members and no person should be required to join a team (especially a team that has an all german language forum).

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old February 18, 2003, 01:14   #7
ZargonX
PtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 MorganC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsBtS Tri-LeagueApolyton UniversityPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's Union
Emperor

Yes, I would agree with Togas. No team should be forced to take on new members. Anyone wishing to join a new team can request to do so, but nobody is obligated to take refuges, as it were...
Old February 18, 2003, 02:23   #8
Thrumble
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 19:54
Quote:
Originally posted by Hot_Enamel
"The Peace Loving GOW"
Okay, I'm confused. What does the "W" stand for again?
Old February 18, 2003, 04:07   #9
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Well... GoW sends each of their saves to Togas, Dejon, and I and thus all of the PTWDG saves in my PTW directory start with the label:

Warmonger of the Warmongers

Provides a useful reminder every time I receive the save file of what Glory of War is really in the game to do
Old February 18, 2003, 04:17   #10
Darekill
PtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Prince

Local Time: 20:54
I can say that Neu Demogyptica will be open for refugees if they pledge loyality to their new team and if there is a poll in our team wich will accept those refugees!

No hard feeling for old enemys, since they were only trying to win the game something that everyone here is trying to do.

One barrier is, that we are based in a german forum and our posts there are of course in german. To become a member of our team it would be good to understand at least a little bit of german. We are able to translate things otherwise we could not communicate here but we wont translate every single post. English speaking members of Neu Demogyptica would be allowed to post in english though.

We had this in mind long before the war started so this is not only a rule for one special team which is subject to be eliminated anyturn soon........
Old February 18, 2003, 04:29   #11
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 12:54
that's an interesting question.

If the conqueror would take in the conquered members I would think they would have to limit their powers. You wouldn't just give them control of your nation
Old February 18, 2003, 07:56   #12
Thrumble
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEM
Prince

Quote:
Well... GoW sends each of their saves to Togas, Dejon, and I and thus all of the PTWDG saves in my PTW directory start with the label:

Warmonger of the Warmongers

Provides a useful reminder every time I receive the save file of what Glory of War is really in the game to do

Quote:
Originally posted by Dissident
that's an interesting question.

If the conqueror would take in the conquered members I would think they would have to limit their powers. You wouldn't just give them control of your nation
Emperor Trip of Neu Demogyptica.

How interesting.
Old February 18, 2003, 12:16   #13
astrologix
PtWDG RoleplaySpanish CiversInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Latin LoversC4DG Gathering StormPSPB Team EspañolC4BtSDG ImperioC4WDG Spamyard Team
Deity

Local Time: 21:54
Quote:

I see a danger on this statement.

Assuming that Lux is whiped out, I wouldn't a Lux member to join, for exemple, Lego or GS or Vox, because his knowledge of his former continent is mostly unknown for his new team and he could give them vital informations that would corrupt the normal flow of the game.

Do you understand my idea ?

We should edict some clear rules to avoid such a situations.

Last edited by astrologix; February 18, 2003 at 12:22.
Old February 18, 2003, 12:55   #14
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 13:54
Quote:
Originally posted by Thrumble

How interesting.
Old February 18, 2003, 13:01   #15
Mazarin
Civilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Quote:
We had this in mind long before the war started so this is not only a rule for one special team which is subject to be eliminated anyturn soon........
don't tell anything about our plans to conquer the world here
Old February 18, 2003, 13:15   #16
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
And GhengisFarb is left speechless...
I guess there's a first time for everything.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old February 18, 2003, 14:35   #17
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Quote:

How interesting.
Shhhhhh.
Old February 18, 2003, 17:27   #18
Zero
King

It's just a game dude and dudettes... Ya gotta make it interesting.

HE, if you hold a grudge agst a team, you shouldnt try joining that team, since you want to destroy them. Then you can just tell em that you hold a grudge so that they would reject you. You could say its a matter of honesty but then again its the same with existing member. Who's to say your existing member is working fromwithin to plan a downfall? Anyway its just a game so if someone is that desperate to win a game to resort to dirty methods...

darekill, we could establish a poly-based NDE private forum. Then the NDE members that speaks english can visit that private forum, keep the poly NDE members updated and carry any good ideas created by poly members to your site so that flow of informtaion can be bridged. Sort of like a colony, id say.

astrologix, just about every team has contact with everyone to a degree at this point except legoland who probably is stuck on some island billion miles away from rest of us. in fact limiting a place of refugee itself is kinda like giving away information. And how do you know if we had deep interaction with vox, GS or legoland?

Nelly, if we let the team have ultimate decision in whether individual will be let in, everything will be ok. No matter what the outcome of probability is, we can give power for the team to reject the outcome so that they dont get "undesired" members, or just flat out close the door to refugees. (dont take part in the game)

oh and HE, who said we were talking about lux invicta here? I started this thread to address how to deal with gow members that wont be existant once we conquer you!~

Heh, but I kid myself, beside I dont think we even have to power to make such trash talking jokes anymore... or.. do we? *calc hides a big red button that says "launch"*

Last edited by Zero; February 18, 2003 at 17:53.
Old February 18, 2003, 20:45   #19
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Conqueror absorbs conquerees. Why not?

The colony kinda fixes the language barrier problem.

IRL conquerors get conquerees.
Old February 18, 2003, 21:10   #20
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Calc II
Heh, but I kid myself, beside I dont think we even have to power to make such trash talking jokes anymore... or.. do we? *calc hides a big red button that says "launch"*
You ALWAYS have the power to make trash talking jokes.
Old February 18, 2003, 22:56   #21
Hot_Enamel
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 06:54
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
It's just a game dude and dudettes... Ya gotta make it interesting.

HE, if you hold a grudge agst a team, you shouldnt try joining that team, since you want to destroy them. Then you can just tell em that you hold a grudge so that they would reject you. You could say its a matter of honesty but then again its the same with existing member. Who's to say your existing member is working fromwithin to plan a downfall? Anyway its just a game so if someone is that desperate to win a game to resort to dirty methods...
I was just making comment that your “roll the dice” method, and you are captured by the conquering team would not work, because both the conqueree and the conquered may not want to join.

Quote:
Nelly, if we let the team have ultimate decision in whether individual will be let in, everything will be ok. No matter what the outcome of probability is, we can give power for the team to reject the outcome so that they dont get "undesired" members, or just flat out close the door to refugees. (dont take part in the game)
Basically what I was trying to say

Quote:
oh and HE, who said we were talking about lux invicta here? I started this thread to address how to deal with gow members that wont be existant once we conquer you!~
Perhaps the timing of this thread made me use Lux as an example.
It doesn’t matter anyway, with the speed that Lux is disbanding their cities, there will be no team to take over in a few rounds
Old February 19, 2003, 05:21   #22
AroSch
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Warlord

Quote:
darekill, we could establish a poly-based NDE private forum. Then the NDE members that speaks english can visit that private forum, keep the poly NDE members updated and carry any good ideas created by poly members to your site so that flow of informtaion can be bridged. Sort of like a colony, id say.
I'm not darekill, but i like the idea and i support it.
Old February 19, 2003, 12:17   #23
Darekill
PtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Prince

sory to reply that late.

I find the idea great to have a privat ND Forum here for the english speaking members of ND that might come in as the game continues.

I would hate it to say no to someone who want's to be part of our team only because he doesn't speak german. We are all human and should be treatet like that.

It will be a chalange to run two Forums parallel one in english and one in german but we should try this.

This apeals to all of the members of teams that possibly be defeated by any other team. It is not meant for Lux people only. Though the luxian empire is obviosly the first to fall.

btw. I don't see no emporer Trip of Neu Demogyptica. If he'd aply to the job and would get elected then there could be a governor Trip of Neu Demogyptica but it is nothing i would fear, since the power of our leaders is very limited.....

Last edited by Darekill; February 19, 2003 at 12:22.
Old March 4, 2003, 18:56   #24
realpolitic
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

If they're coerced into a team then they're likely to try to subvert them, by persuading them into doing dumb things. They should be free to choose where they want to go.
Old March 6, 2003, 17:23   #25
realpolitic
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

Quote:
We're in the game to win, just like everyone else.

A recent message from RP refered to itself as a "diplomatic powerhouse". Your "powerhouse" has lied to us and others quite a bit.
Old March 6, 2003, 17:49   #26
realpolitic
Prince

Quote:

How interesting.
How about Emperor Trip of the Falklands?
Old March 6, 2003, 20:06   #27
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

edit: whoops
Old March 7, 2003, 04:37   #28
OliverFA
PtWDG RoleplaySpanish CiversInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesCiv4 SP Democracy Game
King

Quote:
Originally posted by realpolitic

We're in the game to win, just like everyone else.

A recent message from RP refered to itself as a "diplomatic powerhouse". Your "powerhouse" has lied to us and others quite a bit.
Would you be so kind to give an specific example of an event in which RP lied?