View Poll Results: Where to send the warrior?
Fortify in H Town! 3 25.00%
Fortify in Pressburg! 0 0%
Explore mountain site! 4 33.33%
Explore forest site! 4 33.33%
Dont move! Fortify! 0 0%
Arttack Graz! 1 8.33%
Abstain! 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 18, 2003, 07:30   #1
Pedrunn
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 16:55
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Where to send the warrior?
We have a warrior in which Turambar sent to check how mnay units there are in Graz. Since the attack to Graz will take longer than expected. he decide to bring the warrior back.

Now the warrior is halfway to Graz. So where should it go?

Fortify in H Town to defend the city, retore HP and maybe be sent back to the suicidal mission!

Fortify in Pressburg to mainly defend the city, retore HP and maybe be sent back to the suicidal mission (not that far)!

Explore the mountain site. He could go to that site to know if anything interesting is there.

Explore the forest site. We could find some interesting things in the site near to Graz.

Stay where he current our. He can see units coming from Graz and still has time to rush to H Town in case anything happens.

Attack to Graz. He must suicide imediatly to know what Graz is guarding!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	sem título-3cópia.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	37301  
-Jean Rostand

Last edited by Pedrunn; February 18, 2003 at 07:38.
Old February 18, 2003, 08:33   #2
Zaphod Beeblebrox
King

Local Time: 20:55
well, if the warrior was to move this turn, i would vote for exploring the forrest region. we have to know, how the terrain looks, so we can know, how fast reinforcements (be they austrian, be they our own) can pass through that territory. next turn the situation might be different already, depends on enemy moves. in general i believe, the warrior should continue scouting the border region between h-town, graz and graz' sourroundings. it will be more valuable as a scout in the field, than as a scout for one shot at graz at the moment, since we have to gather more troops in the region nevertheless. if it can be replaced by a healthy scout than he should be sent back to cure his wounds before he leaves on a new mission.
Old February 18, 2003, 09:59   #3
Pedrunn
King

Local Time: 16:55
I like the forest better than the moutains and far better than the others.

But i dont know wether i cry or laigh if we loose that unit in such a mission!
-Jean Rostand
Old February 18, 2003, 10:02   #4
Zaphod Beeblebrox
King

better, to loose it on a scout mission, which gives us time to prepare for the coming enemy, than in a useless (at the current time) attack on graz or by the same army marching towards us, two turns later in our own, unprepared territory
Old February 18, 2003, 10:06   #5
Gilgamensch
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
King

Pedrunn, could you please mark this poll as unoffical........

And I would still like to see it being used as a 'explorer'.
Old February 18, 2003, 14:46   #6
Tamerlin
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
King

Local Time: 21:55
IMO the Warrior should follow the river until he reach the tile next to the glass ressource (Goal: scout the territory and spot incoming armies), then move around Pressburg staying just two tiles away of the city vision range (goal: scout and spot incoming armies).

IMO there is no need to send him explore the forest as this is near the path our future army would follow to attack Graz. If we detect an incoming army while heading towards Graz we would have the troops to fight it.
Old February 18, 2003, 17:21   #7
miggio
Call to Power Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 19:55
from the looks of the boarders there is a city at the forest site. Since its not mapped yet i think its fair to say its small, easy prey for our forces. so the warrior should go to the forest site. For one propose, to force the enemy to send units to that city to defend it from attack, after a few turns of confusion for our enemy we can strick graz. but that warrior has to stay really close to the forest site so the enemy can c him, naturally they will try to kill him.
Old February 18, 2003, 17:46   #8
child of Thor
Emperor

We are at war no? Fortify in our important cities - there has got to be an austrian army out for revenge somewhere? Once we have Graz then we will know more of the territory and will have a few more units for defence of our cities(if most survive the attack).
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.
Old February 18, 2003, 21:51   #9
HuangShang
King

Local Time: 12:55
i'd say to go north, but since its not an option, i want to attack graz from it east
Old February 19, 2003, 04:03   #10
Zaphod Beeblebrox
King

cot, i believe the warrior is put to a better use, if it looks for that army to come, so we know, how to eventually move our archers and hoplites around
Old February 19, 2003, 05:28   #11
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 21:55
We should explore west. Whether that's west or north-west doesn't make too much of a difference to me (I voted north-west (mountain))
Old February 19, 2003, 09:29   #12
child of Thor
Emperor

Zaphod B(or ZB ok?), yeah there is part of me that wants to explore - i'm just feeling a little paranoid at this momment in time.
We are playing on the highest difficulty setting and i just feel we need to be more defensively minded, atleast untill Austria isn't a threat anymore.
Oh my GOD!!! its two stacks of 11 units moving towards H town, where the bleep did they come from and that scout would be useful if it could get there in time to help defend
But then again i suppose if we scouted we would see that stack coming?And it is coming right?
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Old February 19, 2003, 09:33   #13
MrBaggins
CTP2 Source Code Project
King

Maybe. Although the AI at this point of history probably doesn't have enough troops left over from garrisonning strategy to form huge stacks. (like 11)

It will eventually, but we are a ways away from there.

MrBaggins
Old February 19, 2003, 10:03   #14
Zaphod Beeblebrox
King

cot, at the moment we can't fortify all our cities strong enough to defend against a possible huge attack force. so we need to scout the border area, to know in time, where to move our troops.

oh, and zb is fine to
Old February 19, 2003, 10:39   #15
child of Thor
Emperor

MrBaggins, I think the AI gets alot of bonus production/gold etc, especially on higher difficulty settings. So we can't just count its cities and work it out as if they were our cities. I might be wrong on this with this Mod, but i was under the ipression that all Mods helped the Ai 'cheat' a little?

And Zaphod, thanx! ZB is much easier

Old February 19, 2003, 12:02   #16
MrBaggins
CTP2 Source Code Project
King

In terms of ongoing production and commerce there is only a relatively small bonus for the AI. In most part their bonus is proportional to whether they ahead or behind, and by age. The AI gets for all intents and purposes, no bonus in the situation it is now... ahead.

Its real bonus is starting with more settlers and having more cash and pw. Its blown through its initial cash and pw, and now is productive because of the large number of cities it has, and its headstart on key techs.

MrBaggins