Old March 29, 2001, 15:58   #1
sboog
Warlord

Local Time: 01:10
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Ordering manual from EA
Does anyone know how long it takes to get the $5 manual from EA for SMAC? Ordered mine 5 weeks ago and still hasn't come.

sboog
Old March 29, 2001, 18:53   #2
Wiglaf
Never Ending Stories
Emperor

Local Time: 00:10
sboog,

if a message you want answered does not get a reply, simply reply to it yourself and bump it to the top of the list. This is better than reposting the topic several times because others are less confused and will reply more often.

As for your question, I wouldn't know as I haven't ordered a manual from any company before. I guess it would take a while as they don't have them immediatly ready. If you don't get it in a month or so try emailing them about it or call in.

------------------
The fault lies not in our SMAC, but in our stars.
~ Vanguard, February 2, 2000.
Old March 30, 2001, 17:13   #3
sboog
Warlord

Thanks for the "bump!"

It seems no one here has had to order the SMAC $5 manual from EA. I guess all of you got the "nice" paper one that used to come with the game. Oh well.

A strategy guide is nice, but for me a manual is a must. Do any of you know ANYONE who ordered this $5 thing from EA?????

Looks like more and more games are being sold cheaper and without the paper manual. That is a shame. Part of the fun of the game is opening the manual and enjoying going through it as one learns the game.

I even saw a cheaper Age of Empires in a box that now has no manual. I have that game with the manual. In fact, I bought it twice! That manual is beautiful and I think anyone going into that game without one is really missing something.

I have a feeling it is the same with SMAC. That is why I want a manual so much, even if it is a little $5 cheapie.

sboog

Old March 30, 2001, 18:14   #4
rwprice
Warlord

What about an electronic copy? Would that work? I know you paid for the one from EA, but you may want the electronic version if yours never comes. Maybe one of us could find a way to get it to you (I'm not sure how big it is).
Old March 30, 2001, 18:24   #5
sboog
Warlord

Thanks go much for offering to help me with the electronic version.

I have that on my game CD, but I have had some trouble printing it out (it is LONG) and when you get such a pile of papers, it is not the same as a bound manual.

sboog
Old March 30, 2001, 23:48   #6
Wiglaf
Never Ending Stories
Emperor

Yeah, I know what you mean. Vel (one of the most innovative forum users here) is actually getting his strategy guide published because of that very reason.

Try calling EA/Firaxis or emailing them. They'll tell you the specifics. I think you said before that it took a long period of time for another manual to arrive - maybe wait for a little more than that this time, I dunno. If it doesn't come in a month and a half or so, complain.

As for a temporary solution, sadly there is none . Of course, it's robbery if EA just takes your $5 and forgets about it, so don't worry too much. Sometimes, though, you've got to be aggressive and demand to find out what's going on .

------------------
The fault lies not in our SMAC, but in our stars.
~ Vanguard, February 2, 2000.
Old March 31, 2001, 01:09   #7
It'sLikeThat

oh! so thats's what bumps are!

in that case,

bump

sboog, doing you a favor, bumpin it for you. as for manuals, i don't know. none of my games have manuals. i import all my games from malaysia, where they cost $2 each. have someone there to fedex me 10 - 20 games monthly.
[This message has been edited by It'sLikeThat (edited March 30, 2001).]