Old February 21, 2003, 13:14   #1
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 14:07
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Cheap plug for EliteSquadrons...
Elite Squadrons is an online game site which hosts one of the last few Prominence-style games on the Net.

ES' Prominence combines the original fantasy-style Prominence code with sci-fi tech and is currently at 2.25 beta and 2.23 stable (for you opensourcers.)

It's also free to play, just be sure, like here at 'poly to click on the adds (and do random searches) to keep the costs down.

It also hosts ES' Worlds which is based on the open-source WarDog game (think Risk(tm)) but has the ability for multiple new maps and will soon be up and running with unique new maps for new players and new strategies!

Also coming to ES soon will be ES' Universe... it's similar to StarKingdoms for those of you have played that, though better, and run by Unimatrix (a former player and leader of the Borg Collective of StarKingdoms) it proves to be quite a worthwhile project.

Yours-truely from 'poly is in the works for creating ES' WoD which will host the multitude of games from White Wolf's World of Darkness universe. The coding is underway for one of the net's first fully-cross game character generator based in MySQL and will be chat-based to keep the fun of table-top pen and paper role-playing at its highest.

Right now we're looking for STs who are familiar with all of the game systems since obviously I can't be around all the time there.

Feel free to e-mail me with questions and suggestions (especially in regards to the role-playing) for what else you'd like to see at ES though (Uni wants to make it a nice big and popular site)... if you've heard of an open-source game that you'd like to actually play in an environment that is meant for it, the ES is the place to offer ideas and watch it happen!

For those of you D&D types, after the bugs are worked out of the character generator for WoD we'll begin working on making a similar system for D&D... I just know WoD better which is why we're starting the alpha testing with that.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...