Old April 12, 2003, 21:06   #61
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 20:08
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Possibly. Although I don't know how to do mine, I don't have too many people in my army, just much automated machinary.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old April 13, 2003, 11:08   #62
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 04:08
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue
Although at the levels suggested on NS forums, mine (with my level of military spending) could be 120 Million Now thats an army
Well, our country is a big Switzerland, as we have a compulsory military service program. So we have a big reserve.
Old April 13, 2003, 23:01   #63
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 06:08
You're all full of crap.
Old April 14, 2003, 14:23   #64
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

Exactly Mr. Pres. By general NS rules I could have that big an army, but it isn't feasable. Instead, the only way I can RP it is that most of my military spending goes into R&D, and thus I have very high tech weapons. I just take it that with that much military, according to the UN, I can kick the ass of almost anyone

Old April 14, 2003, 21:57   #65
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Quote:
You're all full of crap.
Not me- my army's reasonable
Old April 14, 2003, 22:02   #66
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 12:08
My army is only 1% of my total population.
Old April 14, 2003, 22:09   #67
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 07:08
My army's less than 0.5%.
Old April 15, 2003, 01:39   #68
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

That's fine, and I understand that it rocks to be a superpower, but not every country is one at a given time.

That's why I wanted to have a small nation. I was trying to take one for the environment and be a non-gargantua.

It didn't work, though. Maybe the creator learned everything he knows from Civilization and so is not aware that there is such a thing as a small country with a small army.

Quote:
My army is only 1% of my total population.
Yes, but what's your population?
Old April 15, 2003, 09:42   #69
Urban Ranger
Deity

Well my country has a population in excess of 580 million, and I have an army of a bit more than a million.
Old April 15, 2003, 11:30   #70
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. President
That's fine, and I understand that it rocks to be a superpower, but not every country is one at a given time.

That's why I wanted to have a small nation. I was trying to take one for the environment and be a non-gargantua.

It didn't work, though. Maybe the creator learned everything he knows from Civilization and so is not aware that there is such a thing as a small country with a small army.

Yes, but what's your population?
I have a population of 485 million people.
Old April 18, 2003, 18:46   #71
ceroomaster
Civilization III PBEMNationStates
Prince

Pop is nearly 600M, ground troops 3.5M, whats that about 0.5%-0.6%?

Updated stats again, due to pop being twice size since original post.

I feel the need to go:
ACK :-p
Old April 19, 2003, 15:34   #72
Jack_www
King

DarkCloud when you going to update the first post?
Old April 19, 2003, 21:39   #73
Jack_www
King

DarkCLould if you want I can update the stats myself latter.
Old April 19, 2003, 21:41   #74
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

If you want to- please go ahead I don't have time anymore
Old April 19, 2003, 23:32   #75
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

The Incorporated States of Greater Chimerica
Population: 580 million
Troops.... 3.4 million active, 5.2 million reserve
Marines... 350 000
Spec/Ops... 61 000

Tanks.... 124 640
Airplanes... 2600 fighters, 1250 ground-attack aircraft, 810 heavy bombers, 2100 attack choppers
Nuclear Weapons... 120 missiles, 600 warheads

Carriers... 5
Cruisers... 22
Destroyers... 72
Missile Frigates... 137
Missile Subs... 11
Attack Subs... 23

Active ABM forces: None, rely on Centralian facilities.

Total Military Budget: 4 trillion MAFTI chimers (12% of the GNP)

Last edited by GeneralTacticus; April 20, 2003 at 00:55.
Old April 20, 2003, 00:54   #76
Jack_www
King

GT can you post Chimerica population?
Old April 20, 2003, 00:57   #77
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Edited in. The main reasons for having such a big military are, first, compulsory military service, and second, having the third largest per capita military budget in the region (and expanding it frequntly since then).
Old April 20, 2003, 01:03   #78
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

The Republic of Centralis (updated, ignore earlier posts on this matter)
Population: 615 million

Troops.... 2.7 million
Marines... 220 000
Spec/Ops... 60 000

Tanks.... 80 000
Self-propelled artillery pieces... 24 000
Mortars... 270 000
Airplanes... 1600 fighters, 750 ground-attack aircraft, 510 heavy bombers, 1700 attack choppers
Nuclear Weapons... ~180 missiles, 600 warheads

Carriers... 4
Cruisers... 18
Destroyers... 66
Missile Frigates... 107
Missile Subs... 12
Attack Subs... 18

Active ABM forces: Sufficient to stop up to 400 nuclear warheads in a zone covering Centralis, Alecrast, Greater Chimerica, and the surounding area.

Total Military Budget: 1.13 trillion MAFTI centrals (6% of the GNP)

Major Units: (including those contributed to Fonseca Treaty command)

‘Condor’ Battalion:

3000 troops & officers, elite counter-insurgency paratroopers. Formed during the civil war and employed until recently to hunt the remnants of the rebel armies, a task which they completed with zealous efficiency.

‘Ironsides’ Division:

9000 troops & officers, heavy infantry using experimental power armour and autocannons (see below for details). Primarily used for frontal attacks one enemy positions with no or minimal heavy weapons.

Power Armour: Developed by a private contractor in Ferrozoica in co-operation with Centralis Defence Industries, this consists of several layers of Kevlar and other materials, several centimetres thick, which covers the entire body (including the head), and uses a mechanical exoskeleton to help the wearer move. It has proven virtually invulnerable to small-arms fire, and has been known to survive being caught in the blast of tank shells.

Autocannons: Developed in conjunction with Power Armour, this is a effectively a 20 mm Gatling gun, which fires explosive shells at more then 1000 rounds per minute. It has an ammunition belt reaching into an ammo container stored on the back of a power armour suit, which contains enough shells for more than an hour’s firing. It is capable of penetrating tank armour if it finds weak spots, and a single hit anywhere on a human body is usually enough to either kill or irrevocably cripple the target. The shells also have a fragmentation effect, which can cause serious injury to anyone nearby when it goes off.

‘Raven Guard’ Brigades:

20 000 crack troops trained in guerrilla warfare and sabotage. Intended to operate behind enemy lines, attacking isolated targets and rallying opposition fighters (if any). Equipped with Kevlar armour under a variety of camouflage gear, and silenced weapons for maximum stealth.

First Narmenian Armour Brigade:

Approximately 1000 tanks manned by crack crews (the brigade was founded in the province of Narmenia, in northwest Centralis; hence the name); intended to use their tanks en masse to break through enemy lines and inspire terror through numbers and skill. Have been known to successfully use exceedingly tricky tactics, including driving through enemy formations from opposite sides and reforming on the other sides (manoeuvre known as ‘the scissors’). Has yet to lose a single tank to friendly fire or collision with units members, a record unmatched by any other units in the Centralian military.

XXXVI Integrated Infantry Corps, ‘The Mailed Fist’:

50 000 troops and officers troops equipped with heavy Kevlar armour, night vision gear and heavy assault rifles, 1500 heavy tanks, 300 combat helicopters, 2000 light mortars, and 500 self-propelled heavy artillery pieces. This division was formed during the Sheepstan civil war, in order to prosecute urban warfare against the forces of Sheepstan fundamentalism, though they did not play a major role. They were instrumental in seizing control of Neuvostan from the rebels in the following civil war in Centralis, and developed into the primary city-fighting unit in the Centralian army.

'Salamanders' Battalion:

This unit (comprised of approximately 6 000 troops and officers) is another heavy infantry one, trained mainly in close-quarter fighting.It's members are equipped with heavy, multi-layered armour and their primary weapon is a large flamethrower. They proved to be horrendously effective at attacking enemies in trenches during the Centralian civil war, but the alrge fuel tanks they carry on their backs proved to be quite dangerous, requiring heavy armour on it as well. This has resulted in Salamnder troopers moving quite slowly, and they have welcomed the recent introduction of Power Armour into the Centralian military. The first units of Salamanders expect to be outsfitted with them quite soon.

Hawk Wing:

This is unquestionably the finest wing in the Centralian air force, comprised of 72 two-man aircraft with several hundred reserve pilots, officers, and support personnel, who train almost constantly in aerial combat and ground attack missions. They are the first to have been equipped with the new K-46 'Night Hunter', an upgraded version of the K-45 'Intruder' fighter developed in co-operation with Karakas. It is the first Centralian aircraft to be equipped with a crude neural interface with the pilot, allowing information and commands to be processed much more quickly. It has a top speed of over Mach 4 and is capable of either air to air or air to ground strikes with equal effectiveness.

'Ghost' Regiment:

Containing approximately 12 000 crack commandoes, this secretive unit is the primary Centralian counter-terrorist unit, trained in all manner of situations. They are also well trained in assassination, sabotage, and infiltration, and their skill in doing so without detection was what earned them the 'Ghost' title. The assassination of a number of key rebel miltiary officers during the civil war (carried out in a joint attack with the Alceast Yokuza units) was crucial in bringing about the collapse of the rebel army, and they also took part in the later hunt for surviving rebel guerillas.

XVI Artillery Division; 'Devastors':

Tis unit contains approximately 500 self-propelled artillery pieces, each with a three-man crew, along with several aerial reconaissance squadrons to pinpoint targets. They are brought in when themilitary needs to reduce a spefici target to rubble without risking aircraft and with a high degree of precision, which this unit is more than capable of delivering. Although they were created after the civil war and hence have yet to see actual combat, during exercises they have proven their ability to fire with amazing accuracy and efficiency.

Last edited by GeneralTacticus; April 24, 2003 at 05:24.
Old April 20, 2003, 02:17   #79
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

I suggest everyone making up stats for this army read this thread:

http://www.nationstates.net/forum/vi...er=asc&start=0

It contains some quite useful guidelines for military sizes and their consequences.
Old April 20, 2003, 11:51   #80
Urban Ranger
Deity

Updated stats
Noosland

Pop: 612 million
Army: 2.2 million, equipment includes tanks, APVs, attack helicopters, self-propelled, regular and missile artillery
Marine: 800 thousand
Special Forces: 300 thousand, including alpine troops

Navy: Consists mainly of destroyers, frigates, missile boats and other lighter ships with several heavy missile cruisers. No carriers have been planned. The sub fleet consists of mainly diesel attack boats with a number of nuclear attack boats. A small number of boomers are in service.

Air Force: 2300 fighters (including 250 Advanced Superiority Fighters), 250 tactical bombers, 100 strategic bombers, plus special purpose planes (anti-sub warfare, electronic warfare, AWAC, etc.). Stealth craft numbers not disclosed.

Strategic Rocket Force: 85 ICBM with MIRV nuclear warheads.

Uncoventionals: anti-sat missiles, killer sats, thermoplama bombs, neutron bombs, EMP bombs, concussion bombs, sonic weapons, long range anti-radiation missiles, tactical missile defenses, laser weapons (in development), particle beam weapons, non-lethal weapons.

Chemical weapons: none
Biological weapons: none
Old April 20, 2003, 12:04   #81
Urban Ranger
Deity

Command ships: 3 (Artic Glow, Pacific Sunrise, High Noon)
Battleships: 3 (Indomitable, Impassable, Invincible)
Heavy Cruiser Paris Commune
Heavy missile cruisers: 7
Light missile cruisers: 19
AEGIS anti-missile cruisers: 17
Missile destroyers: 25
ASW destroyers: 59
AEGIS anti-missile destroyers: 21
Missile frigates: 55
Frigates: 75
AEGIS anti-missile frigates: 35
Escorts: 97
Missile Boats: 173
Coastal patrol crafts: 335
Hydrofoils and hovercrafts: 753
Amphibious assault transports: 237

Diesel attack boats: 359
Nuclear attack boats: 35
Nuclear missile boats: 9

Non-combat vessels (including tugs, transports, tankers): not counted
Old April 21, 2003, 13:38   #82
Jack_www
King

Military Forces of Apolyton
Population:
Total Population Over 5.23 Billion
Noosland: 612 Million
Jackson: 522 Million
Centrails: 615 Million
Chimerica: 580 Million
Iguana Fire: 87 Million
Uberlandia: 395 Million
Alecrast: 438 Million
Eternal Cold: 507 Million
Karakas: 314 Million
Wine: 303 Million
Eation: 260 Million
Ceroo: 600 Million

Ground Forces:

Troops
Total Troops over 39.5 Million
Noosland: 2.2 Million
Jackson: 2.2 Million
Centrails: 2.7 Million
Chimerica: 8.6 Million
Iguana Fire: 17000
Uberlandia: 3.95 Million
Alecrast: 3 Million
Eternal Cold: 400,000
Karakas: 753,000
Wine: 4 Million
Eation: 10.24 Million
Ceroo: 3.5 Million

Marines:
Total Marines 4,216,000
Wine: 600,000
Eation: 1,050,000
Chimerica: 350,000
Centrails: 220,000
Noosland: 800,000
Jackson: 1,100,000
Karakas: 96,000

Paratroopers:
Total Paratroopers 1,385,000
Jackson: 500,000
Eation: 700,000
Uberlandia: 100,000
Karakas: 85,000

Spec/Ops:
Total is 984,250
Noosland: 300,000
Chimercia: 61,000
Centrails: 60,000
Jackson: 30,750
Uberlandia: 100,000
Eternal Cold: 60,000
Wine: 3,750
Eation: 43,750
Iguana Fire: 20,000
Alecrast: 205,000

Tanks:
Total Tanks 867,653
Jackson: 135,000
Centrails: 80,000
Chimerica: 124,000
Iguana Fire: 3
Uberlandia: 60,000
Eternal Cold: 20,000
Wine: 100,000
Eation: 142,500
Ceroo: 20,500

Other Vechicles/Artillery
Total 1,417,829
Wine: 92,000
Eation: 692,250
Centrails: 294,000
Iguana Fire: 29
Eternal Cold: 12,000
Jackson: 271,900
Ceroo: 6000

Airforce:
Fighters: 32,490
Fighter-Bombers: 15,500
Bombers: 7,273
Ground Attack Air: 8681
Other Helicopters: 10,165
Attack Helicopters: 10,597

Navy:
BattleShips: 45
Carriers: 91
Curisers: 334
Destroyers: 986
Frigates: 1302
Subs: 814
Old April 23, 2003, 21:21   #83
Drogue
staff

Welcome back everyone. Here is the Akirian army, finally all accounted for

Akiria has quite some army. However, we do not believe in having enormous masses of rank and file troops. As such, and with the control of Akizeta, we have a large array of computer operated and automated weapons, mainly for defence, combined with a very tooled up 'standard' army. As such, the amount of military power we have should not be purely represented in the number of troops we have, but taking into account their quality, of both training and equipment.

If you don't want to bother with the explanation of how I got my figures, don't bother reading this. This was just me tryign to work out how much I have to spend, and how big an army is realistic.
All currency in USD, 2000 base.
I have tried to work out the GDP per capita of Akiria, to help with deciding on spending. Since Akiria is roughly like the UK, but with less business regulation, and much more environmental restrictions, I figured that it's GDP per capita will be slightly lower then the UK, but not by that much. Since the US has a GDP of ~$28,000pc, and the UK of ~$20,000pc, I figure Akiria's will be ~$18,000pc. This, with a population of 1308 Million, gives a total GDP of $23,544,000 Million, or ~23.5 Trillion. Considering that we have the 2nd largest per capita army in the region and the largest arms manufacturing industry in the Apolyton (#11 in the World), our military is likely to be about the same % expenditure as the US, which is ~6-7% GDP. Therefore, Akiria’s military budget is $1.53 Trillion (~4 times the USA’s, but with ~5 times the population, therefore pretty realistic IMHO). The average wage in Akiria will be about the same as the GDP, thus the average military wage will be about the same, so ~$18,000pa. Plus extensive training, costing ~$12,000pa per person, giving a total cost per person of $30,000pa. Add on 1/3 pay for the 10 Million reserves, which is ~$60 Billion. This gives a total wages and training cost of $390 Billion. The other costs were worked out proportionally from US military budget figures, adjusted for the more technological, R&D sort of military that I want.
Sources: World GDPs, Military Expenditure and US Military Budget 2004

This is a lot. Therefore, here are the stats: (main bits in bold, to go in total region list)

Total Population: 1324 Million
Total GDP: ~23,544 Billion USD
Total Personnel: 12 Million (0.9% total population, or ~4% Men aged 18-50) plus 10 Million Reserves, who can be called up, but on 1/3 pay (Troops: 6.25 Million, Marines: 750,000, Paratroopers: 1 Million, Support Staff: 3 Million)
Total Budget: 1530.36 Billion

Wages & Training: 390 Billion
Equipment and Transport: 425 Billion
Supplies: 200 Billion
Research and Development: 390 Billion
Military Construction and housing: 25 Billion
Miscellaneous: 100.36 Billion

Army
Total Regular Troops: 4.25 Million – All armed with either assault rifles or sub-machine guns, pistols, night/thermal-vision, Gorelarä Body Armour and camouflage as appropriate unless otherwise stated. All specialists train ordinary troops.

Akirian Based
Auroran Division: 1.5 Million – based in the Great Plains.
Bhurpha Division (The Dark Browns): 500,000 – mountain specialists, have access to climbing equipment, based in the Cloud Peak Mountains.
Zem Division (The Light Browns): 250,000 – mountain specialists as above, based in Zeta N.P.
Sibalese Division (The White Tips): 500,000 – cold weather specialists, tooled as such, based near The Frozen Lake, but train just North of Zeta N.P.
Total: 2.75 Million

Zetaris Based
Zetaris Division: 750,000 – based all over islands.
Total: 750,000

Based in Friendly Nations
Foreign Expeditionary Division: 500,000 – based currently in Xzibit.
Murq Division (The Yellow Tips): 250,000 – desert specialists, survival experts with sand resistant equipment, based currently in Xzibit.
Total: 750,000

Vehicles and Equipment
Tanks: 400,000 (of which 100,000 desert ops equipped)
Armoured Transport Vehicles: 1 Million (of which 200,000 desert ops equipped)
Mobile Missile Launchers (hold 12 missiles each): 100,000
‘Cannons’: 50,000
- Large missile like weapons, capable of demolishing buildings.
ICBMs: 10,000
Short range missiles: 3.6 Million
Nuclear Warheads: 1,000

Most battalions (groups of about 100 soldiers) have a number of anti-tank and hand-held rocket equipment.

Navy
Marines: 750,000 - water specialists, trained to scuba dive, attack underwater, control ships and such. Split into 3 divisions:
The Sky Blues: 250,000 - based in Aurora (Akiria).
The Ocean Blues: 250,000 - based on Risa (Zetaris).
The Sea Blues: 250,000 - based currently in Xzibit.

Navy Personnel: 1.25 Million – soldiers and military personnel who man and operate all submarines, ships and aircraft carriers. Also defend harbours and ports. Mostly based in New Apolyton, with training held in Aurora, however a large number of troops posted in Zetaris.

Ships and Equipment
Battlecruisers (Battleships): 92 - large, 100+ man ships, armed to the gunnels.
Destroyers: 850 - smaller attack ships, ~50 man crew, heavily armed.
Assault Ships: 180 - relatively small, usually carry marines. Quite well armed, use to launch a marine invasion.
Aircraft Carriers: 200 - very large, can carry ~25 fighters or 10 bombers each, and can launch 2 at a time. Heavily armoured, but lightly armed.
Armoured Transports: 2,000 - large transport vessels, lightly armed, can carry >200 men each.
Light Transports: 3,000 - small vessels, lightly armed, carry <100 men each.
Submarines: 650 - some large, some small, fast and unseen. Including 20 nuclear equipped subs.

Air Force
Paratroopers: 1 Million – split into 3 divisions:
500,000 – based and training in The Cloud Peak Mountains (Akiria).
250,000 – based in Nim (Zetaris).
250,000 – based currently in Xzibit.

Air Force Personnel: 750,000 - soldiers and military personnel who man and operate all aircraft, and help on carriers. Mostly based in Aurora, however a relatively large number of troops posted in Zetaris. All can fly if needs be.

Planes and Equipment
Fighters: 50,000
Bombers: 10,000
Large Bombers: 1,000 - can launch an ICBM, or drop an extremely large, nuclear-sized conventional bomb.
Armed Helicopters: 10,000
Transport (and Paratrooper) Planes: 5,000
Transport Helicopters: 10,000

Total Special Ops: 1 Million
Special Air Service (SAS): 200,000 – heavily trained, elite parachutist and air based troops. All can fly some military aircraft. Based in Aurora, New Apolyton and Risa. Under air force’s control.
Special Boat Service (SBS): 150,000 – heavily trained, elite navy personnel. Can work almost any ship in the Akirian Navy. Based in Aurora and Risa.
Special Ground Service (SGS): 250,000 – heavily trained, land-based troops. Trained in espionage, and can take the place of many of the lightly specialised forces in the army. Experienced, hardened troops that can use almost any weaponry. More heavily armed than most normal troops.
Akis: 300,000 – part espionage agents, part sappers, part sharpshooters. Armed with Akis Sniper Rifles, and 2 silenced pistols, as well as plastic explosive. Trained to go about unseen, and to work autonomously. A very shady operation, run directly by the war room. Based secretly.

Total Support Staff: 3 Million
Army Support Staff: 1 Million
Air Force Support Staff: 500,000
Navy Support Staff: 500,000
Medical Corps: 1 Million

All equipment, and most personnel, equipped with GPRS, and linked to the Akirian Satellite system.

Edited for typo's and code errors

Last edited by Drogue; April 23, 2003 at 21:30.
Old April 24, 2003, 01:46   #84
Archaic
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 MorganACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Alecrast

http://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/...ation=alecrast

The recent massive population growth in Alecrast, coupled with the massive increases in military spending by the government (With only Law & Order and Education receiving similar levels of funding), have substantially boosted both Alecrast’s' offensive and defensive capabilities. Below are the revised stats and descriptions reflecting the increased numbers, as well as being more specific on the levels of training and equipment.

Army:
Formerly the smallest of Alecrast's military divisions, the Alecrast Army, led by Lance-General Renaldo Dantes now number approx. 3.5 million troops.

Of these, nearly 2.1 million come from the Army Reserves, who each receive one week of training every two months and serve for at most 5 years before being discharged, unless they join the Regulars. While the reserve units are almost totally Light Infantry (approx 95%), there are a number of specialized units of Heavy Infantry, Mechanized Infantry, "Rough Riders" (i.e. Light Horse), Mechanized Cavalry (i.e. Bike Units), Marines and Paratroopers. Generally, a Reservist will be trained in several doctrines besides the standard Light Infantry, however this will by and large depend on just how much talent the reservist has displayed. No matter what type of unit, all reservist units are led by a full time career solider, usually a non-commissioned officer, though not always the case, especially as far as the specialized units go.

Total Equipment No. for the Reserves: 20 000 tanks, 3000 self-propelled artillery pieces, 20 000 APCs, 100 000 transport trucks, 75 000 jeeps and other miscellaneous vehicles.

The rest of the army is formed by full time career soldiers. Their force makeup is a stark contrast to the reservists, with only 30% light infantry, with another 5% being reservist unit commanders, military police, or military intelligence. The rest are split between dedicated units of specialized troops, and the renowned elite Alecrast battalions that have served in the Sovietskii Soyuz, Centralis, and Sheepsta ("Holy Empire", "Civil War" and "Protectorate" campaigns) emergencies.

Battalions of Note:

Foreign Legion
While its numbers are smaller than they once were, the Alecrast Foreign Legion is still the equal largest of all the Battalions, with a full compliment of 200,000. Of these, very few are actually Alecrast nationals, as the name implies. Most that have joined this force have done so to gain Alecrast Citizenship for them and their families through national service rather than having to go through the long red tape that is immigration.

Equipment: 5000 tanks, 2500 self-propelled artillery, 10 000 mortars, 15 000 APCs, 600 combat helicopters, 15 000 transport trucks, 12 000 jeeps and other miscellaneous vehicles.

Knights of Flaim / Marmo / Valis
Rarely serving in any overseas theater (Indeed, they have only been deployed outside Alecrast once in the last decade, with the Knights of Marmo and Valis deployed to North Sheepsta to defend it from New Sheepstan aggression during the Protectorate disputes, and then subsequently to defend Urbanised when it declared independence from New Sheepsta after the controversial regional court case), these three Battalions are the successors to the armies of the 3 major city states which were engaged in the Chaos Wars, the Civil War that immediately preceded the creation of the Commonwealth of Alecrast. Each numbering around 50,000 strong, these Battalions are primarily garrison troops, trained for cityfights and repulsing attacks on both fortified and unprepared positions. As such, an unusually high number of their troops are trained in the use of Artillery and AAA, and they also have the direct control of a large number of Alecrast's defensive missile stocks.

Equipment No. per Battalion: 2500 tanks, 2500 self-propelled artillery pieces, 5000 mortars, 2000 APCs, 200 combat helicopters, 250 AAA batteries (1 battery = 4 guns), 250 transport trucks, 200 jeeps & miscellaneous vehicles.

Madboyz
Something of an embarrassment to the Alecrast armed forces, the Madboyz Battalion is formed of all the hot heads who simply wouldn't fit in with their units, but are simply far too talented to let waste away in a remote Foreign Legion outpost, in the brig, or to court-martial. Certainly the least disciplined, and usually the poorest equipped except when they loot something from their foes, you'd never know just how little training they do when you see them on the battlefield. In one famous engagement, a DRUNK unit of Madboyz wandered onto the battlefield in a jeep at slow speeds and blundered into an entire enemy regiment.... and less than an hour later, that entire unit wandered back into the bar all in one piece, while the enemy regiment littered the ground like so many flies.

Equipment: Varies depending on who they’ve just been fighting.

North Sheepstan Brownshirts
A rather odd battalion in the scheme of things. Patterned after the Rangers, the 40,000 strong Brownshirts are the remains of the North Sheepstan military's Brownshirts regiment (The other 10,000 having either fled to Centralis, Karakas or Bulbagarden after the court decision in the Protectorate disputes), which left with the Alecrast military (And taking their families with them) rather than live under New Sheepstan rule. Already having gained much experience against the New Sheepstan military, this battalion is currently on semi-permanent assignment in Urbanised, to protect the newly independent territories from New Sheepstan aggression. They will likely merge into the Urbanised military force at some point, owing to the fact that they hold their loyalty to Sheepsta first above all else. As such, while they are for the moment nominally considered part of the Alecrast contribution to the defense of Urbanized, they are not truly part of the Alecrast armed forces, instead considering themselves part of the Fonseca treaty forces, and so should be considered as such by the forces of other nations.

Equipment: 1500 tanks, 1000 self-propelled artillery pieces, 4000 mortars, 3000 APCs, 200 combat helicopters, 2500 transport trucks, 2000 jeeps & miscellaneous vehicles.

Praetorian Guard
The Monarch's Personal Guard, the Praetorians are Alecrast's equal smallest elite Battalion along with the Yokuza, at only 5,000 strong. Indeed, with the large numbers of secret operatives of the Yokuza, the Praetorians are likely the smallest of all Battalions. While now primarily an honour guard, the Battalion is still well trained, though its functions are limited, with much of the Battalion being mechanized infantry, with only a small contingent of snipers and combat engineers.
While hard to identify on the battlefield, with their markings being very similar to those of the Knights Battalions, the Praetorians have one defining characteristic. The Monarch's personal transport has a bull’s-eye painted on the top hatch, and on the end of the main gun. To this day, the transport has not once been disabled or wrecked in battle.

Equipment: 200 tanks, 500 mortars, 450 APCs, 50 combat helicopters, 250 transport trucks, 200 jeeps & miscellaneous vehicles.

Rangers
A battalion having served in all three of the Sovietskii Soyuz, Sheepsta and Centralis emergencies, the Rangers are truly the elite of the Alecrast army. Taking a similar role to Marines in most forces, the Rangers are the equal largest of all the battalions, at a full 200,000. These forces are dispersed pretty much equally amongst the various Alecrast duchies (With the exception of the Sheepsta Protectorate, which has its own special Battalion taking a similar role to the Rangers, the Brownshirts, which is completely comprised of Sheepsta Nationals, with the exception of some of its command staff (Many of which were defectors from the former "Holy Empire", or are of immediate Sheepstan descent)), though some of the smaller duchies such as Doujin and Teribii of course are represented by a smaller division of troops.
Trained for combat in any terrain and under all weather conditions, and equipped with the best Alecrast has been able to produce or procure, the Rangers are generally the first response to any new threat, and have thus far completed all their assigned tasks superbly, to the point where other battalions, especially those dating back to the armies of the various nation states that now make up Alecrast's duchies, feel somewhat resentful towards them, stemming from feelings that they've been marginalized. Only time will tell if the Rangers continue to spearhead the Alecrast Army or if internal politics will see the other battalions take the lead in future deployments.

Equipment: 4000 tanks, 2000 self-propelled artillery, 12 000 mortars, 20 000 APCs, 600 combat helicopters, 18 000 transport trucks, 15 000 jeeps and other miscellaneous vehicles.

Yokuza
A battalion with close links to the Military Police and Military Intelligence, the Yokuza are Alecrast's primary counter-intelligence and counter-terrorism unit, having served in all three of the Sovietskii Soyuz, Sheepsta and Centralis emergencies. They also have also been used in an urban warfare role in the past, though only units having served in the Sovietskii Soyuz have any real combat experience in that regard. Generally operating in "units" ranging in size from a single operative to perhaps a dozen men, the Yokuza are Alecrast's equal smallest force elite Battalion at only 5,000 strong...at least by the official figures, though it's somewhat of an open secret that the Yokuza could be practically everywhere. Including, right behind you, your most trusted bodyguard...up until now. Acting in a similar manner to some terrorist organizations of the past, units tend to form "sleeper cells" which activate as needed to protect Alecrast and its allies, allowing for rapid response to any crisis.
While the Yokuza are known as perhaps the most highly trained force of all Alecrast’s' military, equipment standards in the battalion are relatively low compared to others, such as the Rangers, Windriders. Indeed, no other elite unit besides the Mad boyz likely has such a low standard in this regard. At least the Yokuza have an excuse though, as unless they are an "official" unit operating from Alecrast itself, they must often rely on weaponry and miscellaneous equipment of local manufacture, and which would be available to a civilian of that area without attracting suspicion. However, that's not to say a "sleeper cell" would necessarily be poorly equipped, and there's at least one documented circumstance of a local gun nut and military buff, with several supposedly aging and "permanently disabled" pieces of large military hardware in his backyard turning out to be a Yokuza agent. Thankfully, in that instance, when his cover was blown upon his death from natural causes, the government of that nation agreed to cover up the incident so that both nations could save face. Alecrast for having had him there, the other nation for having had such a massive hole in its intelligence services.

Equipment: Not applicable due to unit structure.

Navy:
Formerly the equal largest of Alecrast's military divisions, the Alecrast Navy, led by Admiral Beata Norseworthy now numbers approx. 700,000 seamen and women.

Of these, about 200,000 come from the Navy Reserves, who each receive three weeks shoreside and three weeks at sea of training every year and serve for at most 5 years before being discharged, unless they join the Regulars. Reservists serve mainly as seamen and women, however there are small clusters of reservists serving in the weapon crews, and in engineering. Most of those people eventually go on to join the regulars at some point. There are no officers, non-commisioned or otherwise, within the Reservists, and they are commanded at all times by full time regulars.

The rest of the Navyis formed by full time career soldiers. Their force makeup is a stark contrast to the reservists, with only 30% seamen and women. The rest are split between the officers, engineers, weapon crews, special forces (The Kraken), Navy Aerospace (Pilots) and Navy Aerospace (Deck Crews) in the ratio of 10/30/10/20/5/15.

There are six main battlegroups in the Alecrast Navy, each serving out of a specific major port, those being Flaim, Riod, Marmo, Sonii, Doujin and Port Urbanised (Formerly North Sheepsta, now Urbanised). The Port Urbanised battlegroup, obviously enough, is specifically charged with the protection of Urbanised terratorial waters, and like the Army Brownshirts regiment, is crewed completely of Sheepsta Nationals, with the exception of some of its command staff. These battlegroups are obviously nowhere near being of equal size or importance, and as such are ordered here by size.

Marmo Battlegroup
With Alecrast's Navy having its primary HQ here in Marmo, it is no small wonder that its main battlegroup would also be based here, with its central position in the Alecrast islands allowing it quick access to both the mainland, and to Sonii and Doujin. (North and West Alecrast of course being protected by the Flaim Battlegroup, the 2nd largest of the 6 main groups.) Being personally commanded by Admiral Beata Norseworthy herself, the battlegroup boasts an unusually high ratio of ships to submarines, with very little in the way of either troop transports or supply ships, simply because of its primary function as a defensive battlegroup. However, while it may be low in quantity submarine wise, it is not low on quality. Indeed, all ships in the battlegroup are Nuclear Powered, with backup Diesel generators.

Composition: 2 carriers, 9 cruisers, 23 destroyers, 32 missile frigates, 3 missile subs, 4 attack subs, 3 troop/supply transports.

Flaim Battlegroup
Composition: 1 carrier, 6 cruisers, 14 destroyers, 26 missile frigates, 4 missile subs, 6 attack subs, 6 troop/supply transports.

Port Urbanised Battlegroup
Composition: 2 carriers, 11 cruisers, 15 destroyers, 29 missile frigates, 6 missile subs, 3 attack subs, 8 troop/supply transports

Sonii Battlegroup
Composition: 1 carrier, 5 cruisers, 11 destroyers, 21 missile frigates, 3 missile subs, 6 attack subs, 6 troop/supply transports.

Riod Battlegroup
Composition: 1 carriers, 6 cruisers, 10 destroyers, 19 missile frigates, 1 missile sub, 7 attack subs, 5 troop/supply transports.

Doujin Battlegroup
Composition: 1 carrier, 7 cruisers, 13 destroyers, 24 missile frigates, 2 missile subs, 5 attack subs, 6 troop/supply transports.

Air Force to be posted soon

Last edited by Archaic; April 24, 2003 at 06:25.
Old April 24, 2003, 01:49   #85
Sheep
DiplomacyNever Ending StoriesNationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton University
King

occ: Also Urbanised is not to be held by Alecrast as it is Sheepstan.
Old April 24, 2003, 02:38   #86
Archaic
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 MorganACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheep
occ: Also Urbanised is not to be held by Alecrast as it is Sheepstan.
[OOC]
Sheeps failure to acknowledge the RP that Urbanised has declared itself independant from "United Sheepsta" doesn't change the fact that it happened. However, for once, he is partially right. Urbanised is *NOT* held by Alecrast. It is mearly being defended by Alecrast troops under the Fonseca treaty.
[/OOC]
Old April 24, 2003, 02:42   #87
Sheep
DiplomacyNever Ending StoriesNationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton University
King

The fact is that if Alecrast does not withdraw from Sheepsta like the Court has decreed that even if Urbanised has declared itself independent it will not be recongnised.

The Court will hear of this.
Old April 24, 2003, 03:17   #88
Archaic
Emperor

The fact is that Alecrast did withdraw from Sheepsta. Its forces are now in Urbanised, which is no longer part of Sheepsta by its own peoples decree.

Last edited by Archaic; April 24, 2003 at 03:29.
Old April 24, 2003, 03:29   #89
Sheep
King

Unfied Sheepstan Armed Forces
United Sheepsta (add the figures of New Sheepsta, North Sheepsta and South Sheepsta together to get the total population). Also add the figure of the Dominion of Jobedpet to this also.

This is the first publication of Sheepstan military assets. Unified Sheepsta ruled by the Green Party has relaesed these figures
Army:

The Unfied Army is led by Field Marshall Nexus, from the province of South Sheepsta. He has been an advocate of the reuinfication of the nation for sometime. He leads what is the larges arm of the military forces numbering some 5 million soldiers.

Of these, nearly 3.9 million come from the Army Reserves, with the rest of the population trained to a certain extent, through compulsory military service. The Reserve units are mainly made up of light infantry and lightly equipped forces. While they continue to be upgraded few batalions of the reserves have a large mechanised contigent. Cavalary too plays some role in the Reserves

Total Equipment No. for the Reserves: 8 000 tanks, 3000 self-propelled artillery pieces, 10 000 APCs, 65 000 transport trucks, 71 000 jeeps and other miscellaneous vehicles, 500 000 Horses

The rest of the army is formed by full time career soldiers. Their force makeup is a stark contrast to the reservists, with only 30% light infantry, with another 5% being reservist unit commanders, military police, or military intelligence. The rest are split between dedicated units of specialized troops, These battalions have served in many campagins.

Battalions of Note:

Sheepstan Gaurd
This battalion survived the overtrhow of the Lord Protector in the first incursion and swore loyalty to the Sheepstan people. It numbers around 40,000 men and is highly capabable in urban and jungle warfare where most of its campagins have taken place. They are equipped with protectoive gear and are sometimes refered to Chem-boys. The Pretorians are independent fighters and are quick thinking assets of the Unified government.

North Sheepstan Brownshirts
A rather odd battalion in the scheme of things. Patterned after the Rangers, the 5,000 strong Brownshirts are the remains of the North Sheepstan military's Brownshirts regiment The others having either fled to Centralis, Alecrast, Karakas or Bulbagarden after the court decision in the Protectorate disputes. These men have seen that New Sheepsta does not control the Unified Sheepstan state and have started to work for the Sheepstan authroties to compkete the unification with the liberation of Urbanised from the Alecrastian puppet regime.

Equipment: 500 tanks, 100 self-propelled artillery pieces, 400 mortars, 3000 APCs, 20 combat helicopters, 250 transport trucks, 200 jeeps & miscellaneous vehicles.

Sheepsstan Special Service (SSS)
The SSS is the elite batalion of the Sheepstan government. Capabale of fighting off many regiments larger than they, due to great equipemnt and better training the SSS has done Sheepsta proud. Most notable was the destruction of an enitre regiment of Holy Empire troops by a platoon in the USS war.

Equipment: 10000 tanks, 6000 self-propelled artillery, 18 000 mortars, 25 000 APCs, 1000 combat helicopters, 20 000 transport trucks, 30 000 jeeps and other miscellaneous vehicles.

Sheepstan Special Defence (SSD)
The Intelligence Batalion of the Sheepstan military they are known to be psedo- Terrotists in their structure alone. They operatre ofetn alone and are able to infiltrate the enemy and cause havoc from within. SSD operatives are almost unstoppable each one costing milions of dollars in training, chemical, hormonal and physical conditioning. It is sometimes remarked that they are not human but machines in their prusuit for their enemies.

Equipment: Not applicable due to unit structure.

Deep Jungle Battalion.
While many think this battalion says it all, it doesn;t. These men are able to live in the harsh and often deadly condiotns of the jungle, being immune to most poisions is a plus, though. Due to their opertaional environment they are equiped with jungle warfare weaponry and have little to no vehicles at all. The Batalion is at 20,000 strong,m but the often operate in platoons able to supplmennt the gureillas in the incrusion campagins and use reconsassince very well especially in the areas of the jungel were areial and satelite images are next to useless.

However they are not only suited to Jungel warfare with their silent movement and their weaponry suited to buildt up areas suits urban warfare.

Equipment: mainly shotguns, flamers, machine guns and motars.

Navy: Headed by Admirl Chirs Neilson of New Sheepsta
Enlisted Men: 3 million servicemen.

Navy
Marines: 1, 500,000 - water specialists, trained to scuba dive, attack underwater, control ships and such.

Ships and Equipment (all are4md with missiles)
Lambston Class Aircraft Carriers: (2) 5000 servicemen each, carries 500 fighters, and enough room for three divions of troops.
Urbanised Class Aircraft Carriers: (5) 1000 servicemen each, carriers 100 fighters.
Battleships (10) 1200 servicement each, armed with cruise missiles, torpedoes, and guns.
Destroyers (12) 900 servicement each, armed with cruise missiles, and guns
Frigates (10) 600 serivcemen each, armed with cruise missiles and a gun.
Crusiers (10) 600 servicemen each, armed with guns
Troops Ships (20) enough room to carry 3000 troops and equipment
Supply Ships (30) enough room to carry 1000 vehicles)
Patrol Boats (225) 25 men, carries platoons in coastal areas to patrol.
Torperdo Boats (156) 10 men anti-sub and anit-ship torpedoes.
Chopsu Class Submarines (15) 200 men non-nuclear
Rikassua Class Subamrines (5) 500 men, 4 balistic missiles, with 6 warheads each.

Air Force

Paratroopers: 250,000

Air Force Personnel: 640,000
Planes and Equipment
Fighters: 7,000
Bombers: 5,000
Armed Helicopters: 8,000
Transport (and Paratrooper) Planes: 7,000
Transport Helicopters: 8,000

Unconventional forces
Personael: Classfied
Nuclear warhead: Classified
Chemical Warheads: Classified
Biological Warheads: Classified

Last edited by Sheep; April 24, 2003 at 19:44.
Old April 24, 2003, 03:33   #90
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Sheep, before you attempt to make up any more of this BS, I suggest you read the thread I posted above.

http://www.nationstates.net/forum/vi...er=asc&start=0

Then try to explain how a state which would be significantly smaller than either Alecrast or Centralis even if North & south Sheepsta were included (and whether they should be is debateable, to say the least) could have an army bigger than eitherr of them put together.

EDIT: And I expect Archaic would appreciate it if you refrained form copying and pasting your army from his stats (not to mention the fact that by copying form tehre and from Drogue's description, you've made some rather large factual errors...)

Last edited by GeneralTacticus; April 24, 2003 at 03:39.