View Poll Results: Shall the enabeling resolution pass?
yea 19 86.36%
nay 3 13.64%
banana (abstain) 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 22, 2003, 13:22   #1
roadcage
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 14:10
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Senate Bill: Diplomacy enabeling legislation
Senate Bill: Victory by diplomacy has passed with

30 yea
20 nay
1 banana

Hence enabeling legislation for necessary treaties is in order.

Resolved: The senate hereby authorizes the Foreign Minister, President, or other designated player running the turnchat, to enter into Alliances against Japan with any and if practical all remainig Civs. This authorization will continue in force from passage until 1 turn after completion of the UN as Na'rmer has been instructed to perform by other legislation.
Old February 22, 2003, 13:44   #2
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 15:10
Seems logical to me.

Athough perhaps we might want to leave out Babylon and Rome if we want to remove Babylon and/or Rome from those eligible to vote.

I note that this bill leaves FAM with the option of doing so, and it may be more controversal to take out these nations than winning via the UN and so I'll support this bill.
Old February 22, 2003, 14:47   #3
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 22:10
If we can get Russia and Rome to eliminate the Iroquois and Babylon, we'll have two less civs to worry about.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old February 22, 2003, 18:05   #4
roadcage
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 14:10
The UN vote is only 9 turns away. There is little likelyhood that any more Civs will be eliminated in the meantime. There is no likelyhood that Rome could eliminate Catherine, as there is one Russian city safely behind our Cavalry wall.

The senate is committed to assigning the great task of building the UN in Apolyton to Na'rmer. The senate is committed to winning by diplomacy. These things will occur. The senate needs to pass this enabling legislation to enhance our chances of the Banana winning the UN vote.

The nation of Apolytonia has worshiped the Banana for all of recorded history. And yet thruout all of that time, citizens of this nation have made fun of the Banana, saying that the Banana could never win.

Did the Banana cast vengance upon the people of Apolytonia for their blasphemous ways? No. The Banana continued to bless our people of all nationalities and encouraged us to grow and prosper.

And so, my fellow senators, when you cast your vote on this bill, please -----

Think of the Banana

Last edited by roadcage; February 22, 2003 at 23:14.
Old February 24, 2003, 12:42   #5
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 17:10
Quote:
Originally posted by roadcage
The UN vote is only 9 turns away. There is little likelyhood that any more Civs will be eliminated in the meantime. There is no likelyhood that Rome could eliminate Catherine, as there is one Russian city safely behind our Cavalry wall.

The senate is committed to assigning the great task of building the UN in Apolyton to Na'rmer. The senate is committed to winning by diplomacy. These things will occur. The senate needs to pass this enabling legislation to enhance our chances of the Banana winning the UN vote.

So, friends... What about win the game in this term?

I'll post this in the "Where's everybody" thread...