View Poll Results: Is this a good idea?
Yes 4 28.57%
No 10 71.43%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 22, 2003, 16:17   #1
MJW
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 15:11
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Lets sign Rops
Lets sign Rops so everyone will like us better. They will pay us because we are the biggest nation.
Old February 22, 2003, 17:29   #2
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

You realize this poll has no timeout and is thus not valid, right?

I guess this would be a good alternative to signing MPPs, should we need more than alliances. We really need to figure out whether Japan will be our only opponent...
Old February 22, 2003, 18:52   #3
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 14:11
What is with you people and RoPs?

Do you routinely give the AI every third city you found as gifts also?
Old February 22, 2003, 20:09   #4
ucicsboy
Civilization III Democracy Game
Settler

Local Time: 12:11
An RoP to *anybody* would be a mistake.. let us not forget the Persian "incident"...
Old February 22, 2003, 20:48   #5
MJW
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Prince

I ment the nations that are going to be at war with Japan when we declare war with them.
Old February 22, 2003, 21:28   #6
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

"Let's sign RoPs"

translation:

"Let's slit our own throats"

Unless this is the turn before the Diplomatic victory and we're using them to bump up our chances in the vote, there is absolutely no reason to sign RoP agreements with anyone to fight a war with off-continent power JAPAN.
Old February 22, 2003, 21:36   #7
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 14:11
Railroads + RoPs = Sheer Insanity.

This is poll 2 of 4 in the "Let's sneak in RoPs when the Apolytonians aren't looking conspiracy to make us lose the game."

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; February 23, 2003 at 11:35.
Old February 26, 2003, 08:46   #8
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 22:11
hi ,

where are the days that people with such proposals ended up deep in the jungle , .........

no rop's no rop's

, this is complete madness , ... we just cant trust those little aliens around us , ......

have a nice day
Old February 28, 2003, 06:11   #9
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 07:11
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Thats some sort of crazy talk.
Old March 1, 2003, 01:33   #10
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 08:11
Local Date: November 2, 2010
It is of course entirely possible that signing ROPS will not improve our relations enough to be in the good books. Given that everyone has had an issue with these for CENTURIES, perhaps it's best we leave them, unless we can establish unit borders with the ROP signees, much as we have to the south. Looking at the save, I am still shocked to see so many cities undefended. Yes I know we will be fine as the border cities are defended (if poorly), but signing any ROPs will mean that we would need to spend time and effort fortifying these now highly vulnerable centres.

If we sign ROPS, we will need to build many more units, slowing us down. Unless we are prepared to trade in this for a small advantage (if any at ALL), then NO.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!