Old February 23, 2003, 16:28   #1
Chemical Ollie
King

Local Time: 22:14
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Is PTW now patched out of the box?
I heard that PTW was recently released in Sweden and Finland. Does anyone know if the version sold in these countries includes the patch? If not, what took them so long?

Last edited by Chemical Ollie; February 23, 2003 at 16:35.
Old February 23, 2003, 16:42   #2
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 13:14
I believe the length of time involved with the Nordic release has to do with the "language" for the game.

I would be very surprised if the Swedish/Finnish version is patched out of the box though...

On a side note: I will be traveling to Sweden this July for 3 weeks to visit some friends/pick-up a new Vovlo SUV in Goethenborg.
Old February 23, 2003, 16:45   #3
Merepatra
BreakAway Games

Local Time: 20:14
I bought PTW in Australia last week and it came prepatched. So that does explain some of the delay in getting it released there.
Old February 23, 2003, 16:48   #4
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Ah, thanks for the clarification Merepatra. So I guess the Swedish/Finnish release will most likely also be prepatched then.
Old February 23, 2003, 16:51   #5
Chemical Ollie
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Wittlich
I believe the length of time involved with the Nordic release has to do with the "language" for the game.

I would be very surprised if the Swedish/Finnish version is patched out of the box though...

On a side note: I will be traveling to Sweden this July for 3 weeks to visit some friends/pick-up a new Vovlo SUV in Goethenborg.
The language is English (I hope). So what is different from the English version?

Can you afford a VOLVO SUV? That's the most expensive car they (Volvo) ever made. The delivery time was long even before a transport ship with several months of production sunk in the English Channel. Did you order the car already? Don't they ship it to where you live?
Old February 23, 2003, 17:12   #6
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Actually, my partner's father (he's a retired doctor) is the one actually buying the car. Volvo offers a package deal - a free trip to Sweden for 2 people to pickup the car. Then Volvo will ship the car back to the States (price of shipping is included in the price of the car). My partner's father could not make the trip because his wife is sick, so my partner and I will be "making the sacrifice" and going to pickup the SUV for him....and since we have friends in Goethenbrg, we've decided to make the free trip a vacation for us.

We have already ordered the SUV and will physically pick it up at the Goethenborg Volvo factory on 04 July.

Yes, the Vovlo SUV is not cheap - but then again, considering other luxury SUVs, it's not that expensive. I believe my partner's father will be paying around $55,000.00 for it. It is a very impressive automobile!
Old February 23, 2003, 23:32   #7
Switch
Prince

Local Time: 15:14
I think I remember hearing about some other PtWs being released (ones that took a while) prepatched to v1.14f. I believe the Spanish one will be patched, so probably if the Swedish/Finnish ones haven't been released they will too be prepatched.

OT: $55,000.00 USD . That's about $82,797.00 CA up here! What, exactly, is your partner's father's occupation?
Old February 24, 2003, 07:42   #8
Cesa
Chieftain

Local Time: 21:14
Quote:
Originally posted by Switch
I think I remember hearing about some other PtWs being released (ones that took a while) prepatched to v1.14f. I believe the Spanish one will be patched, so probably if the Swedish/Finnish ones haven't been released they will too be prepatched.

OT: $55,000.00 USD . That's about $82,797.00 CA up here! What, exactly, is your partner's father's occupation?
Quote:
Originally posted by Wittlich
Actually, my partner's father (he's a retired doctor) is the one actually buying the car.
Hope you have a good time in Sweden

I didn't even know PTW was out here, it's been delayed so many times I stopped checking a month ago...
Old February 24, 2003, 08:43   #9
aaglo
King

Local Time: 23:14
In finland it'll be released (The PTW, not the volvo SUV ) on the 27th of Feb (next thursday)... It's about time, I say!
Old February 24, 2003, 16:01   #10
Chemical Ollie
King

Quote:
Originally posted by aaglo
In finland it'll be released (The PTW, not the volvo SUV ) on the 27th of Feb (next thursday)... It's about time, I say!
AARRGGHH!! I just checked. 7th of March is the latest news for Sweden. What is taking them so long?

If there is another delay, I might use a P2P network to get a cracked version. Why would they deserve my money?
Old February 24, 2003, 16:49   #11
statusperfect
King

The first release date in sweden was 29 Nov ... that is a horrible delay.

I too get a feeling Infogrames doen't give a **** about small countries.