Old December 19, 2000, 18:00   #91
Bohlen
Prince

Local Time: 17:54
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Well, I did mean to get my log posted, but should just forget it now. I keep meaning to bring it to work and post it, since my PC at home sucks. I'm glad to see Leo's got completed. I was hoping to get that finished myself so that the onslaught could begin. Good job, guys! Keep it up.
Old December 19, 2000, 22:23   #92
Christantine The Great
Prince

quote:

Originally posted by kcbob on 12-19-2000 04:10 PM
Hey, CTG, don't be upset with CornMaster. I don't think he was dissin' you. I think he was truly sorry that you didn't have time to play the game you birthed.

Please, feel free to shout out and jump back in when you do find the time. 'kay?

I see your point. I will probably have time over my school vacation for the holidays. Sorry.

Old December 20, 2000, 07:02   #93
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 22:54
Just a quick note - We still exist, but have not had a game recently, like everyone else - Christmas is a time of very little civin so if we do get one (a game) there may be some delays ...

Cheers,

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
"The Great Library must be built!"
"A short cut has to be challenging,
were it not so it would be 'the way'."
- Paul Craven
Old December 21, 2000, 01:44   #94
CornMaster
Prince

Local Time: 19:24
Yeah. I wasn't dissing you.

------------------
"I'm too out of shape for a long fight so I'll have to kill you fast"
"If LESS is MORE, just think of how much MORE, MORE would be!"
I AM CANADIAN!
Civfanatics.com Civ 2 Multiplayer Ladder!
My Civ 2 Scenario Page.
Old December 21, 2000, 01:47   #95
CornMaster
Prince

Local Time: 19:24
Yeah. CTG I wasn't dissing you. I was re-read it and it did sound a little sarcastic. I apoligze. Actually, I may have to bow out of the game as well. My computer is on the outs so I got a new one but that's not working either. Could be a few (lot) of days before I get it working. So I can only check this from work now But I must follow my own advice and press on.

P.S. Don't count me out yet though. I'll check back and see when it come to my turn.

------------------
"I'm too out of shape for a long fight so I'll have to kill you fast"
"If LESS is MORE, just think of how much MORE, MORE would be!"
I AM CANADIAN!
Civfanatics.com Civ 2 Multiplayer Ladder!
My Civ 2 Scenario Page.
Old December 22, 2000, 00:16   #96
drake
King

Local Time: 18:54
Forgive me fellow players, for i have sinned. I have taken the game sent to me from Fergus and gotten out of hand. I know I was only supposed to play 15 rounds, but I lost count, because I wasn't really paying attention to it. I ended up going a tad too far.....say 13 rounds too far .....really, this was a mistake, not intentional........

Anyway, if one of you guys wants to replay my slot from fergus's last slot, I would be understandable. Perhaps I can just be skipped next time around?

Anyway, if you guys don't mind starting from 1540 instead of what I was scheduled for, here's what happened under my reign.....I was having so much fun, I honestly lost track of time.

Domestic
--------
Seven new cities were created, mostly to fill some gaps in the european continent. Two of the cities were created abroad.
However 1 city, the "Caspian View" was first captured by Barbarians and then later destroyed by the japanese who attacked it. Many apologies to it's founder.

Wonders
-------
Michealangelos Chapel was finished in my reign, Marcos Embassy was completed, as well as Sun Tzu's Academy. Upon discovery of Theology, Bachs cathedral was also slated for building and was finished just before I realized how far I had gone past my limit. The Statue of Liberty is also halfway completed. It goes without saying, that we'll have the happiest civ in the world if nothing else.

War and Peace
-------------

A cease fire with the Japanese was signed in the beginning of the session. That is the good news. The bad news is that the english have been stayed bastards to our civ and so we are still at war with them. I set up a city on their island in order to set up shop for a proper conquest (if anyone wants). It's on a hill and already has city walls. With a musketeer inside, their current units are rendered virtually useless. Now the worst news. The sioux, the biggest civ in the game, signed an alliance with the spineless english and now they are at war with us!

Economic
--------

Business is booming and several trade routes have been developed. There is quite an impressive treasury now. Several barbarian leaders met their fate as well, so money has not been a problem.

Well thats the story.....I'm sending the save to Scouse Gits right now. I will be gone all of next week, so if you decide to veto my round, contact fergus for the previous save. Once again, I apologize for my error, collectively decide what to do.....

thanks
Old December 22, 2000, 04:14   #97
Laertes
Civilization III Democracy Game
Prince

I made a decision to save the game before the end of every turn, because I knew I would make the same mistake (and I did!).

Perhaps, Bohlen, if you have the time, you could play again from the beginning of his slot. Try and do everything you did before, and do not take advantage of knowledge of geography and enemy unit positions acquired.

And make a note of the year you are supposed to finish!!

Old December 22, 2000, 08:21   #98
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Thanks drake - we can all make mistakes - I certainly do!!
Game received - and will be played sometime over the Weekend - xmas permitting - someone remind me is this a no sleazes permitted game or are weapons free? I don't give the English long on this planet - and you never know SG2 might just get his Ironclads.

Regards to all and good civin'

------------------

- Paul Craven
Old December 22, 2000, 09:50   #99
kcbob
King

Local Time: 16:54
All is forgiven drake. Make the next house payment for all the players in this game and all will be well.

Seriously, we all know how this can happen. You just happened to be the first to 'fess up. I would say let's forge ahead and not worry about going back to some previous date. It's hard enough to go forward.

Good luck, SG. I think this is an "anything goes" game. It's not a non-ICS and that's the only restriction to any of the games that I can think of right now. Go get 'em.

------------------
Frodo lives!
Old December 22, 2000, 09:53   #100
kcbob
King

BTW, SG. If I'm not mistaken, CTG has taken a leave of absence so I'm next. Looking forward to it.

And Merry Christmas to all, and to all, good Civ'n.

------------------
Frodo lives!
Old December 22, 2000, 11:31   #101
Bohlen
Prince

Sounds like everything is back on track. I would do my best to recreate my turns if that is what is needed, but it looks like we will forge ahead with the game in it's current status.

Go topple that English government, SG! Once they see those Ironclads on the shore, they may just vacate their cities without a fight!
Old December 28, 2000, 08:46   #102
kcbob
King

*bump*

------------------
Frodo lives!
Old December 28, 2000, 19:53   #103
Scouse Gits
lifer
Emperor

OK KC - hold your water!!

The SGs in Concert on the World Map Succession

"Where are my Ironclads?", roared SG2...

Well - if we are not mistaken the answer is next turn -use them wisely Admiral Bob!

World Map Succession

1540AD - Built caravans near Smash's Folly for SoL.
Lots more caravans into production. Peace with Japs + Maps/Seafaring.
Xinning several cities - tech rate now 6 from 10.
1550AD - SG1 founded
1560AD - University; SG(2) founded; 5 Temples and a Granary privatised - York bought at discount - 12 city Xinning for 32 beakers/turn - tech rate @ 5
1570AD - SoL built ; SG3 founded;
1580AD - Communism established; SG4 on Nile founded; Barb King captured; Tech rate 4
1590AD - SG5 am Rhein founded; SG6 founded
1600AD - SG7 & SG8 founded
1610AD - Navigation (Caravels); SG9 founded
1620AD - SG10 founded
1630AD -
1640AD -
1650AD - Silk & Gold to London, 148g
1660AD - Magellan's started - caravans en route
1670AD - SG11 (on curry), SG12 founded
1680AD - Economics ( );
1690AD - Magellan's Voyage built at Smash's Folly ; SG13 founded;
1700AD - Japanese incursion in the far East - hopefully a vet Musk and vet Dragoon in a city on a river will see them off!

Summary: Two wonders, 13 Cities, 3 Tech advances and the port cities are in unit production for conversion to Ironclads in 1710. Every city of size greater than 4 with the exception of Apolyton (HG celebrating - more trade), Christantinople (Colossus city) is Xinning to maintain a tech rate of 4 turns per advance.

Game sent to kcbob ...
Old December 28, 2000, 19:58   #104
Scouse Gits
lifer
Emperor

Sorry - Double post!
[This message has been edited by Scouse Gits (edited December 29, 2000).]
Old December 28, 2000, 22:27   #105
Scouse Gits
lifer
Emperor

Sorry - Triple post!
[This message has been edited by Scouse Gits (edited December 29, 2000).]
Old December 29, 2000, 12:06   #106
kcbob
King

Swell! Now I've got two games in hand.

I'll try to crank them out this morning.

BTW, SG. Triple post???

------------------
Frodo lives!
Old December 29, 2000, 12:14   #107
kcbob
King

Houston, we have a problem.

SG, you must have sent the game to my work email address. I'm off work today and next Monday so would you please resend it to my Hotmail address? It's:

kcbob49@hotmail.com

Thanks. At least this'll give me a moment's respite while I tackle the Gigamap game.

------------------
Frodo lives!
Old December 31, 2000, 11:23   #108
kcbob
King

Now we have a bigger problem. I received the game from you, ScouseGits, but it's the wrong game. The one you sent is on the Gigamap of the real world. I'm not playing that game. Can you find the other one?

------------------
Frodo lives!
Old January 3, 2001, 15:43   #109
Scouse Gits
lifer
Emperor

Oh yes you are kcbob you played second after Christantine - we chose 10th hoping for Ironclads - this is the end of the first cycle and as Chris is MIA we sent the game to you.

The other gigamap is here http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum1/HTML/001502-4.html in which we follow you and pass to Julius - so don't play the gigamap 900AD I have sent you it isn't your turn!

------------------

- Paul Craven
Old January 3, 2001, 17:26   #110
kcbob
King

Okay, okay. I confess. I'm an idiot. This is the correct game. I'll get on it tonight when I get home. I would say one thing, though. The moral of this story is... "Too many cooks spoil the broth." I would suggest that future succession games limit themselves to no more than 5 dedicated players. I think that would greatly improve the flow of the game.

Later.

------------------
Frodo lives!
Old January 5, 2001, 09:24   #111
kcbob
King

* update *

I should be able to wrap this up tonight. My turn, that is.

* end update *

------------------
Frodo lives!
[This message has been edited by kcbob (edited January 05, 2001).]
Old January 6, 2001, 11:22   #112
kcbob
King

Turn completed and sent to Smash.

I knew this would happen. I get up this morning to finish my turn and two other succession games show up in my email. Guess I know what I'll be doing today.

A thousand pardons but I won't have a verbose narrative for this game. In a nutshell, we took a couple of English cities, I've begun moving dragoons into position to attack London, some of the settlers have begun building railroads between cities, and Rheims has begun building a wonder. Smash can decide between Darwins and Adam Smith.

Good luck, Smash!!

------------------
Frodo lives!
Old January 6, 2001, 11:26   #113
kcbob
King

Turn completed and sent to Smash.

I knew this would happen. I get up this morning to finish my turn and two other succession games show up in my email. Guess I know what I'll be doing today.

A thousand pardons but I won't have a verbose narrative for this game. In a nutshell, we took a couple of English cities, I've begun moving dragoons into position to attack London, some of the settlers have begun building railroads between cities, and Rheims has begun building a wonder. Smash can decide between Darwins and Adam Smith.

Good luck, Smash!!

------------------
Frodo lives!
Old January 6, 2001, 16:43   #114
Smash
Emperor

Local Time: 14:54
I also got 2 today.One is the giga map game and I assume the other is this one.However,this one got corrupted somehow.It didn't look compressed either.

Could you be so kind as to send another zipped copy along??
Old January 6, 2001, 16:47   #115
Smash
Emperor

Oh ya,you can begin prepping for a game vs Julius.Mr Hinds is in big trouble and I expect the end very soon.Unless he insists Julius demonstrate the win(well within his rights)
Old January 7, 2001, 11:40   #116
kcbob
King

I just resent this one to you, Smash. Hope this one works better.

And the "Wood Pushing" does look like it's coming down the home stretch, doesn't it? But am I next?

------------------
Frodo lives!
Old January 7, 2001, 17:44   #117
Smash
Emperor

Ok got it and all is well.

Yes.My last act as champion was to finalize "the list".Silverdragon has not expressed further interest.That makes you next followed by Carolus.
Old January 7, 2001, 20:18   #118
Smash
Emperor

Finished my 10 turns.Alot has changed since I last saw this game.

It was obvious that only the Sioux pose any threat.War seemed to be the way of predeccessors so that was continued on a limited scale while new weapons technology was developed to gain the edge on walled musketeer defenders.

London was captured after some valiant defending.However,a wave of diplomats was able to get the walls and that was that.Coventry was later converted at a minimal cost and now our empire's reach extends across the Atlantic.Soon the Sioux will find themselves with a steady flow of visitors.An advance party has arrived in Coventry and several fortresses are just waiting to be occupied.

Superior military technology has been gained with the dicoveries of Metallurgy,Conscription and Tactics.Magnetism was also researched.This was aided by completion of Darwin's Voyage.

War once again broke out with a Japanese sneak attack.The attack failed miserably and recon teams have been sent east to cut off the pesky elephant attacks.Assimilation seems to be the only method of solving Japanese aggression.

Smash's Folly may have become just that.Adam Smith's was near completion when I nodded off or something and forgot to buy what was left.As a result,we lost it and the city is stuck with a near done wonder and only Eiffel and Sufferage available.However Communism is being researched.Or maybe successors will leave it till Electronics.
Old January 7, 2001, 22:12   #119
Christantine The Great
Prince

Hello, everyone! I'm back. I will be here from now on (But it seems that I don't have any more turns to play anyway.). I do have some time constrictions though. I can only play Friday-Tuesday. I hope I didn't miss too much.
Old January 8, 2001, 07:43   #120
Laertes
Civilization III Democracy Game
Prince

If we are going to be fighting a lot, maybe Sufferage is worth a go. Are we playing for AC or conquer? Should have asked before I suppose?